Hakkinen back to Mercedes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Pooky 

Hakkinen back at Mercedes
Sat 06 Nov, 1:15 PM

STUTTGART, Germany (AFP) - Finland's two-time Formula One champion Mika Hakkinen ended his three year exile from motor sport, agreeing to drive for the Mercedes team in the 2005 German Touring Car Championship.

The 36-year-old Finn was Formula One world champion in 1998 and 1999 with McLaren-Mercedes before retiring at the end of the 2001 season to spend more time with his son Hugo.

"I have close ties to Mercedes and look forward to taking part in the Touring Car Championship next year," explained Hakkinen. "My target is obviously to win it."

BMW Williams were said to be keen on bringing Hakkinen back into the Formula One but the Finn has opted for a new challenge in touring cars.

that sux - f1 needs mika

'And theres the barrichello wobble'- Martin Brundle
Foo Fighters 10th Anniversary - 17/10/04
apparently mcnish might be going to dtm as well

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Mcnish tested a audi for Autosport :)

im glad for mika :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
I think Mika made right decision. I hope that he will do good on DTM.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
F1 doesnt need mika, we have his carbon copy: Kimi!

great for mika, he could do very well in DTM, and perhaps less well if he returned to F1

I dont know how well he will do, we will have to wait and see, to be honnest, history goes against drivers making comebacks and being succesfull

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
except a certain messirs Lauda and Prost

This makes DTM next season even more wonderful, now, all we need is DC to join him in a team...
I don't think that DC would want to join a team if he isn't allowed to win

He is allowed to win, but he isnt good enough.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy