Red Bull's 2nd Driver

Posted by Bernie The Bolt 
Re: Red Bull's 2nd Driver
Date: April 14, 2005 03:36AM
Posted by: Red Sam
I think Neel Jani should get the seat. He has tested more extensively for Sauber and RBR, and I think he deserves the chance.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: April 14, 2005 03:41AM
Posted by: brillopad365
speed killed him in barcelona test as shown by my sig. :)

6/19/05 the date formula one died in america
R.I.P.
Date: April 14, 2005 03:54AM
I still maintain that in GP conditions, a guy who has tested F1 cars on a number of occasions with relative success is a best bet.

RBR are already in a marketing and promotional mix with the Klien/Liuzzi situation, why add Speed to it??

RedSam

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2005 03:57AM by Red Sam.
Date: April 14, 2005 03:55AM
Double post

RedSam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2005 03:56AM by Red Sam.
Date: April 14, 2005 04:00AM
Posted by: brillopad365
because hes american and im american, slight bias

6/19/05 the date formula one died in america
R.I.P.
Date: April 14, 2005 04:05AM
LOL thats fair enough :)

Nice to see him beating Piquet Jr too :)

RedSam

Date: April 14, 2005 10:55AM
Posted by: Zcott
It'd be great to have an American driver in F1. America is the only market that F1 hasn't cracked yet, and surely having an American driver in the series would help America's population get watching F1.

Date: April 14, 2005 07:07PM
Posted by: Zcott
The FIA today changed the rule. Now, anyone with an F1 superlicence can drive on a Friday. I'm kind of disappointed, tbh....I think the rule promoted teams to employ rookie drivers who had a chance to shine.

Date: April 14, 2005 07:29PM
Posted by: Muks_C
I agree Zcott, bad decision.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 14, 2005 07:46PM
Posted by: Nickv
Now I think it's Klien because the rule has been changed.
Because the teams asked for a change (espacially RBR).
Now everybody can drive the 3rd car on Friday.
Date: April 14, 2005 08:12PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Zcott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It'd be great to have an American driver in F1.
> America is the only market that F1 hasn't cracked
> yet, and surely having an American driver in the
> series would help America's population get
> watching F1.

I agree. Not because i want to see americans in F1 specificly, but if we open the door to the american market maybe we'll end up with F1 at road america or some other good track.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 14, 2005 08:18PM
Posted by: b-tone
how long will it take tho to interest enough americans to make them want more? and would they cope with the non circular motion?

stupid rule changes - now all teams can run a friday car with any driver? good way to keep costs down and help the crap teams :|

____
Tony

Date: April 14, 2005 08:23PM
Posted by: Nickv
No I meant every driver can drive the 3rd car (if you're team is allowed to use one)
Date: April 14, 2005 08:25PM
Posted by: marcl
am happy for klien but as i said bet people like wilson will be pissed off.

i agree with dave some of the track in the usa are great and would be fantastic for f1 better than indy
Date: April 14, 2005 08:52PM
how long will it take tho to interest enough americans to make them want more? and would they cope with the non circular motion?

An American driver will help alot. A well known american driver, and a top class american driver wouldnt go a miss either

Non circular motion? They have already given us Road America, Road Atlanta, Laguna seca, and Mid Ohio, 4 of the greatest road courses in the world. Im sure they would cope somehow ;-)

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 14, 2005 10:35PM
Im sure they would cope somehow

yeah, but imagine all the neck injuries* :o

*to the fans, that is ;-)

____
Tony

Date: April 14, 2005 10:37PM
Posted by: smorr
no circular motion?

That realy offends me.. ALOT Of us americans actually HATE NASCAR, if you ask me it is a Pile of S***. If i want circles i go watch the local shorttrack! Personaly i like road racing, infact i think my favorites series of racing is Speed GT (great races) or every now and then a ALMS race, not because they are the closest things, but because its COOL.

Oh, to add to what dave said,

Dont forget Sebring, maybe the Daytona Roval, and one of the best Lime Rock Park.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: April 14, 2005 10:41PM
Well like nascar or not, he has a point. America's primary motorsport is oval based. there next top 2, one is oval based and only added road courses this year, and one used to be very oval based and has filtered it down to just 2 ovals

The Daytona Prototype produce amazing racing thought. I seen the season review and loved it.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 15, 2005 09:36AM
Posted by: marcl
even the irl has some road tracks now something they said will never happen
Date: April 15, 2005 11:50AM
true, Dave - those tracks, and other non O ones are some of the best around.
just seeing thousands of fans sitting like at a football game is just something i'm not used to, snd doesnt really capture the spirit of racing (to me anyway).
theres no wandering about looking for good spots, no great corners, no action spots - just a 500 mile straight (with camber)

like most sports (and other things) america like going it alone, and f1 has never really taken hold in the us - it seems americas attitude to f1 now is more similar to bahrain/turkey etc rather than the european countries.
going on americas raceing pedigree you'd thinkg half the f1 field should be americans.
i'd love americans in f1, but on merit and not just an american alex yoong.

just to add, i'm no expert - american racing has little coverage here, and oval racing (generalising) is always fun to watch

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy