Ferrari doors may open for Alonso

Posted by razgriz 
Ferrari doors may open for Alonso
Date: December 18, 2008 11:12AM
Posted by: razgriz
Luca di Montezemolo will not rule out one day securing the services of Fernando Alonso for Ferrari.

Alonso is regularly linked with the Maranello-based outfit, but Ferrari remains committed to Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa for at least the next two years.

"I regard Fernando Alonso as a great driver, a genuine team leader and a nice chap," Montezemolo, Ferrari President, is quoted as saying by Spain's AS newspaper.

He revealed that Ferrari came close to signing Alonso before he moved to Renault and achieved back-to-back titles earlier this decade.

"I could have taken him under contract when he was still sitting in the Minardi - but life is long," the Italian insisted.

Montezemolo said he rates other drivers as well.

"Of course I would like to have a driver like Hamilton, like Alonso. But that will be in another life, because in this life I have Michael, Kimi and Felipe.

"Maybe in two years I will tell you something different, but at the moment I am very, very happy."

@topic
i think alonso would like yo end his career on ferrari,i just feel it..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2008 11:14AM by razgriz.
Re: Ferrari doors may open for Alonso
Date: December 18, 2008 11:40AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i think alonso will end up at ferrari, but it might take kimi's retirement before it happens

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2008 03:51AM by SchueyFan.
Date: December 18, 2008 11:43AM
Posted by: mcdo
Are you feeling something physical or something dreamy? What is it with journos and their slimy love of ruling in, ruling out? Usually their target means something else. Fog in print.
Date: December 18, 2008 12:26PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Yeh i agree, I think the only opportunity is when Kimi retires. I sure hope he can get the ferrari seat. Then let go of Massa and bring Vettel in.

Date: December 18, 2008 02:25PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i'd rather have massa than vettel tbh. he's only going to improve more now, and he is already fully established within the team.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 18, 2008 04:09PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Not again, we went trough this, he might come in 2011, fact, but not before that, end of story.

Date: December 18, 2008 08:42PM
Posted by: danny87
I dont think he would have signed Alonso while he was at Minardi, can you imagine him and Schumacher at the same team.

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: December 19, 2008 02:21PM
Posted by: IWE
danny87 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dont think he would have signed Alonso while he
> was at Minardi, can you imagine him and Schumacher
> at the same team.

I can petty easily imagine it. Alonso wasnt so big headed on his first seasons.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: December 19, 2008 06:40PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think Luca said it in the sense of "had we wanted or tried, he'd have signed with us", not that they had an offer ready or anything.
Date: December 19, 2008 07:14PM
Posted by: LS.
Wasn't Alonso under contract to Flav at that point in his career at Minardi? Flav put him there to earn his wings before putting him in the Renault.

Would Flav had let him go to Ferarri at that eary delicate stage of his career? Would Luca have wanted a raw recruit Minardi driver stepping into a Ferrari?

Dont think so on either counts tbh

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: December 19, 2008 09:06PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Luca got Massa in 2000 or 2001 and then set him off to Sauber. Fernando would have tested probably for 2 seasons before getting a chance, and I don't think Briatore would have let Alonso go
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy