Indy Car Viewing

Posted by marcl 
Indy Car Viewing
Date: July 26, 2010 12:24AM
Posted by: marcl
Where do you guys watch Indy Car. I have been using the IZOD feed but its rubbish they just use the track cameras and you have no idea what is going on.

About to give up on this race, they keep going away from battles, have missed all the pit stops there is just no point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2010 12:36AM by marcl.
Re: Indy Car Viewing
Date: July 26, 2010 08:23AM
Posted by: Slash
that was painfull......... what type of racing do they want?
Date: July 26, 2010 01:23PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Well. That was a f**king joke that makes the F1 result seem reasonable.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 26, 2010 02:15PM
Posted by: marcl
I did not see it as I switched off but read about it today.

What feed do you watch Dave?
Date: July 26, 2010 02:20PM
Sky sports.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 26, 2010 02:35PM
Posted by: senninho
So, drivers aren't allowed to defend their position at all?

Do I understand this correctly?

Date: July 26, 2010 02:47PM
Depends what day it is, essentially.

Branharts official explanation is that the rules say you cannot defend a position at all. Now, if that is the rule then it's a BS rule, but Helio broke it and 'fair enough', he got the penalty. But then my issue becomes - why does the rule change every week? At Toronto the rule was that you chose a line and stuck to it. You can take the inside as long as you don't move back. Most series have that rule and it works well, and that is generally how IndyCar operates. But at Edmonton, Helio was given a penalty for taking the inside line, which is now suddenly illegal?

Why wasn't it illegal in Toronto? And more to the point, which wasn't it illegal at Edmonton when Dario, Dixon, Power, Briscoe, PT and Simona all defended the inside lines? Why was it only when it came down to Helio that it was enforced?

Also - f**k Will Power. I used to like Will, but going on the radio and whining like a little girl because your team mate out raced you (several times), is pathetic. Mike Conway so far is the only IndyCar driver with enough of a spine to call them out on it, which is brilliantly ironic given his spinal injuries from Indy.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 26, 2010 04:20PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I don't follow Indy, but that was f*cked up.
Date: July 26, 2010 06:13PM
Posted by: chet
Missed the race but going by this looked a big incident. Jugding from Helio's reaction too! Unlucky for him I guess :(! What has Penske said about it, they must see his side too? Even if Power doesnt ...

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 26, 2010 08:52PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Someone can correct me here but from what I read Penske was trying to appeal to get 1st place back to Helio.
Date: July 26, 2010 10:21PM
Posted by: senninho
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Depends what day it is, essentially.
>
> Branharts official explanation is that the rules
> say you cannot defend a position at all. Now, if
> that is the rule then it's a BS rule, but Helio
> broke it and 'fair enough', he got the penalty.
> But then my issue becomes - why does the rule
> change every week? At Toronto the rule was that
> you chose a line and stuck to it. You can take the
> inside as long as you don't move back. Most series
> have that rule and it works well, and that is
> generally how IndyCar operates. But at Edmonton,
> Helio was given a penalty for taking the inside
> line, which is now suddenly illegal?
>
> Why wasn't it illegal in Toronto? And more to the
> point, which wasn't it illegal at Edmonton when
> Dario, Dixon, Power, Briscoe, PT and Simona all
> defended the inside lines? Why was it only when it
> came down to Helio that it was enforced?
>

That's how i read it. What on earth happened to the US open-wheel series that was full of wheel-to-wheel action, eh? I guess this is all in the name of 'safety', on a ridiculously wide apron :S

Date: July 27, 2010 02:21AM
Posted by: Thunderknight
Helio has got lots of problems during his career (i remember most the last years problems witch cost him the first race of the season), seems that someone doesn´t want him to be a champion... (N)

For me, the move was legal (i got doubs about the rule about the line, not sure, but always speaking in my terms), and Edmonton is not a good track when we come to "line" terms. Helio defended well his position, and didn´t change line that much, but of course, as he didn´t made his drive-throught, that complicates things...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

GP4 Projects: - Button, Hamilton, Di Resta, Kovalainen and Ricciardo F1 2012 Helmets Released -
My GP4 Workthread
Date: August 29, 2010 03:42AM
Dario is amazing, Chip and co put him up there but it was his speed and most of all his experience what got him the victory.... well done, and Power finished 17th!! what more could one ask?;)
Date: September 09, 2010 06:45PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
i think the issue wasnt with helio defending, the drivers were told to not cross a imaginary line that they were told about.

I started watching the IRL lately since PT is getting a few rides here and there and to be honest the whole series is @#$%&.

cant pass on ovals, the tyres dont even seem to wear? its flat chat on any oval they go to. hell in iRacing i can run flat out around new hampshire in race trim. everyone just low lines so you cant pass on the outside. not to mention the cars are ugly and the commentators are some of the worst i have heard.

but lets hope the new car that comes fixes it a bit. I somehow doubt it will, and if anything being as ugly as it is its going to turn sponsors away. and they neeeed sponsors bad!!

Date: September 09, 2010 07:32PM
NeilPearson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think the issue wasnt with helio defending, the
> drivers were told to not cross a imaginary line
> that they were told about.
>
> I started watching the IRL lately since PT is
> getting a few rides here and there and to be
> honest the whole series is @#$%&.
>
> cant pass on ovals, the tyres dont even seem to
> wear? its flat chat on any oval they go to.
> hell in iRacing i can run flat out around new
> hampshire in race trim. everyone just low lines
> so you cant pass on the outside. not to mention
> the cars are ugly and the commentators are some of
> the worst i have heard.
>
> but lets hope the new car that comes fixes it a
> bit. I somehow doubt it will, and if anything
> being as ugly as it is its going to turn sponsors
> away. and they neeeed sponsors bad!!

it's all in your first paragraph....... CART died because of it... they managed to turn the fans away, and this approach could kill this series too, is not as if it was the most watched series, or the most important one... i love motorsport, but i can't bother to compromise myself to watch this series because of some of the stuff you mentioned.. when they're on i can watch, but i don't follow their calendar or anything, and i love watching any series, Moto Gp, F1, Nascar, WRC.... i can't imagine how it is for the regular John who just wants to have some fun.

and to add to all, if someone just runs wide they bring out a yellow flag to kill all the anticipation and battles and it stays yellow for 3 laps minimum
Date: September 09, 2010 09:28PM
i think the issue wasnt with helio defending, the drivers were told to not cross a imaginary line that they were told about.

And yet almost the entire grid crossed it to defend at some point during the race - off the top of my head that includes helio, power, dario, dixon, pt and punch of the generic cars at the back. But the rule was only applied when it came to the lead battle at the end. Apply them all the time, or none of the time, don't pick and choose when you apply the rules. That was the issue.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 17, 2010 05:54AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
or just not have such an idiotic rule in the first place!

Date: November 28, 2010 12:01PM
Posted by: phatdaddy
I saw this race. Helio was not blocking. He moved over to take the proper line for the next corner. Blocking a defined by the rules, is to move offline to purposefully keep another car from passing you. Helio did not do this.
Date: May 30, 2011 04:34AM
Posted by: Rod_vs
JR Hildebrand EPIC FAIL!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: May 30, 2011 04:54AM
that's gonna hunt him for the rest of his life... poor fella...

he won't sleep today.. who would??.. i bet he's analyzing all the posible scenarios he could've choosen to avoid that..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy