The 2005 Nürburgring GP Thread [spoiler warning]

Posted by markko 
it will rain in canada and ferrari will come back with 1st and 2nd place :p

Kimi said in the interview that he couldn't focus on anything at high speed. you could see his hands on the wheel shaking as the vibration was so much at high speed.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
"raikkonen should have been gaining on heidfeld in europe same with alonso....."

didnt quite understand sorry

anyway just check the formula1.com site , in all practices at nurb mclaren and renault were the fastest. but you´re right about Williams, normally williams are in good shape there , let´s see :)
I dont expect to much from McLaren in Canada, especialy because their underpowered Mercedes engine.

Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> who will Webber have off in Canada then?
>
>
>
> RedSam: Rejecting Gui's advances since January
> 2004

he'll aim for nick again, but at the end of the day he wont mind - just as long as he gets more than ralf ;-)

____
Tony

Williams have a god chance in Canada...the historic says...
If we don´t have rain.
But, it´s been a while since we have a race in rainy conditions. If I not in mistake, I think it was in Indianapolis back 2003!
After that, only slight umid track, but not really wet track.
I wonder...it´s possible Michelin have not evoluted in this time? They test a lot in artificially flooded tracks . Bridgestone continue far superior in wet conditions? It´s been a while since the last real comparassion....so...who knows?
Also...to be considerer...Gincarlo Fisichella has quite good results there in weaks teams, it´s a track where luck appears to be on his side, maybe he can comeback to win there.
Alonso so far was always there. Kimi don´t have a god qualy spot, but...
It will be curious.
dolinseks Wrote:
> I dont expect to much from McLaren in Canada,
> especialy because their underpowered Mercedes
> engine.

huh? Mclaren now have one of the best engines on the grid, on par with Ferrari's.

and besides there's more than high speed to be worriyng about at Montreal, its a real tyre/brake destoryer of a circuit, which could see Bridgestone and Renault struggle.

Re: The 2005 Nürburgring GP Thread [spoiler warning]
Date: May 31, 2005 11:43PM
Posted by: chet
and BAR theere breaks arnt the best... they struggled at Imola.. bahrain and i think eurpe :O

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
agree with the last two posts thats why i believe williams to have a good chance....because bridgestone/ferrari will struggle ... renault rear tyre wear ... bars breaks dont hold especially if button's breaks struggle seeing as he is supposedly easy on tyres ...

therefore sauber , williams [heidfeld] and mclarens should benefit and score well
Date: June 01, 2005 12:29AM
Posted by: chet
Bahrain was perfect to see JBs style compared to satos.. Sato wasted his breaks withing like 7laps.. he defended too hard.. whereas JB decided to take it easy.. preserved and well gained later.. sort of ;)

i hope JV does well.. also i hope Nick does again

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
god qualy spot

Dont bring God into this - we all know he races as Schumacher.... ;)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
weather has been fairly cool in montreal these days. late teens to low 20s :) thankfully not 30c+ which the michelins just love. also it rained yesterday i think and theres also a thunderstorm warning for thursday and its gonna be cloudy most of the week so maybe..bridgestone and ferrari have a chance if they get the right compound for the weather ;)
Date: June 01, 2005 01:42AM
Posted by: Imran
One thing i find a bit daft. is the fact that trulli was punished for mechanics being on the grid. I reckon..in such a situation the driver should not be penalised during the race..but the team docked however many points the driver gained in the constructors championship. The driver should be allowed to keep his points and race normally.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
in trulli's case they shouldve just left him on the grid and started him from the pitlane. instead of staying past the 15sec mark and incurring a stop and go penalty. starting from the pitlane wouldve saved him from 1st corner scrum and cost a lot less time than a drive thru penalty.
Red Sam Wrote:
> god qualy spot
>
> Dont bring God into this - we all know he races as
> Schumacher....
>
>
>
> RedSam: Rejecting Gui's advances since January
> 2004

Yeah...yeah...sorry about that...my english is far from be perfect, I´m just a brazilian who loves racing. LOL.
But, who knows...this "god" bring rain for M Shumacher at Montreal, assuming that they aren´t the same person......................
97kirkc Wrote:
> dolinseks Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I dont expect to much from McLaren in
> Canada,
> > especialy because their underpowered
> Mercedes
> > engine.
>

>
> and besides there's more than high speed to be
> worriyng about at Montreal, its a real tyre/brake
> destoryer of a circuit, which could see
> Bridgestone and Renault struggle.
>
>
> ================================
>

why would the bridgestones struggle? :s their tires have been more reliable and durable in the race than michelins. although renaults rear tires are gonna be in for another pounding like monaco,due to the nature of the montreal circuit.

Date: June 01, 2005 06:25AM
Posted by: marcl
canada is a low grip track just like monaco ferrari might find themselves starting to far back and its so easy in canada to have a 1st lap crash
well if there's a 1st lap crash,it'll benefit ferrari then lol

but like someone mentioned, i seriously hope they put either rubens or michael on a really light first stint to get one of them on pole then stay out front till the tires warm up. atleast they wont be squabbling around in the midfield getting held up.
Date: June 01, 2005 06:51AM
Posted by: marcl
canada is heavy on breaks, gearboxes engines and rear tyres and fuel.

Kimi will probably have a new engine so that might help him but then hinder him for the usa.

i remember back in 2003 MS won the race one of his best drives as the ferrari should not have won.

I think though cananda is normally a strong race for michelin will be interesting to see what happens also it is so easy to lock a break in canada and the harpin last corner will proove hard on warn tyres
no but they'll be stuck behind the jordans aftr pitting on lap 4

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy