Posted by Toki 
Re: 2012 United States Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: November 15, 2012 11:20AM
Posted by: pippo46
thank you Atticus:(
Date: November 15, 2012 10:00PM
Posted by: Vader
Don't run with scissors - but also don't drive with em, Mr. Andretti.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 15, 2012 11:20PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
From 2013, DRS may no longer be used everywhere on circuit in FP and Qualifying. It will only be used in 'the zone'.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 16, 2012 12:07AM
Posted by: chet
Isn't the race being ran at the same time as NASCAR?

Well, that's me split screening.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 16, 2012 12:35PM
Posted by: J i m
That and the US media have barley mentioned the race. I doubt half the USA are even aware there is Grand Prix on.

Date: November 16, 2012 02:21PM
Posted by: Isaint
Have you guys been watching the U.S.A pre-race press conference .........?
Simply hilarious.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: November 16, 2012 09:13PM
Posted by: EC83
Ooft, from the camera at the last corner the S/F straight looks like a half-pipe. Good stuff!

Date: November 16, 2012 11:12PM
Posted by: gav
I don't see the interest in the climb to turn 1. What does it do? Blind apex? Wow. Shorten the braking distance? Shouldn't they be doing the opposite?

Eau Rouge has a similar climb... in the middle of a corner. Even easily flat-out that's much more a challenge. What's the point in having it on a straight? It's completely and entirely pointless to me. And it features the new and exclusive Tilke-widened-braking-zone. I can't wait. From 20 metres to 30 metres. Brilliant. For the BBC highlights. Timed to coincide with the NASCAR schedule, so perfect for breaking into the US market. After midnight here. On a Sunday. The penultimate race of the season. Six hours before I have to go to work.

@#$%& off.

Sky. Bernie. BBC.

Sincerely,

this_is_gav.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 11:20PM by gav.
Date: November 17, 2012 11:37AM
Posted by: casabonka
I wish the race was 6hrs before work... race start at 6am Sydney time... on Monday!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: November 17, 2012 05:02PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Maldonado getting oversteer through the whole of turns 17 and 18... and then going 2nd fastest. Brilliant!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: November 17, 2012 08:00PM
Posted by: EC83
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't see the interest in the climb to turn 1.
> What does it do? Blind apex? Wow. Shorten the
> braking distance? Shouldn't they be doing the
> opposite?
>
> Eau Rouge has a similar climb... in the middle of
> a corner. Even easily flat-out that's much more a
> challenge. What's the point in having it on a
> straight? It's completely and entirely pointless
> to me. And it features the new and exclusive
> Tilke-widened-braking-zone. I can't wait. From 20
> metres to 30 metres. Brilliant. For the BBC
> highlights. Timed to coincide with the NASCAR
> schedule, so perfect for breaking into the US
> market. After midnight here. On a Sunday. The
> penultimate race of the season. Six hours before I
> have to go to work.
>
> @#$%& off.
>
> Sky. Bernie. BBC.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> this_is_gav.

Best post in this thread. I don't care what gets written before, during and after the race :P

Date: November 17, 2012 08:34PM
Posted by: Slash
i quite like the circuit a lot tbh...

something tells me T1 is going to be Mayhem....... pls grosjean, concede my wishes, oh thy Lord!

i expect a really really fun race, Michael is in a good position to salute the yanks from the podium!!
Date: November 17, 2012 08:43PM
Posted by: alonso0506
well pretty much saw enough today. P9 really?really?really? what is Ferrari doin at the mo( i heard they went out on q2 tyres cause of heating problems) dosent that make the tyres worse for tomoz. anyway i still belive in them and hope it gets a happy end at least for me ^^lol.

for the rest Lewis great quali nearly got pole from fingerboy. Grosjean did very well and schui in p6 with a good lap. caterham been beaten by marussia whats wrong there?

for tomoz i hope for some epic race from Fernando!!! toma

over and out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: November 17, 2012 10:11PM
Posted by: hasbriale
From personal experience, Turn 1 - 3 in India was fantastic..(Y) US track is not good (N)..

And, what a pity it will be .. we only will have one champion in the end! :(

Date: November 17, 2012 11:04PM
Posted by: Frantic
wonderful qualy from vettel and hamilton. also from hulkenberg placing his car between the ferraris (i think alonso has his car set up exclusively for tomorrow)

I wonder if that climb on the main straight could cause some effect at the start, with some cars from the early midfield gaining speed as they are starting some metres behind...

Date: November 18, 2012 12:32AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
the track is ...awesome ! i dont know why all of you are whining about it.

also, the time the race is going to be run at is perfect. who cares it interferes with nascar. had theyput the f1 race 2 hours later everyone would be monaing how can the yput the race so late. had they put the race earlier ... it would have been unacceptably early for a gp.. around 10 o clock local time.

i get the impression you guys are pretty spoilt and just look for something to complain about. you have sky, 50 percent of the time bbc as well, you have vipbox.tv, the rtl.de and other sites to watch the race both in live action and replayed. you can download it or whatsoever. still, you find a way to be unhappy and even disgusted with this situation as well.

no wonder the SPOILERS topics become emptier and emptier around this web site. during most of the time everyone of you guys only moans about something. of course no one will be motivated to post in such a topic and answer such posts.

gav wrote a whole novel about nascar and f1 being at the same time. still he (and most of you) didnt bother to write down 2 lines about:

1) schuey blocking alonso
2) the odd tyre behavior and rosberg and alonso being miles off the pace
3) the fact that the track is full of people even if only for qualy.
4) the stunner laps from schuey and hamilton
5) the ferrari situation (alonso too slow, or massa finally getting his act together)

and many many other descent and interesting things

but at least you found enough time to comment how cool gavs topic was, and how unimportant the rest of the whole COTA SPOILERS FORUM is for you.
shame on (most of) you if you call yourself f1 fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2012 12:35AM by mitadumapaga.
Date: November 18, 2012 03:19AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
The reason why Nico was quite far off the pace: [www.autosport.com]

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 18, 2012 09:58AM
Posted by: gav
@mitadumapaga

1) I don't think any of us said the track was crap. Just complained about some of the features. It is a good track.

2) Bernie is desperately trying to capture American's attention. He's not going to do it if he schedules it at the same time as their own dominant motorsport.

3) We have been spoilt. Maybe we are used to seeing F1 for less than €700 a year. Is it wrong that we can complain about that?

4) I appreciate the Aussies in particular are generally quite hard done by for timing of F1 races, but again, they complain about it. I don't see why we shouldn't. We're not all teenagers any more, used to crawling into work after a night out.

5)That was written before qualifying happened. I saw the F1 just before the football last night. Then I went to bed. And now, because of you I'm having another rant about everything except the actual qualifying.

PS. If I wasn't an F1 fan, why would I be complaining about all of the above? Boredom?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2012 10:00AM by gav.
Date: November 18, 2012 11:52AM
you have your point, gav. still, i think the posts become increasingly negative and this has a bad effect sometimes on the atmosphere in the forum.

anyway, back on topic: i am really surprised schuey didnt get a penalty for slowing down alonso

also, it is tough to believe nicos problems were only down to the exaust system. he was over a second behind in the end of q2.
Date: November 18, 2012 11:53AM
but then again, ham was about asecond behind button too, in belgium, so who knows.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy