Posted by -Mikey- 
Re: Brazilian Grand Prix *SPOILERS*
Date: September 26, 2005 04:21PM
Posted by: marcl
totally different version from what is printed on other sites
Date: September 26, 2005 04:24PM
Posted by: gary42
Raikkonnen has had the benefit of a third car doing set-up work all year, so Fernando has beaten him with an unfair handicap!!

Date: September 26, 2005 05:00PM
Posted by: tripleM
what is printed on the other sites?

Date: September 26, 2005 05:08PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Date: September 26, 2005 05:10PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
pat symonds summed it up nicely:

"Probably one of the few things that does annoy me a little bit is when people say it's not so much you winning the championship as McLaren losing it because to me reliability is just part of the challenge of what you do," Symonds said.

"I have no doubt if I said to (Renault engine boss) Rob White: 'We're dropping behind McLaren a bit, can we have another 20bhp?' I've no doubt he could do it. In fact I know he could.

"But he'd say: 'You can have it for the first three practice sessions, but I doubt it will last until practice four.' Well that's not good engineering.

"We have got that balance a little bit better than McLaren probably this year. It is incredibly difficult to get right, but it is a question of organising yourself.

"Just because we have been better than McLaren doesn't mean we're good enough, and we're always trying to improve things that we hope will maintain our position at the top.

"It can be done - Ferrari have shown it. But equally they have shown it can turn around."

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: September 26, 2005 05:18PM
Posted by: Lemming
[www.itv-f1.com]

a little bit off topic but it's not worth creating a new thread over.

i thought it was a very sensible thing for raikkonen to do... what about how the drivers take restarts at the brazillian gp? didn't seem to safe to me, bunching everyone up like that, was even worse in 2003..

Date: September 26, 2005 05:44PM
Posted by: mikef1
Yeah Juan Pablo looked like he was give Alonso one up the arse on at least two occasions, to me that was as bad as Kimi holding everyone up in the pit lane at Spa.
Date: September 26, 2005 05:47PM
What about the formation lap - WTF was happening at the back??

Date: September 26, 2005 06:07PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
Hakkinen's 1998 triumph is even less in my eyes than Alonso's 2005 triumph.

Hakkinen had by far and away the best car in 1998 and the fact that Schumacher took the title down to the wire showcases Schumi's talent rather than anything that Hakkkinen did in particular.
Alonso however has managed to claim the title when for 80% of the season his car wasnt the best in raw pace. But Alonso was lucky that the gap between Renault and the Rest was huge. If Ferrari, Toyota and BAR could have played more of a role we may instead be fuming over a false Raikkonen win to set up the title than Alonso's WDC.
Nonetheless a deserved title, however lucky he was.

EDIt//!

and also....something which shows that Michael schumacher is a nice guy no matter what you think of him....us in Britain didnt see this because of crappy ITV..

Schumacher aproached Nano but he was interrupted when someone handled him a mobile phone. Michael stood patiently (even if he didn't knew, I think, that it was the King of Spain on the line) smiling.

After that, Alonso (his mind still "out of this world";) looked somewhat lost, not knowing how to salute Michael, it seemed that Fernando was going to shake his hand... then it was Michael who grabbed him and gave him a big hug.

It was not only the act, but the face and easyness of Schumacher that was really kind and warm, as if he was really happy for Nano (not only just being polite). It was really emotive, specially for we Nano fans that still consider Schumacher as the best ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2005 06:11PM by Mini Maestro.
Date: September 26, 2005 06:27PM
Posted by: Lemming
Nano? never heard him called that before :s

[www.pitpass.com]

where's hakkinenf1 to bring the real interesting facts when you need em? ;)

27 years is quite an achievement.

Date: September 26, 2005 06:48PM
You realise that it's 22 years since one of the 'Big Four' (McLaren, Williams, Ferrari, Benetton/Renault) won EITHER title. We need BAR or Toyota to break through FAST

Date: September 26, 2005 07:32PM
Posted by: LS.
Mini Maestro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> EDIt//!
>
> and also....something which shows that Michael
> schumacher is a nice guy no matter what you think
> of him....
>
> it seemed that Fernando was going
> to shake his hand... then it was Michael who
> grabbed him and gave him a big hug.

Nah that was Michael trying break a few of his ribs ;)

I remember another squeeze michael gave Alonso, it was at 190mph down the Hanger straight ;)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: September 26, 2005 07:43PM
Posted by: yositm
Lemming Escrito:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nano? never heard him called that before :s
>
> ...
>

This is how his family call him, and many people here in Spain (it means small person)

TOMA!!!
Date: September 26, 2005 07:53PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Some call him Nando too, if I am not mistaken.

Date: September 26, 2005 08:50PM
Posted by: Muks_C
should call him 'Freddie', like Flintoff, even though his name is Andrew.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 27, 2005 12:35AM
Posted by: calimbo

lol, that sounds so funny "Alonso is a bastard"

Date: September 27, 2005 01:30AM
Posted by: IceKimi
Look at the womans face!LOL

Team McLaren
Grand Prix entries:597 Wins:148 Pole Positions:122
Date: September 27, 2005 07:38AM
the reason 1998 and 1999 went to the wire was due to the fact the mclaren was the fastest car but broke down alot and he also in 1999 got hit by dc in a few races and made some mistakes at imola and monza.

There were a few drivers who could win in 1998 and 1999

2005 was after imola if kimi broke down alonso would win. No matter what people say mclaren did cost kimi the championship this year simple as that. Until imola they could not qualify, kimi made a mistake at australia and the european gp. other than that mclaren cost kimi a potentail 40 points.

anyway dont matter alonos won

it was the same in 1991 williams had the fastest car (dont care what people say) but due to break downs and a pit error cost mansell the championship

Mika also probably lost the 2000 championship due to car probs and 2001 mclaren totaly messed up with the electronics and cost dc big time

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2005 11:11AM by marcl.
Date: September 27, 2005 12:00PM
Posted by: Ali
Again the same: "McLaren would have won if...", and now we are talking about 98,99,2000,2004,2005... well, then McLaren should try to make a reliable car more than a faster one, don't you think?

All those titles were deserved by the drivers who won. In 2000 MSchumacher had a much more complete season than Hakkinen, who had a very good races in mid season, but he was completly swept by Schumacher in the last 4 races.

McLaren is, behind the Ferrari, the most "important" team in F1 but in recent years they have had always the same problem. A new "estrategy" could be needed. Perhaps not such an advanced car and more conservative but reliable designs could be a good choice. Don't you think that if McLaren would have been more reliable this season could have been slower on track? Then, the sentence "Kimi would have won if..." has no sense. That didn't happened and it was because something...
Date: September 27, 2005 12:48PM
thats the thing mclaren have had the same problem since 1997 and they are engine probs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy