Proposed 2008 Regulation Changes

Posted by Zcott 
Re: Proposed 2008 Regulation Changes
Date: June 17, 2005 12:09PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
You never know...These new regulations COULD be great! I mean....just at look at the success they had with changing the QUALIFYING FORMAT!! :)

The only thing they should add is a B.P. self serve store in the pit lane. The drivers should have to get out and re-fuel themselves.

Date: June 17, 2005 12:15PM
Posted by: Sauber89
this is a joke losing all faith in this sport 90% reduction in downforce its stupid theres nothing wrong with the sport atm

Date: June 17, 2005 12:53PM
Posted by: tripleM
What's puzzling is the downforce reduction being combined with mantaining the current drag level.

Also in the news

"FIA acquires/announces plans for building a windtunnel"

and of course a bit later

"FIA wins the 2008 constructors championship"

;-)

The cynic in me actually believes that FIA and someone else;-) will have a *bit*;-) more control over the championship outcome should these proposals be voted through.
Date: June 17, 2005 01:56PM
Posted by: Vader
Most experts will say that the greatest racing F1 has probably ever produced was that of the 60s pre wing era. Compared to modern F1 they had zilch aerodynamic grip, but the racing was 6 million times better. Grip level says nothing about quality.

Without offence, but I dare say that most people who complain now haven't started following F1 before 2000. Otherwise you would lnow that there is more to F1 than just speed and downforce.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 17, 2005 02:55PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I thought it said 10% reduction *checks*. No, it does say reduce dto 10%

It's just the common parts that gets me. F1 is about driver skill AND technical innovations, and the FIA are strangling that.

Date: June 17, 2005 03:29PM
Posted by: chet
ive been following f1 for as long as i remember.. way before 2000..
imo there is not much wrong with the racing...

all the cost cutting proposals are good..

if u want good racing change the tracks..

what has happend is that the cars have outgrown the tracks.. it happens in karting.. the karts get too fast..

so jsut change the tracks.. we saw great racing at Spa..Monza.. Shanghai, Hockenhiem and Bahrain..

I bet this season the best race for action will be Spa.. if this season carrys on the way it is Spa will be one of the best in years im sure of it..

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 17, 2005 03:38PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Chet, whats cheaper? changing the cars or building big venues? :rolleyes:

Date: June 17, 2005 04:59PM
Posted by: Sauber89
yer iv been folowing it from before 2000 still no ones given a reason y these reg changes r needed

Date: June 17, 2005 05:23PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Vader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most experts will say that the greatest racing F1
> has probably ever produced was that of the 60s pre
> wing era. Compared to modern F1 they had zilch
> aerodynamic grip, but the racing was 6 million
> times better. Grip level says nothing about
> quality.
>
> Without offence, but I dare say that most people
> who complain now haven't started following F1
> before 2000. Otherwise you would lnow that there
> is more to F1 than just speed and downforce.
>

Yes and by 2000 it was already deeply embracing the realms of utter shitness.

Oh yes also the changing of the tracks has been partly to do with it aswell, all in terms of "safety". For exmaple, the new changed bus stop at spa - why? But also monza first chicane bit is utter crapness to drive through and stuff. If they have to add chicanes then at least make them slightly okay, like how it was in monza in 94 or something. Would be better without the things in the first place ;) but that isn't going to happen :D

H E L L O

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2005 05:27PM by Daniel Knott.
Date: June 17, 2005 05:48PM
"Yes and by 2000 it was already deeply embracing the realms of utter shitness."

Oh dear.

F1 has always been about finding the best combination of man and machine.

Calling it shitness will be throwing away 50+ years of history.

Reducing performance so drastically will kill the name F1.One can easily come up with ways of making F1 more pleasing to the people who want to see NASCAR number of passes without the cars being reduced to fenderless versions of those bricks.

The proposals are a crock.How much can you alienate the manufacturers and further undermine the credibility and competitiveness of your own* championship.Bad move,Max.

*I do realise that the breakaway series will probably be also FIA-sanctioned.
Date: June 17, 2005 06:47PM
Posted by: Red Sam
As someone else said, this is a typical Mosely tactic of putting lots of over the top stuff in there with sensible things, in order to get the sensible stuff through :)

Good stuff, i say :)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: June 17, 2005 07:41PM
tripleM Wrote:
> "Yes and by 2000 it was already deeply embracing
> the realms of utter shitness."
>
> Oh dear.
>
> F1 has always been about finding the best
> combination of man and machine.
>
> Calling it shitness will be throwing away 50+
> years of history.
>

On the contrary, go back to mid nineties and previous and it was actually good. This would be embracing it's history.

H E L L O
Date: June 17, 2005 07:41PM
97kirkc Wrote:
> Chet, whats cheaper? changing the cars or building
> big venues? :rolleyes:
>
>

y not bin the shite tracks like Hungary, Melbourne, Imola, Magney cours, Barcelona???

And possibly get better tracks..

btw - i would have put Monaco in the list but every1 is too dependant on it

Date: June 17, 2005 07:58PM
Imola used to be good before the changes. Melbourne isn't that bad. Don't really know about the other 3.

Indianapolis is awful imho but I doubt if people will agree with me.

H E L L O
Date: June 17, 2005 08:13PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Yeah, don't like Indy. Quite like Magny Cours.

[Website]
Date: June 17, 2005 09:02PM
"On the contrary, go back to mid nineties and previous and it was actually good. This would be embracing it's history."

I have been watching F1 for about one and a half decades and never complained about the action.Guess it's a personal thing.
Date: June 17, 2005 09:40PM
well in all honesty the only thing about f1 that annoys me is the fact that the leading motorsport in the world goes to tracks like Hungary.. any other series will be fine there.. except f1. the reason is obvious.. the f1 cars are just simply too fast.. before they knw it there at the next corner..

thats y 125 and 250cc class are more competitive than the 500..

Date: June 17, 2005 10:25PM
Posted by: harjinator
Indy can be good at teh first corner. The rset of the infield isn't so hot... I agree that the FIA shouldn't standardise things too much-the teams should be allowed to innovate, as long as things don't get silly, that kind of thing can improve the sport...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: June 18, 2005 12:14AM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
some people are just beyond redemption

Wow the cars are slower so what does F1 have to be the fastest league to be good racing, no it doesnt no doubt they will find ways to get faster than you think.

Theres nothing wrong with those regulations, the only problem for me is that they come back when schuie will most probs have retired and wont allow him along with coulthard to pwn the rest of the field.

Alonso cant live without traction control if these rules come in he wont be a WDC. Thats the breed of drivers we have tc dependant mofos....thats not driver skill, thats a computer. If Senna [RIP], Prost, Mansell [if he slims down] had retired and came back for a fun race i bet with these regulations they would beat half the field and that isnt good

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2005 12:20AM by Mini Maestro.
Date: June 18, 2005 12:43AM
lol that alonso comment is so true..

there was a program about ferrari and it showed MS's throttle length and rubens's

MS had a lond throttle range.. so he could feed it in.. whereas Ruben's was very short.. either it was on or not..

if shuie stayed no doubt he would be untouchable..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy