Indy Car Viewing

Posted by marcl 
Re: Indy Car Viewing
Date: May 30, 2011 03:05PM
Posted by: J i m
That last lap was a bit "Hollywood", just not in the way the "US of A" would have intended ;)

Date: October 02, 2011 10:37PM
Posted by: chet
:D! what a finish!

Ed was celebrating before he crossed the line!!!

I like Dario, but im glad he didnt win!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 04, 2011 10:40PM
Posted by: andreigp4
Is it just me or Indycar looks better than F1 on TV (filters, image, camera angles, etc.)? BTW Versus coverage is a bit boring.

____
Date: October 04, 2011 10:52PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Ovals are generally easier to cover and get a sense of speed from than road courses. IndyCar on road courses are very very poor to watch, both racing wise and TV coverage.

Since Brian has decided he's literally going to make up the rules as he goes along, I've given up on IndyCar. Even watching Dario win won't keep me watching this disgrace.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 05, 2011 01:49AM
Posted by: Racer#73
andreigp4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is it just me or Indycar looks better than F1 on
> TV (filters, image, camera angles, etc.)? BTW
> Versus coverage is a bit boring.

Every TV coverage of a race that goes to a commercial every 5 laps, is boring...
Date: October 16, 2011 10:19PM
Posted by: Alesi no1
Prayers with Dan..that was a horrendus pileup :(
Date: October 17, 2011 12:07AM
Posted by: Alesi no1
RIP Dan wheldon..a class driver who will be missed :(
Date: October 17, 2011 12:17AM
Posted by: flat tyre
Can't believe it :( RIP Dan... I find this hard to believe...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: October 17, 2011 12:24AM
Posted by: loren
:( RIP Dan.

I am done watching this series. I am sick of watching crashes like this occurring because of stupid drivers who have no respect for each others safety, and incompetent officials who run races on tracks which are meant for NASCAR. And their solution is to put fenders on their pathetic new spec racer. The management of this series has been absolute crap since it was formed and it has gotten even worse in the last couple of years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2011 12:26AM by loren.
Date: October 17, 2011 12:28AM
Posted by: senninho
Heartbreaking. RIP Dan.

Date: October 17, 2011 12:34AM
Posted by: matt3454
I don't watch Indycar but this has really hit me hard, such shocking news to hear a driver being killed in a such a well known series.

Rest in peace Dan :(

Date: October 17, 2011 02:04AM
Posted by: andreigp4
Of course there are moments that you wonder how long you should be doing it because there are other aspects which are not nice, of this lifestyle. But I just love winning.
Ayrton Senna

Dan died... but he died doing what he loved! God bless him...

____
Date: October 17, 2011 05:49AM
Posted by: Slash
My GOD! i'm just gutted.... i got here in NY few days ago, couldn't watch the race but my dad called and told me... so sad news, really unbeliavable.. i'm gutted, i really am...

but yeah i agree with Loren, these guys... there are some drivers out there who just have no sense of reality.. one thing is having gutts and pulling daredevil moves, but another thing is playing to be... this series is full of drivers who jut want to intimidate other by running as close as posible, they recieved a warning with Kenny Brack's accident a couple of years ago, but they didn't learn... Dario's been a champion of this series many times and he never takes uncalculated risks... why can't the other behave like that?

Dan's been a fair driver ever since i started watching him, and to be a victim of some other guys incompetence is just absurd...

Petrov's accident yesterday was ridiculous, shiould've never happened... you need guts, but you need a head as well.... you're not risking your life only but the guys around you as well
Date: February 14, 2012 09:55PM
Posted by: slicer
So about the original question of this thread.... I had the same question too but it looks as if it never really got answered. Just to add to the convo before and not come off as a lifeless idiot I feel for Dan as well. Never thought I would witness anything like that in my lifetime.

But onto business. I'm going to Long Beach this year and I want to get a good feel of what is going on there and who are the better drivers so I know who to pester for interviews. I don't have Versus or ESPN or anything like that. I hear they show some stuff on ABC, or CBS, or one of those alphabet soup channels.. And I also heard something about possible streaming on the website (?). Any other streams out there? Any other methods of even watching?

-------------------------------------------------
Yes, thank you for noticing I am the most amazing being in the galaxy.
Date: February 15, 2012 04:44PM
Dario Franchitti and the rest, you'l pretty much notice who grab the most attention, but Dario above all, favourite driver since 1998
Date: April 01, 2012 09:19PM
Anybody been watching it? I was pretty skeptical about the new car, but the racing has been excellent so far, and the new management seem to be doing a good job.
Date: April 30, 2012 10:44PM
jjust watched my first race of the year yesterday..

i can't beleive people are worried aout F1 Platypus noses... those Indy cars are the worst i've seen.
Date: May 01, 2012 04:46PM
Posted by: marcl
Will Power is just too good, hes just faster than the rest even on the slower tyres.
Date: May 02, 2012 12:28AM
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> jjust watched my first race of the year
> yesterday..
>
> i can't beleive people are worried aout F1
> Platypus noses... those Indy cars are the worst
> i've seen.

They definitely take some getting used to. A bit like the nose from the mid-90's Lola F3000/FNippon cars grafted onto the back end of an LMP.

On the plus side, they are properly wide and low, as opposed to modern F1 cars which have proportions like railway cars.
Date: May 20, 2012 07:41PM
They are truly dreadful looking in the speedway trim though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy