Montoya who?

Posted by CDN_Merlin 
Re: Montoya who?
Date: May 27, 2002 02:26PM
Posted by: LS.
i would love to see Monty in a ferrari against MS and then there will be fireworks.

unfortuantly it would never happen

can you imagine MS allowing a driver to be his team mate who would actually race against him?

MS needs to have everything his way to be successful, unlike senna & prost did in 88 & 89

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 27, 2002 02:39PM
Posted by: Mark
zanardi,in both his f1 stints was terrible,i wondered how long it would take for the oh ralfs only there because of his name,well 4 wins proves he should be there.
ms first full season was 92 with benetton.thank you for correcting me,ms retired from his first gp because of driver error,fair enough.

i don't doubt jpm is a good driver,but there has been too much hype because of that move in brazil last season,i'm sure ms is quite happy after monaco,he's extended his lead. i think too many people are going overboard on how much team orders have played in ms's wins.it is only a very few,how often has his team mate led to be able to hand over.
Date: May 27, 2002 02:47PM
Posted by: Ellis
"People tend to get such a disliking toward Montoya just because he is the only one who has the balls and is giving MS a run"

nah mate, JV? DC? MH? They all gave impressive showings against MS, theres more than one driver can challaneg (and beat) MS.

"i wondered how long it would take for the oh ralfs only there because of his name"

actaully thats been said many times, mainly from me and LS. So do you not read the posts?

"ms retired from his first gp because of driver error,fair enough."

well if the clutch was his fault then cant really blame him, 1st GP, rookie mistake.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 27, 2002 03:00PM
damon hill has said that it was easier to move up the racing ladder coz of his surname

christian fittipaldi got into racing coz of his name, so did michael andretti

theres no doubt these people got on better than other people because of their surnames

why should ralf be any different?

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 27, 2002 03:18PM
Posted by: _Alex_
JPM is better, like people have said, Ralf is only there cos his surname is Schumacher

Are you joking? Ralf is light years more consistant, and it's a just a ludicrous thing to say that he's only there because of his name. If JPM was so much better than Ralf, then Ralf would not have the 4 wins to JPM's 1 that he has today. On a good day, Ralf's pace can be no less than stunning - so can JPM's pace, but it doesn't happen anywhere near as often. Equal on points at this stage in the championship, so we'll have to see who turns out to be the best all-round driver this year at Williams.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 27, 2002 03:52PM
yeah and then we go back to how many years has ralf been in F1 compared to JPM

we saw ralf invloved in many accidents during his learning process, JPM won a race in his first year of F1

how can you over look this?

surely this goes some way to vindicating that JPM is a good driver

MS fans only seem to slag off JPM because they can see what a threat he will become once the williams is on par with ferrari more often

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 27, 2002 05:09PM
Posted by: Beardless2
DC drove a very good race even with those tyres which seemed to go off. I believe he was capable of driving faster but he used his head and stayed away from the barriers. JPM drove well and MS did well to be fair as i do not believe his car was fastest.

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: May 27, 2002 07:55PM
Posted by: Zcott
Ralf is light years more consistant (than JPM), and it's a just a ludicrous thing to say that he's only there because of his name.

Well, it's only now that Ralf is equal on points with JPM. Certainly in the first few races of the season it's been Juan who has been bringing in more of the points, even if Ralf did win in Malaysia.

Ralf would get to F1 even if it wasn't for Michael, he's a good driver in his own right. But I don't think he'd be looked at in the same way if it wasn't for Michael.
Date: May 27, 2002 08:04PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
"we saw ralf invloved in many accidents during his learning process, JPM won a race in his first year of F1"

He only won cause Ruebens had a pit problem. RB was way ahead of JOM then and don't tell me JPM drove great.

How many DNF's did JPM have last year? Took him how many races to realize he wasn't gonna catch MS and had to stop pushing the car to limit's it couldn't handle. Yet I'm always told that JPM is the best thing in F1 right now? If he is, where is his points? His knowledge of his car?

JPM is a rookie and I doubt he will outgrow that cause he's to hot headed. This is the problem with JPM, immaturity.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: May 28, 2002 12:27AM
Posted by: chris
The 2001 williams was very unreliable. Can't blame all those DNFs on him.

Ralf didnt have the luxury of driving for one of the top teams early on. Jordan then Williams in 99. So he couldnt really notch up many victories.

"JPM is a rookie and I doubt he will outgrow that cause he's to hot headed. This is the problem with JPM, immaturity."

No, that WAS the problem. In fact no, inexperience, not immaturity.

Chris J

'I reserve the right to contradict myself' - Richey Edwards, 1994.

Date: May 28, 2002 01:23AM
Merlin, WTF

"Took him how many races to realize he wasn't gonna catch MS and had to stop pushing the car to limit's it couldn't handle"

eh? HE PASSED HIM IN BRAZIL!!! He didnt have to realise he was gona catch him, he did catch him and he did pass him. He was miles ahead in that race until Verstappen took him out.

"we saw ralf invloved in many accidents during his learning process,"

yah, in 97 in Aregntina he took out Fisichella his team-mate, then later that year in Nurburgring he took out is team mate Fisichella and his brother Micheal at Turn 1

Those are the two that srping to mind

"If he is, where is his points?" Jeeze, can you not do the research and work it out? Fine, i'll do it

Well in Australia (after passin your-so-so-great MS) he finished seond, which is expected since the Ferrari was better

In Sepang, we all know what happened at Turn1, we wont discuss that again in here

Brazil - the Wng which williams attached with gum fell off at the slightest touch. We have seen cars hit harder than that and front wings survive (Pacific GP - 95)

Imola - wasnt as fast as his team-mate, no1 coud match the 2002 Ferrari, finished only behind the new Ferrari and his team-mate

Austria - JPM 3rd, behind the all conquering Ferraris after RS was aster but JPM made a better deal of the pit stop laps.

Monaco - running second till his engine began to give up

(i missed spain cos cant find a race report and i didnt see that race)

doesnt look that bad Merlin? You should have known that before you asked tho shouldnt you?

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 28, 2002 01:31AM
"what is laughable is that MS got beat fair and square today and all you can come up with is hypothetical theorys towards a MS victory"

exactly LS!

Alex said

"Then it was Coulthard's turn, and he with stood the pressure that Schumi applied fantastically well, and thoroughly deserved a great victory"

see Merlin, Alex admits that DC deserved a victory (and i would admit when MS deserves a victory - Nurburgring 95 was good one).

Merlin, your just critisizing JPM just cos hes MS rival, your just doing it for the shear hell of it. Give it a break, its not working, you say "wheres the points", well when you look at the facts, its not really that bad is it? Your trying to make him sound worse than it seems.

Date: May 28, 2002 05:03AM
Posted by: genesis
qwerty, you said that you cant blame JPM because the 2001 Williams was so unreliable. What? Monaco? Canada? Sepang? He was stupid in all of those races. Okay so he had some retirements through failures but the fact is he should have picked up points in the above three races.
Date: May 28, 2002 07:55AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
I know all about the points that JPM got this year. I also totallyt agree that DC deserved to win. All I'm saying is if MS would of been able to pass JPM before pitting I'm sure he would of passed DC while he pitted.

I'm not trying to put MS on a pedastal, I'm just remembering a bunch of convresation where people would say JPM is better than MS when he truely isn't.

As for Brazil and Austria last year, did we not forget the cheap move JPM did on MS in Austria where he pushed him off the road?

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: May 28, 2002 08:28AM
as far as i can recall, no one has said that JPM is better than MS

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 28, 2002 09:39AM
JPM is a racer. That mean's he goes for gaps, chances to overtake. That's what we saw in Austria 2001, a guy seeing a gap and trying to take it. So it didnt work, at least he tried, no damage done. MS is a calculating, robot of a man. You can see it whenever he speaks. eg he was given a sportsmanship prize last weekend, he said something along the lines of "There are no words that can describe in detail how I feel".

Its got to be good to have a few real racers in f1, surely.

Chris J

Date: May 28, 2002 09:47AM
Posted by: matthewp
I was about to say that, they're both excellent drivers and I wouldn't like to say who's better. and as for Austria '01, first of all MS does exactly the same, remember against DC in France 2000, he got DC on the outside of him and run wide himself forcing him off the road, Austria was the same situation other than JPM locked the brakes and run too far wide, many people including Alex Wurz when interviewed on ITV said that although JPM was on the brakes too late it was more Schumachers fault and he didn't know what all the fuss was about. personally I'd prefer to listen to an experienced F1 driver rather than someone who makes stupid arguements and is unable to back them up with any sensible reasons
Date: May 28, 2002 11:58AM
Posted by: _Alex_
although JPM was on the brakes too late it was more Schumachers fault

How could that possibly be Michael's fault? Imagine if Schumacher wasn't along side, how stupid would JPM have looked? I know Montoya is a bloody good driver, and very quick, but we've yet to see him prove himself as a fine overall package. If he's not careful he might end up with Coulthard syndrome - 2 or 3 excellent performances a year, but that's it.

MS does exactly the same, remember against DC in France 2000, he got DC on the outside of him and run wide himself forcing him off the road

Firstly, Schumi was no where near running wide, and secondly, Coulthard was nowhere near running off the road.

Its got to be good to have a few real racers in f1, surely.

It is, but not when they're getting too big for their boots. Alright, to be fair, we haven't seen JPM do anything silly for a while, but then again, he's not done anything utterly remarkable.

MS fans only seem to slag off JPM because they can see what a threat he will become once the williams is on par with ferrari more often

This is the sort of thing that is aggravating. It's patronising - do you really think Senna was afraid of Schumacher in those few races they were fighting together? In early 1994, Michael was so much more of a threat to Senna than Montoya now is to Michael.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 28, 2002 12:15PM
This is the sort of thing that is aggravating. It's patronising - do you really think Senna was afraid of Schumacher in those few races they were fighting together? In early 1994, Michael was so much more of a threat to Senna than Montoya now is to Michael.

see what i mean? LOL!!!!

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 28, 2002 12:21PM
"Coulthard syndrome - 2 or 3 excellent performances a year, but that's it"

LOL Alex!! Its funny cos its true

Chris J

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy