Posted by Craigo 
Re: Trulli - I'll win in 2009
Date: December 18, 2008 07:37PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
i think he will grab 2nd place at bahrain ;P

Date: December 18, 2008 08:28PM
Posted by: danm
with the cost cuttign involed, and franky just about breaking even on his team at williams, a merger could be a brilliant solution (if toyota pull off a semi-honda).

i dont think frank or patrick will give up that easily and succumb to merging, because williams just literally are there for the racing. if they still make even in this day and age, it doesnt bother them. of course, losing does, but if theyre breaking even, then its thumbs up still.

i always thought mclaren should have got trulli to partner lewis, or get trulli into that ferrari seat with a youngster like vettel.

trulli is a quiet man, i know he has made some clear complaints before, but they have been in very extreme and reasoned cases. besides that, he really does just shut up and get on with the job.

i know he is getting on a bit....but still definitely one to watch, his debut year was quite good in 1997, just in the right team at the wrong time.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: December 19, 2008 04:24PM
Posted by: Frantic
Trulli will never run for Ferrari, Enzo didn´t want an Italian race driver after Lorenzo Bandini´s death in Monaco 67, and I remember only 2 italian drivers on ferrari after that, Michele Alboreto and Gianni Morbidelli, and test driver Luca Badoer

Date: December 19, 2008 05:41PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
A lot of people said bad things about Jarno and laughet at what he said.
BUT lets not forget that in 2004 he was clearly more than just matching the pace of alonso and even managed to win a race. Despite this Jarno has a very clean driving stile. I cant remember seeing him , making a driver mistake during race ........
Soooo all he lacks so far is either a competible car or a team behind him ';(the case in renault after mid 2004)..........
If somebody doesnts agree its their opinion, but i believe in what Jarno said about winning in 2009.
He has already shown he knows how to this ! ! ! GOOD LUCK.
Date: December 19, 2008 06:43PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Jarno is a decent driver, I think he was close to Alonso in the first few rounds but couldn't keep it together. And then when Barrichello got around him in France, Flávio Briatore just lost his patience with him after a few not-great results and sacked him for Villeneuve, who was a major joke.
Date: December 19, 2008 07:18PM
Posted by: Bruninho
Kamui Kobayashi being rumored to replace Trulli @ Toyota ;)

YAY!

Date: December 19, 2008 07:47PM
Posted by: J i m
Then lets hope that is simply a rumour. Because that would be a mistake, of similar proportions to retaining Piquet.
Date: December 19, 2008 08:16PM
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then lets hope that is simply a rumour. Because
> that would be a mistake, of similar proportions to
> retaining Piquet.

ffs, retaining piquet was the smartest move ever in F1. He'll shut up everyones critics and be a future Formula One World Champion :)

Date: December 19, 2008 08:16PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Yeah booting Trulli lost Renault 2nd place in the constructors in 2004

Just think would Trulli of done a better job that Fisi in 05 & 06 in the Renault

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: December 19, 2008 08:21PM
No he wouldnt.

Both drivers are the same sh1t.

I laughed out loud when I saw fisico winning @ Melbourne. Italians went crazy thinking that they would finally see an italian world champion. Poor boys. I had my money on Kimi this time and switched to Fernando. lol

Date: December 19, 2008 08:55PM
Posted by: chet
Up until he was told he was no longer going to be a Renault driver for 2005 he was quicker than Alonso and not making the same silly mistakes. Then it all turned upside down ;-)!

Last year we all had opinions on who would benifit from the loss of TC and fact is it had no effect at all.

Slicks is a different matter... With slicks the whole mechanics of driving changes, I truly beleive Trulli ( ;) ) will be a big winner, and in more ways than one!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 19, 2008 09:07PM
Bruno, everything spoken here is based on facts and you base your Piquet stuff on hope ;).
Date: December 19, 2008 09:21PM
Posted by: J i m
Yes and no Gui.

Some facts are used here, but there is a heck of a lot speculating out of thin air. Not just Bruninho.
Date: December 19, 2008 09:29PM
( shhhhhhhh , we all know that! ) ;)
Date: December 19, 2008 10:44PM
Posted by: danm
Bruninho Wrote:
> ffs, retaining piquet was the smartest move ever
> in F1. He'll shut up everyones critics and be a
> future Formula One World Champion :)

:D quoted for future mockery at a date yet to be confirmed! :P you asked for it! lol

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: December 20, 2008 12:32AM
Posted by: The Lopper
2004, wasn't that the year that Trulli had all the problems with the Renault and Alonso had none? It was kinda ridiculous at one stage, Trulli would be close to Alonso and then he'd have some mechanical failure....he was jinxed. Maybe it was his driving style.

Kamui Kobayashi....wasn't he Keyser Soze's butler?
Or more truthfully, a brand of cup? ;)
Date: December 20, 2008 06:53AM
Posted by: casabonka
Haha, and arent we all going to laugh when Piquet is sacked by mid season!

I think Trulli could have a similar season to what Kubica had this year. Will be interesting to see if drivers who have raced with slicks will have any advantage.

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: December 20, 2008 06:58AM
Posted by: Briere
Bruninho Wrote:
> Joke of the year.
>
> If he'll win in 2009, I'll win a a night of sex
> with Scarlett Johansson.

Saved for a possible use next year ;)
Date: December 21, 2008 03:53AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
The Lopper Wrote:
> 2004, wasn't that the year that Trulli had all the
> problems with the Renault and Alonso had none?

yes, the funniest one was when trulli's car broke down after about 100m at the Canadian GP ;)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

having said that, alonso's car didn't make it to the end either

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 21, 2008 06:59AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Toyota are due. It's probably going to be a make or break year for them. Poor results might be the end of them in F1. Anyway, a decent guy like Jarno deserves to win a couple...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy