Montoya who?

Posted by CDN_Merlin 
Re: Montoya who?
Date: May 28, 2002 01:46PM
Posted by: matthewp
Alex, I didn't say it was shumachers fault, Alex Wurz did surely he knows what he's talking about?
France 2000 was a less severe example but the fact remains that Schumacher did force DC wide like in Austria but DC was able to get on the breaks to avoid running off the circuit
Date: May 28, 2002 02:38PM
Posted by: Ellis
"did we not forget the cheap move JPM did on MS in Austria where he pushed him off the road?"

LOL!!!! @ Merlin!!! This comes form a Shcumacher fan, moaning bout people pushing MS off!! LOL!!!

""Coulthard syndrome - 2 or 3 excellent performances a year, but that's it"

this year you cant say that, the car isnt good by McLarens standards, unfortunatly, but in 97 it wasnt great and he got two wins, and McLaren were well up there in Austria and Nurburgring too.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 28, 2002 03:54PM
Posted by: chris
In 97 it was a good car, I think better than the ferrari. By the last few races they were really pushing williams.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 29, 2002 01:04AM
The balance for the 97 car was terrible!! They had understeer on turn in and oversteer on exit, it was a nightmare to drive, they only done well in a few races

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 29, 2002 01:26AM
Zcott said

" Ralf got an easy third, but couldn't match Michael or David. Or even Juan"

so if JPM had a bad day, then you HAVE to moan at Ralf for being even slower then dont you? I mean, your moaning at JPM for being "slow" but really he was faster than his team-mate? So why you not having a big go at Ralf?

Or are you only having a go at JPM cos hes as close to MS as anyone is atm? JPMs consistanly faster than Ralf, and hes a bigger threat to MS?

In 97, I also remember Ralf making a really stupid mistake and spinnig off before the parade lap at Belgium, and having a 1 and a 1/2 mle run back to the pits. (yeah yeah DC has done this, he was stupid to)

He also caused a 180mph crash at Monza when trying to pass Herbert. He was bout 1/2 to 3/4 was past herbert, but turned over to Herberts part of the race track, touched wheels and herbert went ff in a huge accident.

Of course ralf, denied it was his fauly, god knows how since he pushed herbert onto the grass before the breaking zone

He got into F1 cos his surnames Schumacher, but since gettin there hes prooved he can be in F1, but i dont think it should be right at the top. Theres many better drivers behind him that deserve better.

Date: May 29, 2002 01:33AM
"Firstly, Schumi was no where near running wide, and secondly, Coulthard was nowhere near running off the road. "

true, neither of them were near runing off of the road but when DC got on the putside of MS, MS turned into DC, for whatever reason, doesnt sound like something MS would do does it? Watch the F1 2000 review of the season, you see it there.

"As for Brazil and Austria last year, did we not forget the cheap move JPM did on MS in Austria where he pushed him off the road?"

you really think he ment to take him and MS off the road? He struggled underbreaking, and ran wide, unfortunatly for MS, he was on the outside. I didnt hear MS bitching and moaning bout it, maybe he knows it was just a racing accident too?

I mean, what was to gain from doing that? Nothing, he was gona go off if he ran wide, and lose places. This wasnt delibrate, like Jerez 97, where MS had everything to gain (the championship). Jody Sheckter said "I cant understand how Jaques got so close all of a sudden..........etc....etc....etc.........but if it was his [MS] problem, then maybe its justice in a way, you know, as sad as it is".

exactly jody.....exactly.....

"I'd prefer to listen to an experienced F1 driver rather than someone who makes stupid arguements and is unable to back them up with any sensible reasons"

I agree dude, but unfortunatly theres alot of the arguments for MS seem to turn into "Hes god, you know it, shut up, you cant argue back" after awhile, which is ashame really.

Date: May 29, 2002 01:51AM
Posted by: _Alex_
what is laughable is that MS got beat fair and square today and all you can come up with is hypothetical theorys towards a MS victory

I just want to make a point here. LS, when Schumacher won the opening few races of the year, all you could do was come up with hypothetical theories to why Schumacher shouldn't have won. Now I'm not in anyway trying to suggest that Schumacher deserved the victory more than Coulthard, but it's just interesting how you point out that your own methods of arguing are laughable.

I'd prefer to listen to an experienced F1 driver rather than someone who makes stupid arguements and is unable to back them up with any sensible reasons

->

I agree dude

Then why don't you listen to Brundle when he talks about Schumacher? There's no "oh, he's a cheat" and "oh, he only wins because of his team"...etc. Brundle clearly knows what he's talking about - the guy is psychic for goodness sake - look at how he was able to predict what was going to happen between Massa and Bernoldi. That was funny.

The balance for the 97 car was terrible!! They had understeer on turn in and oversteer on exit, it was a nightmare to drive, they only done well in a few races

But of course, while McLaren's lack of pace can be blamed on a bad car in 97, Ferrari's lack of pace in 96 cannot. And it wasn't Schumacher's brilliance that earned the team three wins that year. If that 1997 McLaren was terrible, then God knows what the 1996 Ferrari was.

And Chris is right, the Ferrari in 1997 was to a lesser extent a poor car, compared to the other top teams. Again, it was Schumacher who made the difference. I don't understand how people can't appreciate that. There's no other explanation. Oh, except Ross Brawn remotely driving the car from the pit wall...

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 29, 2002 02:04AM
"Then why don't you listen to Brundle when he talks about Schumacher"

lets read exactly what we wrote shall we?

"I'd prefer to listen to an experienced F1 driver rather than someone who makes stupid arguements and is unable to back them up with any sensible reasons"

as far as i can see there is no stupid arguments to go against, and sine there is no stupid arguments on this topic of MS being great or whatever, certainly not from you Alex.

So since all the rules are not ebing applied, i cant say we have to listen to Brundle, since there are no stupid arguments to listen to him over.

"But of course, while McLaren's lack of pace can be blamed on a bad car in 97, Ferrari's lack of pace in 96 cannot. And it wasn't Schumacher's brilliance that earned the team three wins that year. If that 1997 McLaren was terrible, then God knows what the 1996 Ferrari was."

well the McLaren was only good on come occasions is what im sayig. When the car was good, it was very good (Aussie and Monza),

nobody is saying that the 96 ferrari wasnt bad, it was 'bad' by top team standards but not as far as most of the grid was concerned. MS did do good things with that car, but its not as bad as MS fans like to think, considering Irvine put in on P3 in Aussie.

The Mclaren wasnt great, but every-so-often it worked well.

Date: May 30, 2002 04:06PM
Posted by: pikflo_MHrulz
merlin you need a slap. the hype is that someone is again beating ms in a fair fight and is giving ms a hard time at least jpm dosnt take people out to win wdc. ms is class but hes not unbeatable. how come every time ms dont win all the ferri fans put it down to the car or other drivers.he makes mistakes and is not a god.thats senna.
Date: May 30, 2002 10:27PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Senna is a god? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @#$%& HAHAHAHAHA.. Senna is @#$%& DEAD get over it.

JPM is a great driver but he's no where near the caliber that MS is. Not yet anyways.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: May 31, 2002 12:32AM
"JPM is a great driver"

you weren't saying that earlier, and as for your comment about Senna, have some Respect
Date: May 31, 2002 12:33AM
Senna will always the greatest MS doesn't come close
Date: May 31, 2002 01:55AM
Posted by: pikflo_MHrulz
senna could win the wdc on his own he dosnt need his teamates help.
Date: May 31, 2002 03:24AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

I read thru this post just now down to halfway, and then skimmed the rest cos I really wanna say something to CDN Merlin.

I'd like to quote Punchy

wanker

Date: May 31, 2002 08:13AM
at least jpm dosnt take people out to win wdc

Let's wait and see about that shall we? Firstly, he's not been in a championship winning position yet, so that's an utterly stupid thing to say. Secondly, he did it in F3000 so there is no reason why he shouldn't do it in F1.

how come every time ms dont win all the ferri fans put it down to the car or other drivers

I don't know about any other MS fans, but I don't do that.

he makes mistakes and is not a god.thats senna.

You don't think about what you are about to say before you say it do you? Do you think Senna never made mistakes? I really don't know where or how you guys manage to distinguish Senna's from Schumacher's style. They're both geniuses and so alike in so many ways.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 31, 2002 09:46AM
Posted by: chris
"Senna is @#$%& DEAD get over it."

I think I'll quote Punchy here too. Wanker. Why do you feel the need to say that? Is it because your Godlike MS may not ACTUALLY be the best?

And your arguement changes! At least get some concistancy!

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 31, 2002 01:19PM
Posted by: Zcott
Senna and Schumacher are both great racing drivers, and could win in almost anything. The problem is, they both felt the need to knock other drivers off the track to win. Senna did it mostly obviously to Prost in '89 and then '90 (hope I've gotten my years right) and Schumacher has tried it on Hill and Villeneuve. Mind you, these two aren't the only guys to knock other drivers off the track!

Having said that, Michael does bend the rules a bit more than Senna does, regarding technical regs.

Also. CDN_Merlin, please show some respect to Ayrton. Yes, he's dead, but there's no point in saying "Senna is @#$%& dead!".
Date: May 31, 2002 01:25PM
"Senna is @#$%& DEAD get over it"

Merlin you complete tosser. What kind of losse has too come out with pointless disresepectfull @!#$ like that?

You just in the huff cos Senna was ebtter than MS will ever be?

Date: June 01, 2002 02:59AM
Having said that, Michael does bend the rules a bit more than Senna does, regarding technical regs

That's part of his genius. He bends the rules without breaking them.

Merlin you complete tosser. What kind of losse has too come out with pointless disresepectfull @!#$ like that?

->

You just in the huff cos Senna was ebtter than MS will ever be?

What Merlin said was totally out of order, but just drop it now. That's not going to help anything.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: June 01, 2002 05:38AM
Posted by: Zcott
But he bends the rules right to breaking point. The whole thing about Benetton running illegal traction control in '94, the dangerous starts thing, the, not to mention his complete lack of sportsmanship towards other drivers and team mates. I think all racing drivers are guilty of the last one at some point, but some are worse than others.

Damon Hill said to Michael in '94 the following: "Michael, you know you're the best. Why do you have to cheat to win?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy