2012 Chinese Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by madotter 
Re: 2012 Chinese Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: April 14, 2012 08:46AM
Posted by: truecrysis
Wow vettel out!

Saucer look scarily fast, and considering what they can do with the tires, that car looks quite a good prospect!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: April 14, 2012 08:56AM
Posted by: Slash
Webber looks good with his car...

for "equal treatment" will they force him to use the old exhaust too? lol
Date: April 14, 2012 09:01AM
Mercedes locks the front row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAH
Date: April 14, 2012 09:05AM
Posted by: truecrysis
Yeh rosberg pole! Great to see mercedes up there locking out the front row!

And with kobayashi and raikkonen behind them, looking like a good run down to the first corner!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2012 09:08AM by truecrysis.
Date: April 14, 2012 09:18AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Wow, it should be a fascinating race with a bit of a mixed up grid and the Mercedes having questionable tyre life.

I guess the big question will be if Rosberg can stand up to the pressure after we've seen him crack various times before whilst in a strong race position, a few of which at this very circuit.

A bit disappointing for Schumacher, I thought today might be the day he would get pole, but Rosberg was able to turn the momentum around obviously from the first two rounds.

X (@ed24f1)
should be a great start for tomorrow, just hope kobayashi doesn't do any banzai move at the first corner. so far, 2012 has been going well. wonder how Svettel does from 11th.
2012 Chinese Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: April 14, 2012 10:32AM
Posted by: alexf1man
I was worried if Rosberg would ever get a pole after his pressured qualifying in the first two races. Now we can see why he:

1) Went quite early (so there wasn't a certain time on the board that he had to beat by the time he started)
2) Made simple mistakes in the first two, as he probably knew the car could do well and isn't used to doing it in F1
Date: April 14, 2012 11:21AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Nice to see Kimi destroying Romain.

Surprised at lack of Red Bull pace! Vettel almost beaten by Massa :O
Date: April 14, 2012 12:16PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
Yes, congrats to Rosberg, he really strung together a perfect lap there.
Hopefully the other Merc driver will get the upper hand in the race though!
I thought Schumacher's deadpan Radio comment to the engineer having been told Rosbergs time after the first run was hilarious
'Oh...not bad.'

Vettel has a long afternoon ahead tomorrow. Kimi may be good for the Podium once the wheels fall off the Mercedes.

Exciting race coming up I hope.
Date: April 14, 2012 05:51PM
Posted by: J i m
It has so much potential... I think we can pretty much take for granted that the Mercs will go backwards, but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong especially if it meant Rosberg winning.

However that isn't going to happen in all likeliness. The jokers in the pack are Koybashi & Raikkonen for they have fast race cars which are kind on their tyres and it's them who the McLarens need to be aware of mostly. Webber and Perez should provide extra food for thought as well. Vettel ought to recover a bit and hopefully he'd drag the Williams cars along with him. Grosjean needs to actually get around the first few laps this time and hen who knows?

Of course... It could rain again and Alonso own all.

Date: April 14, 2012 06:52PM
Posted by: EC83
Stunning performance from Mercedes, and stunning lap from Nico! This, along with Kamui and Kimi on the 2nd row, sets everything up for a fascinating race even if it's dry. Also, Vettel will get a good test of character and maturity starting from 11th.

Really looking forward to this one now!

Date: April 14, 2012 09:18PM
Kimi looks really strong, and for really i think he'll have a shot to the win.

they usually start good so i could see him jumping up to 2nd or even 1st in the first few laps.

Michael does good starts so unless Rosberg does a good one (rare), Michael should take the lead soon and Rosberg with his agressiveness hold the pack behind. if that happens than it won't be too bad for Vettel, Hamilton, Button and al of them to fight for the win.

it's going to be exciting, unless Grosjean decides to maximise his 1st laps potential and creates mayhem.
Date: April 14, 2012 09:27PM
Posted by: J i m
The Mercedes are generally good off the line and that includes Rosberg.. If Schumacher looked better it was usually because he had more slower cars to overtake due to being roundly out-qualified by Rosberg who was more often around cars more comparable or indeed faster.

Date: April 14, 2012 09:30PM
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Mercedes are generally good off the line and
> that includes Rosberg.. If Schumacher looked
> better it was usually because he had more slower
> cars to overtake due to being roundly
> out-qualified by Rosberg who was more often around
> cars more comparable or indeed faster.

not the case in malaysia
Date: April 14, 2012 09:41PM
Posted by: gav
Schumacher's opening laps have been fantastic since he returned, and it's not just the getting away from the line. Almost without fail he's made places, with Nico often being one of his victims. It's always fun looking back at the onboard replays after a race and following Schumacher.
Date: April 15, 2012 09:23AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Who's the other bloke commentating with Brundle on Sky?? Every time I switch that audio on he's raving and blethering on about nothing in particular... less of him required and more of Brundle, I think....
Date: April 15, 2012 09:28AM
Posted by: IWE
Mercedes.. (N)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: April 15, 2012 09:32AM
wow, it's almost incredible everytime that happens, when it happened to Jenson in Silverstone, or to that guy in GP2 in Malaysia this year... you would think they learn from those mistakes, but to happen to Mercedes after having everything else working good for them?.... they must be gutted. hopefully Nico saves the day, but it was looking really good for them and it's sad to have one little thing ike that blew it off

at least it seems Mercedes is proving everybody wrong and it does seems that it was a setup issue the thing about their tyres... Red Bull ate theirs faster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 09:44AM by Slash.
disappointed that schumi is out, Mercedes were/are looking great in terms of race pace today, but button I think could pose a threat, he's making a move atm plus rosberg's losing time due to wear... hope we have 3rd different winner in 3 races of 2012
Date: April 15, 2012 10:00AM
is it me or Jenson is schooling Hamilton AND Webber again on how to overtake?

disaster for Kimi

i guess you could say...... NOT BAD for a DRS car!!!

awesome!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2012 10:41AM by Slash.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy