Future of BTCC

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: Future of BTCC
Date: September 22, 2008 11:54PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Ted isn't as bad as that coloured women. She didn't know what she was doing, who she was talking to, and even the drivers seemed confused.

John George has a broken sternum and fractured ribs

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2008 12:05AM by DaveEllis.
Date: September 23, 2008 09:37AM
Posted by: gav
Apparently she kept calling Matt Neal Giovanardi at a previous event...
Date: September 23, 2008 12:20PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ted isn't as bad as that coloured women. She
> didn't know what she was doing, who she was
> talking to, and even the drivers seemed confused.

I thought Ted was alright, bit dodgy in places but perfectly acceptable for BTCC :) agree with Dave though the bird is bloody terrible!! Hopefully Louise Goodman can replace her when she's out of a job with F1 ;)

> John George has a broken sternum and fractured
> ribs

Jesus! Knew it was a bad shunt but thought he was fine, just a bit out of sorts :\

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: September 23, 2008 12:38PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
IMO BTCC would do well to implement a few of NASCAR's car safety features, in particular the seats.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: September 23, 2008 09:02PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
I do not see Ford entering the s2000 spec fiesta, it wouldn't fit into the win on sunday sell on monday ideal, with Ford about to launch the next generation Fiesta. (Which is currently having it's european dealer launch in Barcelona atm) They make a 1.9 TDCi which looks quite nice but I think it's a bit too small. Surely if Ford were to enter they'd go the Mondeo route??????? taking on the Vectra? bring on the war of the rep mobiles lol.

@Turkey Machine.

Implement a few more of nascar's safety features?????

- Do you feel that the BTCC isn't very safe? I thought it's safety record was pretty good.

Admitedly there are a few hefty shunts but (touch wood) drivers usually walk away with little more than a few bruises and a hole in the wallet.

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: September 23, 2008 09:33PM
it wouldn't fit into the win on sunday sell on monday ideal

That ideal was removed from motorsports many years ago.

BTCC safety is fine. Just need the drivers to stop driving like complete morons and it'd be great. Goerges accident was because Turner was being a prick, nothing more.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 23, 2008 10:42PM
Decided to capture the draw for the grid of race 3, as I just think it's hilarious. :D

kravitz_btcc_race3-draw.avi

Right click, save target as. Standard XviD. 5mb.

//edit: my space has just gone down... give it a mo :D

//edit2: nevermind, it's back up again. :P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2008 10:43PM by gav.
Date: September 23, 2008 11:06PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
nice one gav!!! love it when he tries to be cool and bounce the ball on the table,and it bounces away from him. lol nice one Ted! too funny?!

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: September 24, 2008 11:01AM
Did he think Matt Jackson tried to bounce it, then tried it himself, only difference is he lost it :D Now unlike James Allen been a pillac, Ted Kravitz is just plain funny! Gotta keep him next year just for comical value ;)

I would like to see the Mondeo in BTCC, mainly due to the fact that I got so fed up of the "boy racer" hot hatches just after the demise of the Super Touring rules. I'd settle for the Focus too, but the Fiesta, I think its just as bad as Vauxhall's idea of replacing the Astra with the Corsa.

Agree with Dave, I'm glad Turners out of a job and hope he dosn't pick up another, he's just as bad as Chilton. For anyone who hasn't seen it heres the accident -

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2008 11:03AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: September 24, 2008 01:21PM
I can't see that here (County Council have blocked Youtube (idiots... teachers actually use it in lessons, and I need to see my daily funnies!)), but from what I saw at the time, 2 different views give 2 different stories. George turned right a bit in order to get a slightly better line for the chicane, while Turner turned left, a little more than George turned right) at the same time.

If you're going to apportion blame, then it ought to be at Turners door I guess, but then, George did go slightly towards Turner too, turning right (or drifting right as the course went left) on a 'straight' consisting of multiple left-handers and left-hand kinks.
Date: September 24, 2008 02:15PM
Posted by: Peat
As regards to Kravitz, i loved the Andrew Jordan 'handshake' incident...

Date: September 24, 2008 03:41PM
gav Wrote:
> If you're going to apportion blame, then it ought
> to be at Turners door I guess, but then, George
> did go slightly towards Turner too, turning right
> (or drifting right as the course went left) on a
> 'straight' consisting of multiple left-handers and
> left-hand kinks.

Way I see it is George had a reason to go right, and tbh he didn't really come across that far, Turner should have known better and stayed put, daft place to even try and overtake! :\

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2008 03:42PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: October 03, 2008 03:50PM
Andrew Jordan's finally traded in the Integra! -

[www.btcc.net]

Only problem is now he's got a Vectra :\

Date: October 03, 2008 05:28PM
Posted by: EC83
Well at least he'll have a car that's damn good. He needs one after the great promise he showed this season. It's impressive that the Integra stayed so competitive for so long

Date: October 14, 2008 01:23AM
Posted by: Graham
The BTCC will never be like it was 10-15 years ago, even with Alan Gow coming back to run the series the major manufacturers arent bothered with touring cars anymore.

i cant see the btcc improving in the next 2-3 years unless the likes of bmw,ford,nissan and toyota come back, but as dave pointed out their interest is else where.

if you want to see good btcc racing get on ebay and buy the 92,94 and 96 season reviews, its never going to be like that again.
Date: October 14, 2008 01:27AM
BTCC won't be big because Sportscars are now cheaper than they used to be. Won't get many privateers wanting to prat about Croft in a FWD Astra when they can take a GT3 Porsche out to any number of series.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 20, 2008 06:17PM
Posted by: Shinnbob
Hope Nissan can put some money towards a team again, i miss the old days of Leslie Reid and Aiello. Good times

Date: October 22, 2008 12:57AM
Posted by: LS.
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Ted isn't as bad as that coloured women. She
> didn't know what she was doing, who she was
> talking to, and even the drivers seemed confused.
>

Her name is Jane Omorogbe & she used to be a gladiator on the tv series, she also used to be an ambulance driver.

Apparently thats enough to land a job on the British Superbikes coverage too :p

TV companys seem to have quota's to fill when it comes to female tv presenters hence her & Charlie Webster from the GP2 coverage, you could also go so far as Georgie Thomson from Sky's A1GP coverage.

None of them seem knowledgable or interested in what they are doing, with the exceptions of Louise Goodman & Susie Perry ( Although i'm not a fan of Perry's, i think she only does it because of her gender and she's apparently attractive!)

I'm not against women involved in motorsport by any stretch, i find Louise Goodman very good at what she does. She's enthusiastic and knows what she's talking about and conveys that to the camera and thats whats needed, not some ill informed eye candy, that benefits who exactly?

Its not all one sided either, as a prime example of putting someone in a job they were out of their depth in, was Jim Rosenthal.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2008 01:00AM by LS..
Date: November 29, 2008 07:43PM
[www.btcc.net]

Looks like the Focus ST will be on the grid next year, however its through Arena International as an Independent entry, hope they have plenty of spares since they've hired Chilton ;)

But hey, extra teams! So next year there should be at least 4 different makes of car battling at the front (Honda, Seat, Vauxhall and Ford) just a pity only 1 of them is a works manufacturer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2008 08:04PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: November 30, 2008 12:47AM
Posted by: Fred
Ianwoollam Wrote:
>
> But hey, extra teams! So next year there should be
> at least 4 different makes of car battling at the
> front (Honda, Seat, Vauxhall and Ford)

What about BMW? Or did I miss something?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy