The 2005 Nürburgring GP Thread [spoiler warning]

Posted by markko 
yeah , more than the fact Kimi lost , I got scared he would hit Button very hard :S
I dont think we will see radical changes in this rule. Anyway, an incident like this in the last corner of the Indianapolis circuit could be much more serius...

tokiorocha
keiran Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I would think that the tyre rule would be changed
> to be a bit less specific so in a situation like
> today a team knows that they are safe to pit and
> replace the tire.
>

The rules say the tyres can be changed when they have a puncture or when they are damaged. It would have been perfectly okay if McLaren had changed Kimi's tyre. They would have handed the damaged tyre over tot he stewards and they would have seen the flat spot and the risk of blowing the tyre and nothing would have happened.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2005 12:16AM by Vader.
the problem is that McLaren should't have let kimi go. the vibration was very big, too much. the accident was not very surprising, it was something tha could happen. Imagine what would happen if Kimi hurts himself or button seriously, probably the team would be in trouble

TOMA!!!
It was Kimi's decision, too. I thinkit was the right thing to stay out and try it.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Vader Wrote:
> The rules say the tyres can be changed when they
> have a puncture or when they are damaged. It would
> have been perfectly okay if McLaren had changed
> Kimi's tyre. They would have handed the damaged
> tyre over tot he stewarts and they would have seen
> the flat spot and the risk of blowing the tyre and
> nothing would have happened.
>

I agree but it is a difficult decision to make, take a risk to win a race or play safety to take some points... But the team sould have the resposability to ensure the safety of the drivers.
Yeah...so why renault didn't change their rear tyres at Monaco? I think you can change the tyres only if the explode or something

The renault tyres were just wore off , they couldnt change it
calimbo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah...so why renault didn't change their rear
> tyres at Monaco? I think you can change the tyres
> only if the explode or something
>

Do you think I am telling lies? Or did you just not read what I posted above?

2005 Sporting Regulations - document update: 25.05.2005

SUPPLY OF TYRES IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND TYRE LIMITATION DURING THE EVENT

74 a)
[...]

Unless a precautionary tyre change is necessary for clear genuine safety reasons, only a punctured or damaged tyre may be changed during the race.

[...]

This clearly says that you can change a tyre for 3 reasons:

1. for genuine safety reasons
2. because of a puncture
3. because of damage

A severly worn off tyre is a safety threat, however they didn't change it for Alonso in Monaco because he would have scored no points if they had made him pit.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
i think we're going to be having the same debate over and over his year look at the finishes we've had in last two races and we're off to one of the biggest test on tyres and brakes montreal should be very interesting

I keep watching the last 2 laps, and I keep crying LOL

Does anyone know where I can download a movie clip of it? I wanna have it on my phone.

[en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2005 12:26AM by iCeMaN pAuL.
I think michelin have been pushing it with the softness of their compounds of late, Brundle said something about underestimating the tyre wear and getting softer at Barcelona IIRC, maybe they will opt for harder compounds next time out.

As for kimi, I think staying out was the right thing to do, race for the win, all or nothing, thats the spirit we want to see!

Michelin have different tyre compounds, some are harder than others. Mclaren tend to go for the softer compound 'cos their car is kind to its tyres usually. What happened with kimi was a result of him locking up and going off track more than the tyres being too soft.
Also, well done too ITV for showing us feck all after the race had finished, i'd rather see the drivers press conference and race analysis than all the stuff they put on before the race starts.
Re: The 2005 Nürburgring GP Thread [spoiler warning]
Date: May 30, 2005 12:58AM
Posted by: chet
yeah i am a fanboy... and dam proud!!

@karan - im not too bothered.. well i am.. im just so happy that the champ is so good.. if in 04 BAR were how they are now.. i probably would have called it the worst season... but i was only bothered with BARs results.. and didnt care much who was in front or behind...

I think JB is goin to stay at BAR btw...well actually i think Frank will not take up the option...

if i were frank i would keep Nick... y.. to keep everything the same.. driver changes are arkward... ie Monty to macca. the team have to adjust.. as does the driver... and also Nick is good...

and JB would be better at BAR. its more of a him team... i cant see him driving a williams in what i would call a 'new' williams team..

i was so pissed off at ITV not showing the press conference.. but they showed all that crap at the start.. which they showed in quali.. but have to say i enjoyed the Ron interview... and y only speak to Sam micheal once??? twats!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
tbh Sam Michael comes across as arrogant and unwilling to speak anyway - that was clear in all the interviews with him all weekend.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
good point about the post-race stuff.

is 'Crocodile Hunter Diaries' so important that we don't see the top 3 drivers press conference?

they should cut down half an hour from the pre-race, and extend the post race by half an hour, they mostly show bollox in the pre-race bit anyway.

about the Alonso fingers thing, yes it looks a little annoying, but thats his gimmick. i'm sure most people (even fans) hate it when MS does his point/wink/smile/blow kiss when he's won a race.

highlights on in a minute. seeya

Go Preston in the playoff at Cardiff tomorrow!!

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2005 01:37AM by Muks_C.
Just read this from a BBC reader

"Kimi is a danger to himself and other drivers. He is an unsympathetic driver who regularly pushes his car to extremes. This time he was lucky - maybe next time he won't be and he only just missed taking Button out. I'd like to see an FIA enquiry as to why he wasn't pulled in."

a tad harsh, i thought
OH NO, an TOP PROFESSIONAL SPORTSMAN who pushes to the LIMIT! what has the world come to!

(the reader is a moron IMO).

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Vader, calm down...i was just asking....I thought this was a "family" as you said before

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy