COULTHARD SIGNS FOR RED BULL

Posted by Red Sam 
COULTHARD SIGNS FOR RED BULL
Date: December 17, 2004 08:58PM
Posted by: Red Sam
from BBC Sport:

David Coulthard has signed a one-year deal to drive for Red Bull Racing in 2005, according to a team spokeswoman.

The Scot lost his seat at McLaren to Juan Pablo Montoya at the end of last season, but impressed his new bosses in testing in Spain last week.

Coulthard, 33, has won 13 races in his 11 years in Formula One.

Red Bull, the Austrian drinks maker who took over Jaguar in November, will decide who to name as their second driver in January.

"After speaking to team owner Dietrich Mateschitz I was impressed by Red Bull Racing's plans for the future. This is definitely an exciting new team," Coulthard told Austrian news agency APA.

Coulthard visited the team's Milton Keynes factory on Monday for a technical debrief with engineers.

And his chances of extending his F1 career were boosted when Red Bull managing director David Pitchforth said the Scot had "all the experience and ability to take the team forward".

"Having an experienced driver is a no-brainer," Pitchforth added.

Coulthard is second only to Michael Schumacher among active drivers in terms of race victories, but his last win was the opening race of the 2003 season in Melbourne.

His best finish last season was fourth at Hockenheim in Germany.

Vitantonio Liuzzi and Christian Klien are the other drivers in the frame for a Red Bull seat.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Re: COULTHARD SIGNS FOR RED BULL
Date: December 17, 2004 09:00PM
Posted by: b-tone
good news. but a bit of a blow for klein maybe, as he would have thoght he was first in line and now dc leap frogged him. perhaps him and luizi will share.
whats the friday driver rule? is it 6 gp's in the last 2 years? so can luizi be taken as friday and race driver?

____
Tony

Date: December 17, 2004 09:22PM
Posted by: Mack
Great news! Thanks for letting us know :)
Date: December 17, 2004 09:54PM
Posted by: fisico04
i think this is great news and now coulthard is a number 1 driver, who knows what he can do. i wouldnt rule out a podium finish next season. which step is anyones guess.....
Date: December 17, 2004 09:55PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Apparently the idea of Klein and Luizzi sharing a seat was rubbished by the team, it'll be interesting to see who gets the drive then.
Date: December 17, 2004 11:42PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I think Klien should get the second seat.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: December 18, 2004 12:42AM
Posted by: LS.
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> from BBC Sport:
>
> "After speaking to team owner Dietrich Mateschitz
> I was impressed by Red Bull Racing's plans for the
> future. This is definitely an exciting new team,"
> Coulthard told Austrian news agency APA.

*translation* dont expect me to do anything but run midfield hopefully, if the cars even that good :p

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: December 18, 2004 07:46AM
Posted by: b-tone
> "After speaking to team owner Dietrich Mateschitz
> I was impressed by Red Bull Racing's plans for the
> future. This is definitely an exciting new team,"
> Coulthard told Austrian news agency APA.

*translation* next year is my year ;)

____
Tony

Date: December 18, 2004 08:01AM
Posted by: Priddo
there is no god......
Date: December 18, 2004 02:38PM
Posted by: Sn0wm4n
DC will finally have full support in a team! I think he never had that! And he will destroy his teamates worse than Webber did!
Date: December 18, 2004 04:43PM
Posted by: Rubidius
If your team-mate is Xtian Klien, that's not such a hard job ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2004 04:43PM by Rubidius.
Date: December 18, 2004 04:49PM
Posted by: vesuvius
DC has always had the same support than his team mates and I don't think Red bull will have number 1 driver like Ferrari does.
Date: December 18, 2004 11:57PM
Posted by: Sn0wm4n
I don't really think DC had the same support as Damon @ Williams and/or Mika @ McLaren :).
Date: December 19, 2004 08:32PM
Posted by: dolinseks
Thats because, he was slower than Mika, and also than Kimi.

Date: December 19, 2004 08:58PM
Posted by: Red Sam
hes on performance related pay, apparently...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: December 19, 2004 10:48PM
Posted by: W@llierossi
Well at least we will have him nagging a bit further back on the grid. Can't be buggered with DC... he is a nice guy, nothing special, nor as a driver. personallt i would have prefered some fresh blood, but it's clear they need experience. so it's a year off for DC before joining bahrein f1 team.
Date: December 19, 2004 11:19PM
Posted by: andrew_S
dolinseks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats because, he was slower than Mika, and also
> than Kimi.
>
>

I dont think that was the case, even though it may well have been, doesnt make much sence, but we all know what ron felt for mika, and later kimi, the thing is, you would always see neway and ron on the other side of the garage, its not like ferrari no, but he wasnt given an equil shot, very often, i think jerez 97 summed that up tbh.

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: December 20, 2004 02:39PM
Posted by: marcl
Dc was the golden child at mclaren in 1997, he won a number of races and led races jerez 1997 where he was asked to move over affected him more than it should have.

Mika was also unlucky in 1997 he should have won a number of times but the car let him down.

Mika carried the speed into 1998 DC did not, Mika then carried the speed into 1999 DC nearly cost him the world championship with stupid moves and Asutria for example.

I am please DC got a drive next year and am sure he will do a better jon than webber done there. He will probably be the number 1 driver so he should be happy that all the attention is on him. If the car needs to be driven hard though forget it DC will be no where.
Date: December 20, 2004 03:41PM
Posted by: LS.

David Coulthard believes that Red Bull

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2004 03:41PM by LS..
Date: December 20, 2004 05:57PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Didnt DH say something similar when he signed for Arrows in 97 :P Although that did live upto it in Hungray to be fair that year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy