montoya who???????

Posted by Zaahir 
Re: montoya who???????
Date: April 29, 2002 09:46AM
Posted by: chris
We've been here before, but to some extent I think Zaahir is right...JPM has underperformed, whether its the dominance of the ferrari or Ralf's performance I don't know, but for whatever reason he has'nt had the expected result.

I also think that (like LS and Xero) MS understered into JPM; the williams held a constant line (the racing line) when michael slid into him cos of understeer.

RB is the biggest loser in all of this...though I cannot believe MS has the power to say 'make sure he won't finish' cos ferrari want both cars to finish, it shows reliability and maximum points are scored.

Chris J
Date: April 29, 2002 10:17AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Bleh we have had a 100 + post on that incident. who knows who is right on that one. But i have to say that Button's first season was probably the most impressive i have seen, aswell as Villeneuve

Date: April 30, 2002 01:47AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
Did you notice MS clearly has his front wheel on the kerb, which proves that Montoya DID leave enough room. MS just understeered into him!
Date: April 30, 2002 02:33AM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo Sup

";(2001), but i thought it was so crap. that could have taken both schey and him out of the race."

WTF!!!!!!

Em, Jerez 97, Australia 94? France 99 (or 2000?) where he tried to run DC off the road at the hairpin?

Please shut up, you cant moan bout JPM taking ppl out if MS does it everytime hes given a car!!!!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 30, 2002 09:03AM
Posted by: Zaahir
oooooooooo.....don't get me started about the cocky huge-jawed ass... didnt he middle finger schuey for blocking his line? LOL!!!!!! wat a complete idiot! he couldnt change up gears because of that. u guys should see the onboard camera of his - all u hear are these high revs and schumi pulling away. shows wat a baffoon he is too. but thats not the point. the point is that montyfag is not performing like everyone thought he was, and i just love it!
Date: April 30, 2002 09:22AM
Posted by: LS.
give him the car/tyre/package on even terms with MS and you'll see fireworks, it'll be fantastic for the sport

the fact is that the ferrari is too good a car

would you say that JV is under performing? again its a case of it being the car

who would not like to see ( and its total fantasy but boy it would be brilliant) to see JV JPM and MS all in a car each of the same perfromance and watching them banging wheels like we were used to when we had senna prost and mansell all going at it

that would be awesome

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 30, 2002 11:48AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Em, Jerez 97, Australia 94? France 99 (or 2000?) where he tried to run DC off the road at the hairpin?

Jerez '97 was a bad mistake, Adelaide '94 was six of one and half a dozen of the other, and, well, to accuse Schumi of trying to run Coulthard off the road at France in 2000 is just ludicrous. Schumacher was defending his position effectively, and it worked. Coulthard was just angry. How on earth he actually expected to be able to pass Schumi in that manner any way is beyond me. It was an impossible move to pull off in those circumstances.

Jerez '97 was over 5 years ago now, and nothing remotely similar has happened since.

Please shut up, you cant moan bout JPM taking ppl out if MS does it everytime hes given a car!!!!

If you can name "every time" Schumacher has taken someone out, with the exception of Jerez 1997, then I might find what you're saying vaguely credible. But I doubt it.

MS is arrogant enough to think that he can bully his competitors into giving up a corner because of who he is.

But that's not true - that is in fact exactly the attitude that Montoya adopts. I'm Juan-Pablo so like it or not I'm coming through... room or not I'm coming through (like he so kindly demonstrated in Brazil). This is his big problem. And it's the primary reason why he's underperforming. Schumacher has got to him, and after Brazil, has really shaken him.

but if MS is this good in the 2002 ferrari, why is his team mate running him closer than any of his ex team mates

Because Barrichello is a bloody fast driver. However, Schumacher has shown that he is at least three tenths faster, even on a good day for Rubens.

does'nt look that good when you look at the facts now does it?

Well yes it does. Four times world champion. Grand Prix winner 57 times over. Pole-sitter 46 times. There's just no shadow of a doubt that the guy is head and shoulders above everyone else. He is the master and Montoya will have to accept that for the time being.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 30, 2002 11:58AM
Alex, you forgot to mention

"MS is that good he has to commendere the car that RB went so fast in at imola, and copy the setup of RB at spain"

Your just using quotes out of context...not proving anything. LS wasnt talking about those facts...we all know them.

"its fair to say that this years ferrari is simply superior than any other car on the track, so thats why the performance of MS looks so good compared to the williams and mclaren ( the tyres are the flaw)"

All true. But why should MS need RB's setup. He's only 3tenths faster with Rubens setup, because he can't do his own.

Zaahir: If were talking about appearances, which is a little below the belt, at least DC's chin could stand up to being near a radiator for more than half an hour! I'm suprised MS doesnt have air conditioning in his helmet to keep his gigantic chin from melting.

Chris J
Date: April 30, 2002 01:15PM
He's only 3tenths faster with Rubens setup, because he can't do his own.

What are we talking about here? This is one Grand Prix out of some 165, that Michael has copied Barrichello's setup because it's clear that it is faster, and having number one status in the team (a position hard-worked for and well deserved I might add), it's the obvious thing to do. The fact is, the other 99% of the time Schumacher has outqualified his team-mate on pure speed and talent. Particularly that lap at Imola in the dying seconds of qualifying, that was totally Senna-like.

And as for Schumacher taking over RB's car in Imola - I'm not particularly for it, but why on earth should you fuss about that? He's paid millions to win, and if he feels he has the best chance of doing so by using Barrichello's car, then the Ferrari team oblige him as they know he's pretty damn likely to get the job done. Makes sense doesn't it?

would you say that JV is under performing?

Yes. Lack of motivation is an important factor in this case, but still, I'd expect much more of him. I began to wonder last year whether this guy really was that good.

Your just using quotes out of context...not proving anything. LS wasnt talking about those facts...we all know them.

I don't really see what you mean. Why would LS state these "facts" if he wasn't using them in his argument somehow? And to be honest, there wasn't much context to use anyway, if you look.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS

What are we talking about here? This is one Grand Prix out of some 165, that Michael has copied Barrichello's setup because it's clear that it is faster, and having number one status in the team (a position hard-worked for and well deserved I might add), it's the obvious thing to do. The fact is, the other 99% of the time Schumacher has outqualified his team-mate on pure speed and talent. Particularly that lap at Imola in the dying seconds of qualifying, that was totally Senna-like.

And as for Schumacher taking over RB's car in Imola - I'm not particularly for it, but why on earth should you fuss about that? He's paid millions to win, and if he feels he has the best chance of doing so by using Barrichello's car, then the Ferrari team oblige him as they know he's pretty damn likely to get the job done. Makes sense doesn't it?

Yes. Lack of motivation is an important factor in this case, but still, I'd expect much more of him. I began to wonder last year whether this guy really was that good.

I don't really see what you mean. Why would LS state these "facts" if he wasn't using them in his argument somehow? And to be honest, there wasn't much context to use anyway, if you look.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 30, 2002 01:18PM

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: April 30, 2002 01:56PM
LOL!! Congratulations Alex! Youve beaten my record of a triple post...4 posts!

I bet the page wasnt loading, that's what happened to me.

Chris J
Date: April 30, 2002 02:40PM
typical MS fan, has to cheat and post the same message 4 times ;-)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: April 30, 2002 02:42PM

Yes. Lack of motivation is an important factor in this case

hmmm and what proof do you have for this alex? the car has been a dog ever since he joined BAR, so i fail to see where you get your evidence to say that

LS's Tip of the week
Date: May 01, 2002 01:05AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yes a quadruple post!!! Now thats something to party about. Ill bring some friends

And as your present: A years subsrcipton to the Offical Michael Schumacher Fanclub U.K

Date: May 01, 2002 01:09AM
Oh bloody hell sorry about that, it kept saying connection error or something so I assumed it hadn't posted :';( :D

hmmm and what proof do you have for this alex? the car has been a dog ever since he joined BAR, so i fail to see where you get your evidence to say that

Mainly the fact that he was driving extremely well at Williams, then ever since he joined BAR his performance level plummetted and it's obvious that he has lost motivation. If he gets a decent car again, maybe we'll see some more of the old Villeneuve.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 01, 2002 02:22AM
Posted by: Bruno_dc
Sounds like a wet dream :)
Date: May 01, 2002 04:37AM
Posted by: Ellis
yo Sup

"didnt he middle finger schuey for blocking his line? LOL!!!!!! wat a complete idiot! "

get ready for this then

Silverstone 95, Monza 95, MS shouted abuse over to Hill.

Then belgium 98 when MS cant be arsed to turn the wheel enough to get around DC he blames DC for doing what he is tiold, storms down the pit lane and had to be held back by team members.

So its ok for MS to try to start a fight but when DC does the finger thats too much?

Is this double standards again?

"Jerez '97 was a bad mistake"

dam right

"Adelaide '94 was six of one and half a dozen of the other"

nah, MS knew his car was damaged, he could see hill in his mirrors and he could probably hear him too and he still turned into him.

"How on earth he actually expected to be able to pass Schumi in that manner any way "

the same way mansel did it around Berger at Mexico? Or the way RB did around cars at Hockenheim? Or the way JV did it to MS at Estoril? The way MS TRIED to pass JPM at Austria?

Come on!!! Did you moan at MS for trying to go round the outside of JPM at a hairpin? No, you didnt, so why should DC be critizsed for passing round the outside of a hairpin?

So if a pass looks difficult you dont go for it is that what your saying? More oparades than races then?

Double standards AGAIN i think.........

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 01, 2002 07:03AM
Silverstone 95, Monza 95, MS shouted abuse over to Hill.

The circumstances were just slightly different in these cases. Hill had clumsily thrown his car into Schumi's while trying to pass - twice. Schumcher was angry that's all. Everyone has the right to be angry. I personally don't see anything wrong with Coulthard's gesture - if he found it unnecessary then that's his problem.

Come on!!! Did you moan at MS for trying to go round the outside of JPM at a hairpin? No, you didnt, so why should DC be critizsed for passing round the outside of a hairpin?

The hairpin in France is a lot tighter and a lot narrower than the second corner in Austria. In my opinion, Schumacher would have been able to pass Montoya. I don't think Coulthard would have been able to pass Schumacher there. Plus the fact he was trying to pass Schumacher, not an incompetent rookie.

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy