montoya who???????

Posted by Zaahir 
Re: montoya who???????
Date: May 01, 2002 08:41AM
Posted by: chris
LOL Alex!

Can't believe you just called JPM incompetent! what a joker.

Does it make any difference who he's trying to pass? Ok so MS has experience, but that don't mean sh1t if he's going to block like a rookie.
MS hates being overtaken, that's quite clear. He hates being challenged for supremacy, which is why he doesnt think f1 is boring at the moment.
I have to agree with Ellis here, double standards.

"Everyone has the right to be angry" but they can't allow themselves to how it to the degree he did, theyre in the public eye.

But I do agree with you Alex about JV. He is capable of driving faster, but without motivation, he can't. Sadly I can't see him ever going to another team, a good one I mean.

Chris J
Date: May 02, 2002 12:11AM
Posted by: Zaahir
of course he's incompetent!!!!!!!! he's even more than that! everyone has this idea about him that he's a rookie and doing well for what a rookie should be doing. BALLS! he's been racing since he was 5 yrs old, ppl! don't tell me F1 is a different story, because racing is racing.

and lostprophet: which driver thinks: "ooh, i'm about to pass him now, maybe i should do it like RB or JV did it when they went around him." each overtaking manoevre has its own circumstances, and each driver has a different way of approaching it.

and y do u say schumi hates to be passed or challenged? wat crap! its part of racing, and he's been challenged (and beaten) throughout his career. y would he suddenly hate it? its part of driving and circumstances could end up the other way round in a matter of seconds.

shame, poor jacques. i really dont see him moving to a good team. theres just no more place with all the 'young guns' coming in. he's on his way out, i'm afraid. the driver to look out for, though, is fernando alonso (now renault test driver). with renault getting stronger every race, next year should be a huge jump for them. and with alonso hanging around in the background, the possibilities for success are HUGE. alonso is the man! :)
Date: May 02, 2002 02:06AM
Posted by: tost
monty is only man in f1 who in the same car can win the championship over shumy... i'm not a anti-shumi fan, but i was watching monty for past 4-5 years and i can tell you one thing he has the brain, the balls... everithing you need to win the champinoship... he won in Indy (brain), he can overtake shumy (balls). he is arogant, but what champ isn't - don't tell me that shumy isn't. he has the speed.
but he has one problem... 2003. the year of the Button (or if you like the Button-craises year). Button must com to Williams but whare?????

Senna the Man... the King... the God!
Date: May 02, 2002 01:23PM
Posted by: _Alex_
but he has one problem... 2003... Button

I agree. That guy is faster than Montoya. However, I'd love to see Button in a Ferrari when Schumi's calls it a day, that would be utterly fantastic.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 02, 2002 03:48PM
Posted by: Zcott
Zaahir said : "he's a rookie and doing well for what a rookie should be doing. BALLS! he's been racing since he was 5 yrs old, ppl! don't tell me F1 is a different story, because racing is racing."

That implies that no one in F1 is a rookie. My definition of a rookie is someone who is new to the series.

JPM is not a rookie to F1 in general (he was Williams tester for a few years before going to America), but he's a rookie to F1 racing, 21st century style. Grooved tyres are new to him. He had never driven an F1 race before Melbourne last year.

Of course he's not a rookie anymore, but he was, last year.

Also:

"and y do u say schumi hates to be passed or challenged? wat crap! its part of racing, and he's been challenged (and beaten) throughout his career. y would he suddenly hate it? its part of driving and circumstances could end up the other way round in a matter of seconds."

Of course he hates to be passed. Being passed is another car being quicker than you, another car being quicker than you is you not being fast enough. And it's the first step to failure. Fear of failure is what motivates a lot of these guys to win. Especially Michael. I'm sure he does like to be challenged, because he is a racing driver, but at the end of the day, he'll want to come out the winner of every challenge.
Date: May 02, 2002 05:47PM
Posted by: LS.
until we can see the williams back on performance levels with this fantasticly fast 2002 spec ferrari we cannot condemn JPM

if the cars not up to the task then we can hardly make comparisons

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 02, 2002 05:51PM
Button must com to Williams but whare?????

quite easy really, get rid of ralf schumacher, he only got where he is today coz of his brother,

jenson is a real racer and so is JPM,

frank williams and patrick head both love real racing drivers, not the sort of driver that sulks and moans when he does'nt get his own way, and is'nt afraid to have ago at another driver even if he is a blood relation.

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 02, 2002 06:30PM
consider this

ferrari are the richest team in F1 and have been for some considerable years

they have there own test track and have had there own windtunnel long before any other sucessful team

when MS left benneton in 95 and went to ferrari he was'nt going to a team with a bad car, berger had won at hockenheim after taking a break from the loss of his father, and qualifyied on pole, and left everyone for dead in that race, alesi would have aloso won at monza had he not had a clutch failure during his pitstop

MS won afew races in 96 so the car was'nt that bad as the MS fans like to pretend it was

Ferrari got out there cheque book and bought the main guts of benneton that helped MS to 2 world titles ( and lets not pretend that MS won these title on his own, he had the technical brains of Ross Brawn and a very fast pitcrew, which led to the team being known as ferrariton)

with the amount of clout that ferrari had from fiat they could go out and spend as much money as it took to get the job done.

slowly ferrari began to put the pawns in to place and got more competitive over the next few years

MS won a few races that were down to ross brawns technical knowhow over the the other teams ( put him in a mid placed team and given his technical brilliance he would have given them at least one victory) and some down to the track favouring the ferrari's constant expensive development

then the ferrari team orders began to come to the forefront , particularly with irvine givning up his places and holding up other drivers to gift MS with race wins

then came the fruitian of ferrari's spending and labour, the car was faster than the dominant mclarens and mika hakkinen and he won a title in a car that was faster out of the blocks than mclaren (if ross brawn had left and gone to mclaren with his technicval know how we ould have probably seen another mclaren winning.

now we are at the 2002 season where the tyre war has come into play, ferrari with the sole development of bridgestone at there beck and call ( hence the reason the mclaren switched coz of ferrari using underhand tactics to get sole developement of the bridgestones) and michelin using all the teams availble to get data to compete with bridgestone.

ferrari after all this time and huge budget ( to there credit have made the fastest car on the grid) this is attributed to the michelens under performing and underestimating the bridgestone/ferarri equasion. and are subsequently dominating this season

MS's team is now giving him more than a run for his money and is resorting to commendering his team mates car and set up that out performs him ( can you remember senna having ever to resort to these measures?)

so my question is, if MS is that good, why has it taken him so long to be dominant if he is that good?

its been down to the team spending huge amounts, getting a subserviant team mate, and finally getting a whole package together

not souly because of one mans talent

please remember this

this us why we get annoyed at when MS fans try to make out that his success is down to him, when quite clearly if it was he would have been world champ in a car that won at hockenheim, and credit the team that has made it possible to give him a car so fast he has won so many races in 2002

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 03, 2002 12:10AM
Posted by: Zaahir
well then, compare schueys drives to his 'then' teammates.

and zcott: u said that all schumi wants to do is win, and doesnt like losing. errrrrr..... wat driver doesnt like/want to win?
Date: May 03, 2002 03:11AM
well said!!
a master pice!!!

but one thing you forgot to mantion... shuy is blody good driver... but not as good as nubers are saing.

he has brains (i don't think that jv coud done wath ms has done, with or without brown, but in same car thay would be smoke) & balls, but in my opinion he fails in to categories:
1. overtaking - never good at it
2. qualifaing - in the same car hakkinen, jv, jpm ware faster

but...
like prost, he can win with slower car, no fastes lap, ecc.

again i'm not anti-shumi, but don't like that caind of driver.

Date: May 03, 2002 03:11AM
Boba LS:
well said!!
a master pice!!!

but one thing you forgot to mantion... shuy is blody good driver... but not as good as nubers are saing.

he has brains (i don't think that jv coud done wath ms has done, with or without brown, but in same car thay would be smoke) & balls, but in my opinion he fails in to categories:

but...
like prost, he can win with slower car, no fastes lap, ecc.

again i'm not anti-shumi, but don't like that caind of driver.

Date: May 03, 2002 03:39AM
Posted by: Ellis
yo Sup

" he's been racing since he was 5 yrs old, ppl! don't tell me F1 is a different story, because racing is racing."

em, right, so go-karting and F1 are exactly the same? Right, so i can drive a go-kart so im good enough to take on the best? PLEASE SHUT UP!!! If your going to argue then make it good!!!

"an incompetent rookie."

yup, so incompetent that he won over in USA and came to F1 and was stright away near the top? Winning in his first season? Yup, real incompetent that is.

"The hairpin in France is a lot tighter and a lot narrower than the second corner in Austria. "

And? Does that mean you cant pass there? NOBODY thought JV could pass round the outside of the ladt turn at Estoril, mainly cos theres no banking. but he did it!

"I don't think Coulthard would have been able to pass Schumacher there"

em, he did actaully. He didnt pass on the outside but he DID pass MS there, and a bloody good move it was too.

"Everyone has the right to be angry. "

now i agree there Alex, but somone up the top argued that DC was wrong for doing that but he didnt say anything bout the way MS tried to pick a fight with DC in Belgium 98?

DC was doing what he was told, he was told to slow down at let MS pass. So he slowed down and MS ACCIDENTALY hit DC cos of the spray. I dont have a problem with MS marching down the pit lane really, what i have a problem with is the fact that if the teams hadent been there then MS would have hit DC. So DC cant do the fingure but its ok for MS to try and hit someone?

I have said it before and i'll say it again, DOUBLE STANDARDS

"each overtaking manoevre has its own circumstances, and each driver has a different way of approaching it."

THATS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE SOME CONSISTANCY!!!!!!!

Anyone can pass anywhere, just evary passing move is different so dont have a go at DC for trying to pass someone which looks like a hard move!!!!! FFS !!!!!!!!

"monty is only man in f1 who in the same car can win the championship over shumy"

yeah right. Alesi has said that Fisichella is better than MS and i agree. I also tink that if Kimi was in a Ferrari he could kick MS ass any day of the week.

Drivers i think are better or just as good as MS are---

Fisichella
Coulthard
JPM
Trulli (sometimes, he seems to give up to easily)
Kimi
Heidfeld
Massa

All these people i rate just as good as MS if not then better. These drivers have never had the teams focused right around them like MS does and yet they have all shown that they are capable of winning

Who is the ONLY driver currently in F1 never been beaten if final championship positions by his team mate?

Fisichella, and look at the team mates hes had - Raf Schumacher for one, Wurz who was rated highly, Button and now Sato.

"and lets not pretend that MS won these title on his own, he had the technical brains of Ross Brawn and a very fast pitcrew, which led to the team being known as ferrariton)"

The williams crew in 95 were a terrible team for pits!!!! But to there credit they did improve drasticly for 96

"errrrrr..... wat driver doesnt like/want to win?"

All drivers want to win, its just that us ppl who dont like schumi are amazed at the lenghts he'll go to whilst endangering his and other peoples lives unnecessarily and breaking the rules at the same time.

Remember its not just double standards on MS, its on the whole Ferrari team in general

When the Ferraris get DQ from Sepang cos there cars are agaisnt the rules what happens? Well Mika is champ for bout 5 hours until the FIA can make up some excuse to get Ferrari back into it. Well they did, by changing the rules to allow a 5mm tolerence on the cars. In F1 5mm is HUGE, i can make objects with a tolerence smaller than that and these people are on budgets on millions of $$$, why cant they? Oh, they can, its just to allow Ferrari a chance at the title the rules needed to be altrered.

Then winning in the pit lane without taking his stop-go penalty?

Then Sepag 2002 when MS breaks 2 rules in one day, once in the warm-up then again on the intsaltion lap and the FIA says "its not important cos its in the warm-up" Well Hakkinen didnt get this when he broke a rule in warm-up. And Ralf broke the same rule an MS did (Nurburgring 2001) and RS got in trouble but MS didnt? Whys that? Is it cos the FIA cant get there heads out of MS ass for 5 seconds?

I do belive that MS is the only driver in history to have dangerous driving punished by a 10sec.

Hes also the only driver to drive into someone and have the other guy in trouble for it. Ok, he did admit that JPM shoudlnt have got that drive-through so nobody can argue there, not even the MS fans. The point is that MS gets away with much more than all the other drivers in F1 put together and i for one am sick of it.

Man this is a long post :) , Morbid, beat this :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 03, 2002 10:50AM
Posted by: Anonymous User

Impressive Ellis i must say (even though i didnt read any of it ). Where did you find the time for that?

Date: May 03, 2002 11:59AM
Drivers i think are better or just as good as MS are---

Fisichella
Coulthard
JPM
Kimi
Heidfeld
Massa

Fisichella - maybe you're right, but until he can prove it, what's the point in going on about it?

Coulthard - let's not be silly. If DC was anywhere near as good as Schumacher then he would have showed it in the 1998, 1999 and 2000 season. But he didn't. He was also annihilated by Hakkinen.

JPM - why do you think that? He hasn't shown that he is better than Schumacher, so why should you think he is?

Trulli - he's good for sure, but if he was better than Schumi we'd see him performing much better in that Renault.

Raikkonen - he isn't better at the moment, and again you have no particular reason to assume he's better than Michael.

Heidfeld - yes, bloody good driver, but see Raikkonen.

Massa - maybe in 6 years time he will be. Who can tell? Not you, not anyone.

but in my opinion he fails in to categories:

Hardly. Schumacher is more Senna-like in qual. than any other driver. You think his weak point is qualifying after 46 or so pole positions? And as for overtaking, he's usually in front which is why you don't see it too often. But what about Europe '95? America '00? Brazil '02 on lap one? Talking of which, he often did all his brilliant moves on the first lap when nobody really noticed.

so my question is, if MS is that good, why has it taken him so long to be dominant if he is that good?

BECAUSE HE HASN'T HAD THE CAR.

MS won afew races in 96 so the car was'nt that bad as the MS fans like to pretend it was

Have you ever considered it might have been Schumacher's skill that brought that dog of a car to three wins? Course not. I'm not pretending. It's a fact that the '96 Ferrari was a terrible car and you know it, you just don't like to appreciate it.

and lets not pretend that MS won these title on his own, he had the technical brains of Ross Brawn and a very fast pitcrew, which led to the team being known as ferrariton....not souly because of one mans talent

You like the idea of pretence don't you? Ironic.

So, going by what you're saying, the past dozen or so World Champions won the title only because of the team they were in, and the help they received from that team. Not skill or anything?

then came the fruitian of ferrari's spending and labour, the car was faster than the dominant mclarens and mika hakkinen and he won a title in a car that was faster out of the blocks than mclaren

Let's look at some facts shall we? After all, why not, that's what you back up all your arguments with isn't it? The Ferrari faster out of the blocks?

Australia - Pole - Mika Hakkinen
Brazil - Pole - Mika Hakkinen
San Marino - Pole - Mika Hakkinen

Well the facts really show that don't they? Seeing as you are always studying the facts, I'm surprised you didn't notice that and correct yourself before posting.

What's interesting is that Williams are now in around about the same position Ferrari were in 1998. Slower car (although not to the extent the Ferrari was), struggling with tyres. Yet Schumacher's skill excelled in the inferior car and the championship was taken down to the wire. Now if Montoya is any kind of a match for Schumacher, we should be seeing the guy doing approximately the same thing. These are the kind of situations that you lot are blatently disregarding.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 03, 2002 03:11PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

"Fisichella - maybe you're right, but until he can prove it, what's the point in going on about it?"

eh? We are ment to talk bout the future. F1 is always moving forward and changing, its what keeps people intrested. Dont talk bout the future? ok, this forum is going waaaaay down hill now dude.

"Coulthard - let's not be silly."

well note the my opinion bit. This is silly? Well these people that come into the forum (not you alex) and claim that ms is god, come up with @!#$ arguments then when anyone objects there only argument is "ms is the best", now THATS silly! Actaully, its plain fuckin stupid

"Raikkonen - he isn't better at the moment, and again you have no particular reason to assume he's better than Michael."

I think that cos he comes into F1 rather quielty compared with ppl like JPMand JV, he gets his head down and has he kicked ass instantly. I havent heard him complain bout anything, just giving the truth. No bullshit to the press, no stupid twisting of words, no trying to wrap the tweam round him, no sucking up, just putting in fast laps every race agaisnt drivers who have been donig it for longer than Kimi has been alive!

"JPM - why do you think that? He hasn't shown that he is better than Schumacher, so why should you think he is?"

cos hes shown on several ocasions that he can battle MS when hes got worse machinery. Give him the same (provided MS dont steal it) then im 100% sure he could beat MS

"It's a fact that the '96 Ferrari was a terrible car and you know it"

ITS NOT A TERRIBLE CAR!!!!! A terribvle car is a Minardi, a Tyreel, a Prost. This is a fuckin Ferrari, its not a terrible fuckin car. Ferrari have ALWAYS Been one of the top 4 teams. How can you be terrible and in the top 4?

I notice there was no reply to any other of my points i made......

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 04, 2002 12:06AM
Posted by: Boils
lol i wouldnt be surprised if Ferrari is government funded, Italians probly pay a Ferrari tax!

Ferrari is just going to get better and better and i think that the only way to tell how good MS realy is, is to wait untill he retires and see how well the team goes then

no doubt MS is a technical genius and a great racing driver, i just want to see the top teams within half a second of eachother during a race, and not
minutes apart.
Date: May 04, 2002 03:22AM

BECAUSE HE HASN'T HAD THE CAR.

hang on a minute, your always saying that its because MS is the best driver in the world, and now your saying its coz he did'nt have the car,

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 04, 2002 03:28AM
and lets not pretend that MS won these title on his own, he had the technical brains of Ross Brawn and a very fast pitcrew, which led to the team being known as ferrariton....not souly because of one mans talent

You like the idea of pretence don't you? Ironic

well it seems you won't acknowledge that the fact MS did'nt do it by himself and Ross brawn tactical brain won him races he would'nt have

throw this out to the forum and let them vote on it

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 04, 2002 04:19AM
Posted by: chris
"Drivers i think are better or just as good as MS are---

Fisichella
Coulthard
JPM
Kimi
Heidfeld
Massa"

wtf??!!!!! As Alex says; when has DC really shown it? Trulli goes backwards in the race and is consistantly thrashed by Button. Massa is a fast driver, but not that fast. The only man on this list which I can see being faster or as fast is Fisichella, but he's got to prove it.

To be fair about JPM those battles in inferior machinery have all been very brief...

Its true it wasnt a terrible car, but compared to the williams it was bad.

Chris J
Date: May 04, 2002 07:10AM
Thanks for some support there Chris.

hang on a minute, your always saying that its because MS is the best driver in the world, and now your saying its coz he did'nt have the car,

Yes, let's hang on a minute... what was it you were asking? You asked why he hasn't been this dominant before - my answer, was that he didn't have the best car, and in the years at Ferrari when McLaren were light years ahead of them, it was only Schumacher's skill that enabled him to be a serious challenge and to make up the difference. Now he has the best car, and it really shows. If you can't understand this let's put it in simple terms.

Previously:

Car: Inferior: Driver: Superior: Results: Schumi almost on equal terms with McLaren

2000:

Car: Marginally slower than McLaren: Driver: Superior: Results: Championship victory - the difference (MS) shows

Now:

Car: Superior: Driver: Superior: Results: Complete domination

That seems pretty straightforward, and I can't really see anything to argue about. It makes perfect sense.

well it seems you won't acknowledge that the fact MS did'nt do it by himself and Ross brawn tactical brain won him races he would'nt have

Let's be honest here - this is the only argument you have isn't it? And it isn't even an argument. Ross Brawn has said himself that his tactics would not work without Michael Schumacher. There are only a handful of drivers out there who are capable of putting the hammer down in the middle of a race and lapping so fast that Brawn is able to form a mind-bending strategy around them. There's Schumacher, Barrichello, Irvine and Button by my reckoning. Of course we haven't seen a Button/Brawn partnership, but Jensen proved in Imola that he can seriously turn up the pace when needed.

Of course, you don't remember Hungary '98 so I'll pass that one by for convenience sake. After all, nothing particularly special happened there did it? The Ferrari was only about 1 second off the McLaren's pace all through the weekend until half way through the race when Schumi set down a serious of qualifying-like laps to make up 25 seconds in 19 laps, and pass both McLaren's for the win. It's handy how this particular occasion is always ignored by such anti-Schumacher posters. I guess it's because it proves beyond doubt what a true great Schumacher is, so you have to stay well out of that territory.

How can you be terrible and in the top 4?

Because you've got Michael Schumacher as a driver.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy