Future of BTCC

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Future of BTCC
Date: March 01, 2009 08:10PM
Posted by: Glyn
Is it me or does that rear spoiler look like an after thought? Looks a bit small :P

Date: March 01, 2009 09:21PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
I think spoilers can only be so... big. and the focus is a tank of a car. but you're right it does look a little ot of place
Date: March 02, 2009 01:35AM
Posted by: chet
Lol!

Abit off-topic, but this new range of Fords really are great cars and look fantastic!!!!

Driven the Mondeo quite abit, and the new Fiesta is also great! Cant comment on the others but they all look good!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 02, 2009 02:21AM
lol. not too bad at all. I spent 5 weeks in Barcelona last year for the european launch of the new fiesta. We had the first batch that were made and they were shocking!!! Pre-production models. I can't stand to look at them now :S
Date: March 20, 2009 10:30PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Few of this years cars -

This year's Team Dynamics, looks like they've lost their Halfords sponsorship.

New team, Team CVR.

Horrible Focus :(

Only two places left on the grid, Matt Jackson ain't re-entering his BMW this year :( Plato looks certain to get a drive in a Chevrolet Lacetti, no idea who's gonna be in the 2nd Ford yet, Onslow-Cole would be a good choice though :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2009 10:32PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: March 21, 2009 12:24AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
So Honda, Seat, Ford, Chevrolet and probably BMW as the car entrants. So why ain't Jackson in the Beamer this year? And what's so horrible about that Focus? Doesn't look much different to the road-going version.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 21, 2009 03:07AM
Oh no you got me wrong, the car itself if peachy, love Ford Focuses :) But the livery just looks completely half arsed and crap ;)

Dunno why Jackson isn't in this year, probably the family team couldn't raise the funds or something... Gutting though as he was one of the most exciting drivers on the grid!

Date: March 22, 2009 08:31PM
Posted by: Peat
His sponsor was a car dealer. Not a great time for selling cars.

Date: March 23, 2009 11:10PM
Posted by: Shinnbob
[www.autosport.com]

Some great shots to see this years cars and liveries

Date: March 23, 2009 11:43PM
Posted by: Shinnbob
I think i am addicted to Facebook pages. BTCC:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 24, 2009 05:01PM
Posted by: chet
Gutted about Jackson. Deffo one of the best throughout the year. Thankfully his best races were always the onces I imaged to watch last year!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 24, 2009 09:05PM
Posted by: EC83
Just got this off the TouringCarTimes website. Apologies in advance if it's already been posted elsewhere in the forum.

The races for 2009 are as follows:

Rounds 1-3 - 4 to 5 April - Brands Hatch
Rounds 4-6 - 25 to 26 April - Thruxton
Rounds 7-9 - 16 to 17 May - Donington Park
Rounds 10-12 - 30 to 31 May - Oulton Park
Rounds 13-15 - 13 to 14 June - Croft
Rounds 16-18 - 01 to 02 August - Snetterton
Rounds 19-21 - 15 to 16 August - Knockhill
Rounds 22-24 - 29 to 30 August - Silverstone
Rounds 25-27 - 19 to 20 September - Rockingham
Rounds 28-30 - 03 to 04 October - Brands Hatch

Judging by the test photos from this month the grid is looking nice! It's looking like there'll be the healthiest and most diverse field in the BTCC since 1998 :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 09:08PM by EC83.
Date: April 02, 2009 07:18PM
Plato in RML Chevrolet for Brands
Jason Plato in a privately-entered RML Chevrolet Lacetti is a dramatic late entry for Sunday’s (5 April) opening round of the HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship at Brands Hatch.

Oxford-based Plato, one of the BTCC’s star attractions and who has become an arch rival to Vauxhall’s reigning champion Fabrizio Giovanardi in recent years, had looked likely to sit out 2009 after his SEAT team withdrew at the end of last season.

But this morning Plato and the Wellingborough-based RML squad – which runs Chevrolet’s World Touring Car programme – have struck a late deal to appear at Brands Hatch this weekend.

More here - [www.btcc.net]

Damnit.... ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 07:19PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: April 02, 2009 09:36PM
Do we know if this is for real??? the date on the article is the 01/04/09 ?!?!?!
Will be very interesting if it is....

****EDIT****
Just seen the exact same article on RML's website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 09:39PM by bazza_racer.
Date: April 03, 2009 07:03PM
Should be, theres been strong rumors for a while that he was gonna run in the Lacetti, apparantly RML have a 3rd Lacetti too, but haven't announced the driver as of yet.

Date: April 03, 2009 11:45PM
Posted by: Red Sam
tbh i can take or leave Plato as a driver - but for the series, it is important that he is here

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: April 04, 2009 12:11AM
Posted by: EC83
Plato is always an entertaining driver, whether he's winning or getting involved in incidents. He seemed to go through a period of being particularly accident-prone 3-4 years ago, but would appear to have put that behind him recently. Agreed, it's definitely great that he's here.

He's had some really good drives over the years - his drives in the Seat Toledo in 2004 in particular stand out for me as awesome.

Date: April 05, 2009 05:10PM
not sure if this has posted anywhere else (sorry if it has) but anyone wanting to catch the BTCC/ toca meeting live in the Uk can view it here: [www.itv.com] just click 'Watch ITV4 live' Race3 is on at 5.20pm should be good.

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: April 09, 2009 09:29PM
Posted by: Glyn
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Plato is always an entertaining driver, whether
> he's winning or getting involved in incidents.

He didn't fail to entertain in the final race at the weekend :)

Date: April 20, 2009 05:55PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
vauxhall pulling out after 09! thats not good :(

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy