KR
Alonso
Barrichello
Webber
Fisichella
Re: best drivers
Date: March 23, 2005 01:47AM
Posted by: genesis
I love that people are putting Fisichella in the top 6. It's so silly. Button, Schumacher, Montoya, Raikkonen, Alonso, Trulli, Coulthard, Barrichello, all of these are far better than Fisichella. He's won two races, in silly conditions. And he made a complete tit of himself on Sunday. There is a reason why he never got a drive with a big team, y'know.
Date: March 23, 2005 04:35AM
Posted by: borohahaha
Coulthard is even worse imo, he's never done anything good or came close to winning a championship, even when he was with McClaren!

It might just be me, but I can't see anything good about him besides he seems like a really nice guy and all.
Date: March 23, 2005 05:30AM
Posted by: Marco1
1. Michael Schumacher
2. Giancarlo Fisichella
3. Fernando Alonso
4. Kimi Raikkonen
5. Rubens Barrichello
6. Jenson Button
7. Mark Webber
8. Nick Heidfeld
9. David Coulthard
10. Jarno Trulli
11. Jacques Villeneuve
12. Takuma Sato
13. Juan-Pablo Montoya
14. Ralf Schumacher
15. Felipe Massa
16. Christian Klien
17. Narain Karthikeyan
18. Tiago Monteiro
19. Christijan Albers

Fisi is VASTLY under rated. I was watching the belgium gp 97 today, what a very impressive and mature drive. This guy will retire with one championship under his belt.

Montoya - way over rated, Kimi is showing him whose boss but it running into some misfortunes.

Jaques - never really impressive, took 97 to the wire but should have clinched the championship many rounds prior to jerez with the caliber of car he had underneath him. Give him time and he will pass mazza in preformance.

Webber - wayyy too overrated, Hiedfeld is another fisi never had a chance to prove himself, he will beat webber this season.

Rubans - Farrr better than people give him credit for. Why is he so high on my list? cause the drivers ahead of him if they were driving a ferrari would be closer and able to beat on occasion ms.
Date: March 23, 2005 12:27PM
Posted by: andrew_S
genesis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love that people are putting Fisichella in the
> top 6. It's so silly. Button, Schumacher, Montoya,
> Raikkonen, Alonso, Trulli, Coulthard, Barrichello,
> all of these are far better than Fisichella. He's
> won two races, in silly conditions. And he made a
> complete tit of himself on Sunday. There is a
> reason why he never got a drive with a big team,
> y'know.

---

exactly cai! that sums it up perfectly

reading roebucks column in autosport a few weeks ago also summed it up

"a few years ago i asked a high profile team manager about fissichella, and why a big team hadn't taken him"

reply:

"if anyone was interested in fisichella they would have snapped him up years ago"

His career has been mistake riden, and hes proved time after time that he doesn't have the head for it, ive said it before, and this weekends action kind of backs that up, who can miss there grid slot twice, for god sake?!

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 23, 2005 12:41PM
Posted by: mikef1
All the teams that Fisi has driven for have heaped praise upon him so these criticisms do not have much basis. Last year Alonso made unforced errors so no-one is exempt from getting it wrong from time to time.
Date: March 23, 2005 12:53PM
Posted by: Zcott
Obviously Fisichella has done something right in his F1 career if he started at Minardi in 1996 and is still around 9 years later in a top team, winning races. He's beaten every team mate he's had (including Ralf Schumacher and Jenson Button) and is now doing pretty well for himself at Renault.

Sure, he didn't have a great weekend in Malaysia, but at least he qualified well. This is more than can be said for a certain M Schumacher, countless-times world champion, who had the kind of weekend you'd expect from a rookie in China last year. Now that Fisi has a consistently good car, expect consistenly good results.

Date: March 23, 2005 01:00PM
no question he is fastm but fast doesnt make a good driver, i think he will be less consistent than alonso this year and may make more mistakes. im not doubting his speed (At any time) im doubting his mind

Date: March 23, 2005 01:06PM
Everyone knows this is Fisi's chance at the big time, and no one knows it better than him. Having driven F1 cars for almost 9 full years, I'd say his mind is pretty good now. He's a lot more consistent and experienced now than he used to be, and I'd say he'll respond well to Alonso's challenge. For me, the Fisi/Alonso battle is one of the highlights of the season, especially since it's at the front of the field. Fisichella knows how to work a team (having driven very well for Jordan, Sauber, and Benetton), and knows how to work an F1 car (because he's been driving them for years), and all this experience is coming together with this shot at Renault.

Date: March 23, 2005 02:04PM
Posted by: Priddo
1. Alonso
2. Raikkonen
3. Webber
4. Schumacher (M)
5. Hiedfeld
6. Montoya
Date: March 23, 2005 02:09PM
Posted by: mikef1
I think that Alonso and Kimi are both at least as fast as Schumi but need to improve on consistency to beat him regularly.
Date: March 23, 2005 04:38PM
Posted by: Nickv
1 M Schumacher
2 Raikkonen
3 Webber
4 Alonso
5 Fisichella
6 Button
Date: March 23, 2005 04:49PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Fisichella has beaten every team mate he has been put agaianst. What mroe do you want? What more can he do? Especailly when these team mates inlcuded drivers like Jenson and Ralf.

What more can the man do? Win a race in a Minardi? What exactly is expected for him? Hes done more than most drivers on the grid, but they constantly get priased and there ass's licked.

He made a mistake in Sepang. Woopie. Big deal, @#$%& happens. Schumacher has made a mistake, is he suddenly not worthy of a formula 1 title or what?

Coulthard is even worse imo, he's never done anything good or came close to winning a championship, even when he was with McClaren!

2nd in 2001. Which i belive makes him the closest driver out of everyone except for the man who won it?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 23, 2005 06:41PM
what more can he do eh? ;)

but seriously, its all well and good this debate, it will be proved conclusivly one way or the other this year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2005 06:44PM by andrew_S.
Date: March 23, 2005 08:15PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Fisichella is not as good as Alonso, but he's good enough for the top 6 in my opinion. I think he lacks the killer instinct of a champion F1 driver, although you could say Hill proved you didn't always need one.
Date: March 23, 2005 08:17PM
Hill proved you didn't always need one.

;)

Fisichella is certainly one to watch this year, it's almost as good as the Montoya/Raikkonen tussle!

Date: March 23, 2005 08:22PM
Posted by: The Lopper
trés witty Scott. ;)

The Montoya - Raikkonen tussle will be hopeless; at the mo Kimster pwns Monty, JP would want to find his confidence again.
Date: March 23, 2005 08:36PM
Posted by: Imran
Well its a bit early to expect too much from JPm,hes new to the team,and is still learning the way the team works and also the wya that mclarens are designed to work. Plus hes ahead of raikkonen in the championship at the moment even if hes not as quick at the moment. i think its wrong to start judgin how drivers will perform with only 2 races gone.

Also its funny how people opinions on the best drivers change almost race by race! I bet if in the next two races fisi hammer alonso because FA is on the wrong setup then people wil be sayin alonso is over rated and Fisi is the best.

i think this season just proves that most of the drivers are pretty equal in terms of speed, and the only difference is how good they are at getting car set up, consistency of lap times and how many mistakes they make.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 23, 2005 09:00PM
Posted by: BigD
Priddo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1. Alonso
> 2. Raikkonen
> 3. Webber
> 4. Schumacher (M)
> 5. Hiedfeld
> 6. Montoya
>

Webber better than MS? not being funny, just wondered ur reasons for that choice?

id go with (best, not quickest)

1. Michael
2. Kimi
3. Rubens
4. Fernando
5. Ralf (on his day)

Date: March 23, 2005 11:02PM
Posted by: chet
ralf on his day is amazing, but 'that day' is often only a day for 1 race, sadley.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy