Unluckiest....

Posted by saubermachen 
Re: Unluckiest....
Date: April 23, 2003 08:07AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
Piquet hit the Tamburello wall in '87, and Patrese did it, testing there in '91.

Herbert has to be the most unlucky F1 driver. He once joked to the then pitlane reporter, Johnathan Palmer after once again retireing: "Hello John. As you can see, I've made my regular apointment". Lol.

Berger (in his McLaren days) also had the lions share of the unreliability, Pit stop fcuk-ups, etc...

Post Edited (04-23-03 15:23)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: April 23, 2003 08:15AM
Posted by: X_Acto
"I said Badoer because he did win F3000 easily and obviously has the talent, and he has always beaten his teammates in whatever team he was in."

I think that's wrong because in 1996 is teammate was Pedro Lamy and Badoer don't beat him so often...

Lamy was 2nd in F3000 in 1993 (The champion was Olivier Panis!!!!!!!!!)
Date: April 23, 2003 09:26AM
Posted by: Mr. Lee
Alex wrote:

Stirling Moss wasn't really unlucky (apart from his Goodwood crash). He gave up an easy chance to win the championship, totally by choice. A gentleman's gesture, but he must have thought twice!

If you're talking about the 1956 gesture at Monza, it was in fact Peter Collins, who gave up his car and with it the title chance to Juan Fangio.
Date: April 23, 2003 10:14AM
Posted by: thestarfishpond
"I think that's wrong because in 1996 is teammate was Pedro Lamy and Badoer don't beat him so often..."

No, Lamy was at Minardi, Badoer was in the Forti team which went bust. His team-mate was Andrea Montermini. Badoer was only outqualified once by Montermini but both failed to qualify 'cos of 107% rule a lot.
Date: April 23, 2003 10:29AM
Posted by: X_Acto
Yes, you're right!

It was in 1995 that Lamy and Badoer were teammates. Sorry!

Pedro Lamy beat Badoer often (in 1995)...
Date: April 23, 2003 12:28PM
Posted by: Rubidius
My unluckiest driver of all time would be 1970 world champion Jochen Rindt. He died at Monza, and then won the world championship posthumously a few weeks later when Jackie Ickx failed to beat his points score in the remaining races of the season. It must be the cruellest thing to happen to a driver, to die not knowing that he would be champion by the end of the season.

--Rubi

Date: April 23, 2003 03:27PM
Posted by: daveb
but he wouldn't no it - he's dead

Date: April 23, 2003 03:50PM
Posted by: Rubidius
That's precisely the point. ;)

--Rubi

Date: April 23, 2003 03:51PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: April 24, 2003 02:28AM
Posted by: marcl
Alberoreto also crashed at the tamborelo away with it. I still think piquet abd bergers crash at that corner was far worst than senna's.

But you make your own luck now the luckest driver is MS, but luck soon runs out and maybe this year it has.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy