Free World Series by Renault Tickets! Silverstone

Posted by DJSKYLINE 
Re: Free World Series by Renault Tickets! Silverstone
Date: June 07, 2009 08:03PM
Posted by: Peat
I have a love/hate relationship with this event. I LOVE that you can go there for free and see some top(ish)line, competitive motorsport.

But on the flipside, with the free thing, you get a circuit full of screaming kids and abnoxious parents. I was thinking about marshalling for this event and was told that a few guys had all there gear knicked from behind thier backs when stood on post. Disgraceful.

Still, might pop up on the saturday.

just how bad is traffic for silverstone events? I know Bazza had problems from northampton. I'd be coming from loughborough, ie southbound M1 to junc 15a or something. should take an hour under normal traffic (planning to have the full day) so should i leave an extra hour?

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
I went to this last year. Traffic wasnt bad from north. When you get really close theres quite a queue but its a free day out, I didnt get fed up with the traffic :D

stream for race 1 of the FR3.5 at hungaroring: [nl.justin.tv]
if anyone would be interested ;)

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
This gets ever closer, and more and more I'm finding it hard not to go, despite the fact I have no money whatsoever!!!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

It's a bloody good day out just leave early. I genuinely didn't expect it to be busy. and I didn't leave Northampton till 10.15 (after a Maccy D's breakfast) so I drove straight into the worst bit of traffic. I'll be there bright an early this year however as I'm now working the whole weekend for one of the Eurocup FRenault teams...

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
lanky180 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cheap stay in milton keynes?

stayin 1 mile outside centre at holiday inn Friday nite is £47. Saturday nite is £52
Hope the weather is good, so far the forecast says a few showers :(

I'm there now and it's HOTTTT and Sunny! pack your sun screen people!

Steve McQueen.
Yeh cool, im watchin live on eurosport now. Cant wait till tomorrow :)

Anyone got any pictures of this? Would have gone, but was at Goodwood :P

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
i look like a panda after saturday haha

ive got a 135 pictures uploaded to my Facebook, and about 5 videos out of 50+ uploaded onto youtube.

[www.youtube.com]
I'd be interested to see some pics mate. Don't suppose you got any of the Formula Renault UK cars did you?? Infact more importantly The Hitech Junior team....

Steve McQueen.
went there on Saturday and got these pics from the pit straight grandstand - just compressing some videos to upload as well, enjoy

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 07:14PM by ferrariman.
If anyone wants any high-res versions, pm me
not sure wat teams there dont really follow World Series only went coz it was free :P

[www.facebook.com] 135+ pictures there
Nice collection of pics there mate. Unfortunately none of the car i run :( never mind. hope you had a good day.

Steve McQueen.
bazza_racer Wrote:
> Nice collection of pics there mate. Unfortunately
> none of the car i run :( never mind. hope you had
> a good day.

How did you get into that? must have been exciting
ferrariman Wrote:
> How did you get into that? must have been exciting

I used to race Karts when I was younger, but I'm not naive enough to think I could be good enough to make a living from it. So I went to college and studied a mechanics course. I saw a race team was looking for weekend junior mechanics, so applied for that and got it. I then got back into racing myself, actually became an Instructor at a race school. I've been doing little bits and pieces for Kart teams... but have decided to get back into spannering properly again.

Our weekend was a bit dull tbh. We had a very odd timetable. Practise 5pm fri, Qualy 6pm sat and then we were the first and last races of the day on Sunday. so there was lots of time to stand around and top up the T-shirt tan. lol Was such a busy weekend. after the first race our cars went into parc ferme for almost an hour. When they released them and we could take them back to the awning, it took us 45 mins to get through all the people and other cars!!! mental?!

Steve McQueen.
I did a 1 year foundation engineering course at UWE Bristol, is this the sort of thing that i could try and get into this kinda thing with. but now am studying 3D animation at Bournemouth so moving slightly away from engineering. do you have to have alot of knowledge?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy