Valentino Rossi

Posted by bestobritish 
Re: Valentino Rossi
Date: November 03, 2004 06:36PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
And? Brundle didnt cover himself in glory in his attempt at Rally GB, but he was a better F1 driver than he ever got to display

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 03, 2004 06:54PM
Posted by: bestobritish
but rallying is a million miles away from circuit racing, imo very much more difficult. MS wont try rallying cos he says its too dangerous!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: November 03, 2004 07:43PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
i wouldnt say either were more difficult, lets face it in whichever you go you face the best people in the world at it so its not truwe to say one is easier than the other...

...while it can be said that in rallying it pays more often than in f1 to be the cautious driver (cf burns)
Date: November 04, 2004 09:41AM
Posted by: Stan
andrew_S Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what people forget is his attempt at the rac (or
> now, more comonly known as rally gb) in 03 (or was
> it 02 i dont remember) needless to say, he retired
> after a big accident on one of the first few
he crashed cos he was pushing to win and not just a simple apearance like most guest drivers do
he whanted to win the rally

Date: November 04, 2004 07:54PM
Posted by: Red Sam
btw is there any news on how Richard Burns is getting on?

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: November 04, 2004 09:07PM
Posted by: bestobritish
this is from his website dated april 2004.

RICHARD BURNS UPDATE
In November 2003, Richard Burns was diagnosed as having an Astrocytoma - a form of brain tumour. Richard has since been undergoing treatment in hospital and has made some progress.

Robert Reid has been spending time with Richard and comments: "I know Richard wants to thank his friends and fans for their continued support; he has received so many good wishes - it's really been amazing. At the moment Richard's channelling all his efforts into getting through the treatment which is obviously proving both physically and mentally challenging. However he remains positive and is in a really good frame of mind."

Richard would like to thank everyone for their ongoing respect for his and his family's privacy.

since then on speed sunday Reid said he was still doing well, thats all ive heard so far. he was my favourite driver before it happened.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: November 04, 2004 09:22PM
Posted by: andrew_S
it all seems such a long time ago :(

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: November 05, 2004 08:44AM
Posted by: Guimengo
(relating straight to topic)
I would love to see Valentino driving in F1, after months of testing of course, so he would be about ready.

Then, we could see if there would be any chance of him being compared to John Surtees.
Date: November 06, 2004 01:47PM
Posted by: Race_Monkey

proof that michael schumacher never gets out of his overalls, even for social occasions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2004 01:47PM by Race_Monkey.
Date: November 06, 2004 04:18PM
Posted by: Pooky
not sure it was social.

looks like valentino was there to test the f-2004
Date: November 07, 2004 06:01AM
Posted by: Guimengo
He already has the right attitude. Check his face, shades, laid back style, and hands inside pockets ;)
Date: November 07, 2004 06:54AM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
he looks like my younger brother in that pic

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: November 07, 2004 07:07AM
Posted by: Covfan
Jean Todt is just explaining to them how nice it is not to wear the same Ferrari Jumper all the time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy