The best footballer of all time.

Posted by Covfan 
Re: The best footballer of all time.
Date: February 13, 2007 06:02AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Ronaldinho Gaúcho was aplauded by Real Madrid fans at the Bernabéu after scoring two goals on the match dominated by Barça not long ago ;-)
Date: February 13, 2007 06:03AM
by the way, Ronaldinho is by no means the best ever :p
Date: February 13, 2007 08:53AM
Posted by: Enjoi
hmm I didn't see any of McManamans matches for Real, I did see him score a good goal for them though :P which makes up for any of his bad performances there hehe.

Ric Scott
Date: February 13, 2007 06:58PM
Hehehehe

I'd suggest skipping to 2:35 if you just want to see Pelé school Milan, otherwise turn down the volume and watch the whole thing to see how ridiculous he was as a player. I really dislike him but I must respect his skill, the best player of all time
Date: February 13, 2007 07:25PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
I guess it depends on what your criteria for 'Best ever player' is.
I mean, it could be based on pure skills, on influence to a team, whether they did their best stuff on the biggest stage or not, or maybe just how a player goes about his craft.
For me, the best player that I've seen(an active player whilst I've been watching football), is Maradona.
My favourite player though, was Denis Bergkamp - everything he did oozed pure class, even the most basic of tap-ins. He never looked rushed.

But in terms of the sheer amount of quality goals, It has to be Marco van Basten.
@ Gui: in that Pele vid 5 mins in, those are some of the best skillz ever! :O

In the 'other type' of football, my
best player ever, is a toss-up between Jerry Rice(sheer longevity, records and Superbowl rings) and Barry Sanders(to get those career numbers with nearly always an average or worse O-line, was a joy to watch). :)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2007 07:34PM by Berger_Fan.
Date: February 13, 2007 10:54PM
I love Bergkamp too and unfortunately didn't get to watch much of Van Basten but I know enough. Holland had some great players in late 80s-early 90s ;-).

And fair enough about Maradona, this is about personal opinions and doesn't matter how much I disagree I do accept your choice (as if you needed my consent ;)), but it really bothers me when people mention him and don't know about Zico ! The guy was doing rehab in 1986 during the World Cup and still managed to play at a decent level. Should have played in 78 but Brazilian football is filled with crap... for example, in 1938 on the semi finals our coach benched all the top players so they'd be ready for the final. The only problem is we lost 2x1 with the reserve squad and then Italy won the WC.
Date: February 15, 2007 08:43PM
[video.globo.com]

Nice little video of Pelé wearing the Flamengo jersey in a friendly match in 79, where Pelé came out of retirement just to fulfill the dream of playing for Flamengo for one match :D.

Notice how is Zico who scores 2 goals though ;)
Date: February 16, 2007 12:52AM
Posted by: FernandoVG
I don't like him as person but there is no doubt it's Pelé. The europeans players of today don't know soccer in its real essence it's only bussines and merchandise. Do you see how many dollars that dumbass David Beckham will won in the next 5 years? I'm sure it's not because his poor soccer. Pelé was and still is the best. Who does not agree show someone who has scored 1243 goals please.
Date: February 17, 2007 10:34PM
Ronaldinho is back!

2 goals and a good display for Milan :D

ps: I am an Inter fan, but I am very hopeful for Ronaldo
Date: February 18, 2007 07:19PM
Posted by: LS.
A Brasilian living in America supporting a Italian team, go figure lol ;)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 18, 2007 07:33PM
Posted by: matt3454
FernandoVG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't like him as person but there is no doubt
> it's Pelé. The europeans players of today don't
> know soccer in its real essence it's only bussines
> and merchandise. Do you see how many dollars that
> dumbass David Beckham will won in the next 5
> years? I'm sure it's not because his poor soccer.
> Pelé was and still is the best. Who does not
> agree show someone who has scored 1243 goals
> please.

I wouldn't call Beckham a dumbass. He was one of the most gifted footballers that England has produced in the past decade and a bit. He helped Man Utd win it all during the 90's, especially the '99 season. Beckham won't score 1200+ goals as he is not a strikers, but he does score his fair share and also provides many assists over the course of a season.
He moved to Real Madrid to try and further his career and win more medals (along with the fact that he fell out with Fergie ;)) But at Real he has won nothing.
His move to America may be for the money, but hey, wouldn't you go there for £128million. I know that i would rather move to America than rot on the Real Madrid bench.

Sure there may be a few Premiership teams that would want him, but for how long? 1 season? 2? At LA Galaxy he has 5 years of guaranteed playing time. With more footballers looking like they may end their days in America, it may not be such a bad move.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2007 07:34PM by matt3454.
Date: February 18, 2007 08:44PM
Real Madrid is great for killing some players, I have had trouble with them in the past due to some coaches being silly and playing their preferred men. Does anyone remember Suker warming up the bench every game? Sávio was also preterred for other crap guys... Real had great players sitting down while crap such as Celades, Solari, McManaman and Guti played.

Ever since Mijatovic became director of football things have been going downhill, and now with Capello it's in free fall. It doesn't work when the coach thinks he's the most important asset to the club and when the coach wants to appear more than the players. Beckham was by no means a bad player, I agree with the comment about him posted above. His level did go down a bit but he still can do some things very well, no reason why he should be sitting on the bench for Real.

And LS, Flamengo is my passion but I like Inter because when I was 7 I collected Serie A cards and Lothar Matthäus played for Inter, as well as Klinsmann and Zenga, so it became my team of choice there ever since ;).
Date: February 18, 2007 09:04PM
On a quick sidenote,

happy birthday Roberto Baggio!
Date: February 18, 2007 10:03PM
A couple of clips of Romário

Another one of those players we hate off the field but Romário is a genius, just lacking the mental side

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2007 10:19PM by Guimengo.
Date: February 18, 2007 10:58PM
Posted by: gav
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another one of those players we hate off the field
> but Romário is a genius, just lacking the mental
> side

Define 'we'. I've always loved him. Not in the ways of cocks and arses though. Ish.

Van Basten was the man though. The reason I started watching football at a very young age. :D
Date: February 18, 2007 11:36PM
Alright Gav, I generalized the "we" because in Brazil we know all the crap he does and says, he's a true arrogant, annoying, selfish, and rude person. But nonetheless, a former magnificent player who now is doing all he can to reach 1,000 goals in his career, including playing against team from D-2 in Rio or lower.

Van Basten clips:

Date: March 11, 2007 01:20AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
John Smith.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: March 11, 2007 02:14AM
Posted by: SHEEPY
Peter Kay :P

1:57 into the clip :P

Have it :P
Date: March 11, 2007 04:38AM
Those were awesome, the last ad was SO funny! :D Right after the footy one
Date: March 17, 2007 10:51PM
Have a laugh :D

Dude went crazy doing the step overs, his team was down 1x0 on the 47th minute of the second half, hahahaha
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy