Free World Series by Renault Tickets! Silverstone

Posted by DJSKYLINE 
probably... you don't need to know everything about everything. A general idea of how a car works would help. I've found that experience makes up for qualifications. You might find that if you have a few spare weekends it could be worth getting in touch with some race teams and seeing if they need help for race weekends. You'll find that a lot of them are willing to help, especially if they're getting something back in return (your labour) and it'll help you learn too. When I was 16 i used to help out a Fford team, I went along and basically polished the cars lol. I learned an awful lot though. Each car is different so it's like learning soemthing new all the time. I'm running a Formula Renault, a few weeks ago I didn't really have a clue about them. now after taking them apart and putting them back together again (alot) I know my way around it pretty well.

Get stuck in mate!

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Meh, I'd quite like to do that really. But sadly, I'm only 14.

Oh well. Pictures of Goodwood are coming.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
What a fantastic weekend that was. Loved every minute of it!

Best bits was making my way out to Stowe to watch the Eurocup 2.0 on Saturday afternoon. And early on Sunday morning watching the first Renault UK series race from Abbey. She wasn't fussed about going until they all came racing into the chicane for the first time.....she couldn't leave her seat after that!

The conversation went like this,

Me:"I'm not going to be offended if you're bored and want to go somewhere else"
My Mrs: "No way! I want to see another lap!"

Next time they come into the chicane,

"Oh my God, oh my God they're going to hit each other!....he's on the grass!.....wooaaah!....I'm not going to cope with this excitement all day!"

Made my day watching her enjoy it! I wish I could repay the enthusiasm when she takes me to a modern art gallery.

I will definitly be going again next year. I can't believe I don't go to more races. Touring Cars next I think! Not sure which circuit I'd want to see them at though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2009 09:40PM by Gord_on_wheels.
for touring cars i personally think either thruxton or Brands Hatch. Someones bound to lose it at paddock hill bend in either the touring cars or the support races, makes spectacular viewing. going to dtm there in september which should be good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 08:31PM by ferrariman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy