Nascar discussion *Contains spoilers*

Posted by chet 
Re: Nascar discussion *Contains spoilers*
Date: May 30, 2011 05:01AM
Posted by: Slash
oh man... everybody wanted JR to win so bad, including myself and NASCAR (obviously)... but i guess Harvick winning it prevented a controversy

yay for Kevin, i guess this guarantees him a place in the chase?
Date: June 01, 2011 01:18PM
Posted by: chet
[jalopnik.com]

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 07, 2011 03:32PM

i'm so glad Mr Childress didn't even talk with him.. the guy's been looking for it for a while... his older sister got punched and shut by Jimmy Spencer, i hope little Kyle learns something out of it, even without a teeth LMAO

150000? for Childress?, that's loose change, i'm sure he's relieved he got to perform a dental work on Kyle, too bad Bush was not man enough to fight Harvick couple of weeks ago
Date: June 08, 2011 12:36AM
I want Kyle in F1 because he is such a tw*t!! Plus he is an awesome driver but yeah :p! He did shown up, and I hope it sorts his attitude out! Still, he is the kind of guy F1 needs! I would be a huuuuge fan if he went for it lol!

Was quite a good race. Jnr is getting closer :p!

Date: June 09, 2011 02:51PM
have to say, been surprised by his performances..and the guy is 3rd in standings, not bad, not bad at all
Date: June 26, 2011 12:48PM
Jacques did a big silly yesterday. Ruined a great days work by taking an over ambitious move. 3rd is lucky. Was a good race still. Looking forward to the race later :). Hopefully should see some good action from JPM :).

Date: June 27, 2011 12:03PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
have to say, some of the drivers in NASCAR need a kick in the head.

tony stewart for one. - @#$%& epic that vickers paid him back in such awesome fashion

Montoya for another - Driving over other cars to pass them, and then claiming that no one else knows how to road race. as kahne said. YUMAD Bro?

Date: June 27, 2011 12:48PM
Agreed!

I would say the incident with Brad was Brad's fault. He had no reason to bump Montoya like that, but the other incidents were entirely Montoya's fault. Still, it seems when they get to road courses most forget how to race. I would put it down to the track more than anything though. The races at Watkins tend to be cleaner, its just here.

Date: June 27, 2011 12:52PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Since NASCAR announced drivers will not be punished for acting like this, the drivers will continue to do so.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 27, 2011 02:58PM
i don't know really well what the overtaking procedure is in NASCAR, but imho Montoya was wrong judging other people skills in road courses.. he took Khane out even if he says he didn't gave him space, there was no space there (to my knowledge in normal racing standards)... he just dove his bumper down the inside without outbraking Khane, he wasn't even side by side it was just his bumper clipping Khanes rear right tyre...
he really looked out of shape he might've been frustrated by his performance because he gained a place but then lost 2, and the car didn't seemed that bad.. with Brad was pretty much the same thing, it was the consequence of his own actions, he did the same maneuver, Brad was good to anticipate it and gave him space, but then at the exit he pushed Brad and then Brad must've "had enough", and tbh i would've done the same.... is ok to overtake a rival in a hard maneuver if the rival is playing hard, but he was just abusing of Brad's "clean" racing..

i don't know how these guys get in trouble when they know they have a car good enough to fight for victory, Stewart was another one... Gordon finished 2nd, and Montoya was ahead of him when he first tried to overtake Khane...
Date: June 27, 2011 04:21PM
Looking at the incidents for Montoya. They were terrible. But looking at the Brad incident again... I cant help but think Brad was playing a team game there to help Kurt. Then again, Montoya had it coming, I just wish it had been someone else who had reason to give it to him!

Date: June 27, 2011 04:23PM
But as bad as JPM was, it doesn't matter. NASCAR has said it's ok to drive like that.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 27, 2011 11:51PM
Posted by: loren
There are big differences between racing incidents, downright boneheaded driving, and intentionally causing crashes. The first is going to happen, and I don't buy the current F1 thought that every incident has to be penalized. The second is always going to happen occasionally, but it shouldn't be allowed to go unpunished. The third can never, ever be allowed. NASCAR doesn't seem to get it though. Apparently they're much more concerned about people punching it out in the pits than they are with the guys taking out their aggression with 3500 lb cars.
Date: June 28, 2011 12:38PM
Brad = "It was pretty obvious that it was eat or be eaten and I wasn't going to be eaten."

So, it was be overtaken, or wreck someone who does overtake.

Either way, with Daytona coming up these drivers so pick the wrong races to make grudges :p!

Date: June 28, 2011 01:53PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brad = "It was pretty obvious that it was eat or
> be eaten and I wasn't going to be eaten."
>
> So, it was be overtaken, or wreck someone who does
> overtake.
>
> Either way, with Daytona coming up these drivers
> so pick the wrong races to make grudges :p!

Montoya just got karma'd is all.

Date: June 28, 2011 02:18PM
So, it was be overtaken, or wreck someone who does overtake.

But like I said, that's how NASCAR is wanting them to play. They now ENCOURAGE cars to wreck each other with this "boys have at it" crap.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 11, 2011 03:35AM
that Kurt Busch deserves a beating, a hardcore one, for a loooong time.., the guy is just too emotional, he can't race Johnson for @#$%&!
Date: September 11, 2011 10:56AM
JJ's attempt was pretty awful! More damage to his car than Kurts!

Disappointed with 15th for JPM. Looked like a real top 3 guy today but around the half way point he just started to fall back. Still was good to see him back up there. He's had an awful season so this was nice.

Brad's really come on, he's my tip for the chase but then I think the two guys going in with the best head are Jeff and Kyle!
Date: September 11, 2011 05:11PM
i agree, Jeff is going to be very strong, i hope it's between Jeff and Harvick, for me the best drivers out there... but the 48 always appears, always! (N)
Date: September 11, 2011 05:21PM
His awful attempt to wreck Busch will come back to bite him when in matters though. Busch wont sit back and you can almost be sure JJ will be regretting that move because his fight in the chase could hinge on it.

It was a silly mistake by Busch, he tried to avoid the contact but JJ's reaction was poor, as was his pay back :p

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy