best drivers

Posted by borohahaha 
Re: best drivers
Date: March 24, 2005 08:52PM
Posted by: Marco1
Mclaren tussle between Kimi and Jpm? Trust me its a no contest. Jpm will be owned by Kimi this year.

Now keep in mind I dislike them both, so I aint choosing sides because I support the other one more. But Kimi is far more talented than JPM, indeed those years at williams with ralf were not a good indicater.

ralf is a mess in my opinion. As said at the beligium gp in 1997 by martin brundle, Ralf goes into a corner with total confidence like MS, but the end result is ralf will mess it up 4 out of 5 times, where as michael doesnt.

Concerning MS, he is naturally the best talent in f1 both in and out of the cockpit, you look at some of the things he has done in his career its been impecable, the best ms moment is 1998 Hungaroring, absolutle steller that day. Canada 1998 dragging hill down the straight and both of them weaving, that was amazing.

The killer instinct Ms does have, conflicts with jv in jerez, dc in belgium, hill in australia, that show the killer in him. Why? Because this guy will do absolutly anything to win, whereas some drivers wont. Given the opportunity I think DC would be in the same shoes. JPM on the other hand, has always lacked that, he got a really bad wrap in f1, too much pressure was placed on his shoulders to beat MS and indeed I think its gotten to him, otherwise he would have the killer instinct.

One more thing about MS, I think its been so easy for him for so long that he may have forgotten how to race in the mid grid, he seems to be driving very unmotivated at the moment. Like Hakkinen in 2001

Fisi, Alonso, Kimi, are all great drivers, no doubt future world championships will be between alonso and kimi, what I think will happen when MS leaves, is a return to the close racing of the 80s, and early 90s where we'll have multiple different champions, and some classic races.

JV, heck, lets face it he should have run away in 1997 and yet he managed to foul up everywhere, monaco, belgium, japan, come to mind immediatly in 1997. He has never been the talent everyone gave him credit of being, and I think that JPM may follow along the same career path. I just hope people start realising, Fisi, hiedfeld, maybe even a more mature mazza, should all get some capible drives ahead of jv, jpm, heck even webber, with all the praise over him, I dont really think he has turned out to be all that impressive. But who knows!

Klien is definantly the surprise of the year for myself, hes been up to speed with DC, and the way DC is driving, its a pitty he wasnt this happy with Mclaren. He seems to be rejuvinated, maybe the change of scenery and a beard have aided this transformation!
Re: best drivers
Date: March 25, 2005 10:17PM
Posted by: The Lopper
^

Excellent analysis, i think. Methinks DC is like Frentzen, who bombed at Williams, but blossomed at Jordan. Coulthard probably has been a good driver all these years, but needed to get some breathing space from brilliant team-mates. What was DCs best year? Early 2000? 2001? In both cases, Mika Hakkinen was performing badly, and DC was driving the best races of his career. I think he needs to be fell he is better than his team-mate to be his best.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy