Trulli - I'll win in 2009

Posted by Craigo 
Trulli - I'll win in 2009
Date: December 17, 2008 03:36PM
Posted by: Craigo
[www.skysports.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2008 03:36PM by Craigo.
Re: Trulli - I'll win in 2009
Date: December 17, 2008 03:48PM
Posted by: elemental
No, he won't.
Date: December 17, 2008 03:58PM
Posted by: Bruninho
Joke of the year.

If he'll win in 2009, I'll win a a night of sex with Scarlett Johansson.

Date: December 17, 2008 04:05PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I reckon Toyota have to make progress at some stage...So a race victory isn't out of the question....I'd be pushing Tim O'Glock for it though, rather than Trulli at this stage...maybe Trulli to take a couple of poles. But then again, on Toyota's past record, is there any reason why they should make progress?
Date: December 17, 2008 04:12PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
i bet if this time last year we had read a similar article with vettel saying he'd win in 08 we'd have laughed at him, too.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: December 17, 2008 04:20PM
Yes but im not laughing because its impossible. Im laughing because their chances of winning their maiden grand prix are as slim as Vettels chances of winning Monza'08 were in the beginning of the season.

Date: December 17, 2008 04:29PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
but still vettel took it, so you never know, who would have thought Piquet lucked into that German gp podium? ;)

Date: December 17, 2008 04:46PM
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but still vettel took it, so you never know, who
> would have thought Piquet lucked into that German
> gp podium? ;)

Taking the risk of being hypocrite, I WOULD ;)

Date: December 17, 2008 05:20PM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
I hope he and Toyota does it, this season is by far their best chance. The team has finally found some stability and they have fresh ideas, like finally using the curved sidepods last season.
I think people are waayy too critical of the team, they where clearly the 5th fastest team in 06, but had bad luck and relaiability as well as it was their first year with Bridgestone. In 07 it was the uninspired Ralf who made the car look worse than it was and they also had some problems with the starts, always losing positions.
I am actualy pretty confident in their chances to win a race next year, they have stability, two good drivers and Vasselon is pretty good at what he does.
Date: December 17, 2008 05:39PM
Posted by: matt3454
The Lopper Wrote:
I'd be pushing Tim O'Glock for it

He's German not Irish ;)

Date: December 17, 2008 07:19PM
Hey, he raced for Jordan and besides, Timo is a ridiculous name...;)

What can I say, us Irish lads need to feel an F1 connection these days. And Tim, God bless 'im, provides that... ;-)
Date: December 17, 2008 07:30PM
The irish fans can still try to fill a F1 team for Nial Breen. lmfao

Date: December 17, 2008 07:40PM
haha, knew he'd go down well with the Brazilians with his Barrichello-style helmet! ;) Adam Carroll's the man of the moment, leading the A1 GP atm.
Date: December 18, 2008 11:10AM
Posted by: razgriz
why those mid low profile drivers is so confident on 2009?",(ex.button,jarno,heikki...whatever)

haha
Date: December 18, 2008 11:59AM
Posted by: mcdo
The Lopper Wrote:
> I reckon Toyota have to make progress at some
> stage...So a race victory isn't out of the
> question....I'd be pushing Tim O'Glock for it
> though, rather than Trulli at this stage...maybe
> Trulli to take a couple of poles. But then again,
> on Toyota's past record, is there any reason why
> they should make progress?

Jarn O'Trulli? He might have a story to tell.
Date: December 18, 2008 12:22PM
^^^
Ah, but as the song goes: "If you tolerate this, then (Nick O'Rosberg, Fernand O' Alonso, Giancarl O'Fisichella, Brun O'Senna) will be next." It's dodgy. Although I think if Bruno lands a seat, I'll rename him Brian O'Senna.
Date: December 18, 2008 01:06PM
Posted by: Frantic
What about Eddie Irvine in F1 again?? ;)

Date: December 18, 2008 02:25PM
Yeah, throw him into a Ferrari and see if they can remember how many wheels go on an F1 car! ;)
Date: December 18, 2008 04:14PM
Posted by: SAMF1
Not a win, but possibly a podium

Date: December 18, 2008 06:33PM
Posted by: chet
Toyota are such a big unknown in F1. Unknown in that does anyone really know if they have what it takes?

2008 was an ok year, but again given the time they've had and the money still disapointing. Unlike Honda there doesnt seem to be any significant problems, for toyota it just seems they're too slow and thats all.

I like Jarno alot, I feel he was unfairly treated by Flavio and I feel that he really needs a real chance with a good car. If Toyota gives him one and now on slicks I do think Trulli could become a serious challenger, and if I am honest imo more of a threat than either Ferrari driver ;-)

Slicks are known not to grain as much as grooves, this has been one Trullis problem all along. Its why he is so quick in Qualifying but when it comes to the race he is about as useful as Nick Fry.

edit - I think Toyota can do it. They can provide a car to win, but not a car to sustain a championship challenge.

edit 2 - Thats why imo it makes sence for Williams and Toyota to become more than partners... Williams have the knowledge to win championships. Toyota have the rest.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2008 06:34PM by chet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy