Re: Future of BTCC
Date: November 30, 2008 01:10AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Oh yeah, woops! 5 different makes :D

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: December 01, 2008 02:05AM
Posted by: Shinnbob
Its good too see more makes in BTCC, Ford will make a welcome return, please bring back Nissan next!!

Date: December 03, 2008 01:02PM
[www.btcc.net]

Another new team has appeared, running a pair of Chevrolet Lacetti's :)

Date: December 05, 2008 06:05AM
Posted by: Shinnbob
Lacettis were relatively weak this year, i guess being a new car for the series a lack of running cost them data and driving experience. WTCC has shown they can be a much more competitive car than they showed in the BTCC.

Forgot to mention how happy i am that Chilton is driving the new Ford next year. Usually the new cars get lumbered on average drivers (like the Lacettis this year), but Chilton, as precarious as his driving is sometimes, is a good driver, have seen him race live a few times and always looked strong. Should really be a good indicator of how competitive the car really is

Date: December 05, 2008 11:15AM
Shinnbob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lacettis were relatively weak this year, i guess
> being a new car for the series a lack of running
> cost them data and driving experience. WTCC has
> shown they can be a much more competitive car than
> they showed in the BTCC.

Well that wasn't really the complete story, that Lacetti was a 2005 model, as you say it had an inexperienced driver with a team who had no idea how to set the car up and way too many cars on their plate (Think they had 2 Lacetti's, Integra and a Civic at one point!), but Harry Vaulkhard still managed to pick up some points which wasn't bad going :) This team should be different, for starters Vaulkhard's got a years experience in one of them, they are the 2008 models raced in WTCC, and even though they are a new team they've got assistance from RML who ran those exact cars last year in WTCC. Its a bit like the current deal ongoing with BMW Dealer Team UK and RBM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2008 11:16AM by Ianwoollam.
Date: December 05, 2008 06:15PM
Posted by: chet
as in reasonably priced car?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 09, 2008 10:06PM
Posted by: ADx_Wales
I think BTCC 2009 is probably going to be the third season that a Daewoo Lacetti will be used in the btcc, im guessing it will be season four that they will get their first win, it took some time for a super-2000 spec BMW to get competitive in the BTCC while being run by (arguably) uncompetitive teams and then finally making the grade via West Surrey Racing and Mat Jackson's team last season, im gonna say give it until the end of the 2009 season for a Lacetti to get into the top 3, and they shouldnt bother trying if they dont get a win in 2010. However this still doesnt explain the performance of the Seat's in their first season (2004), but im guessing thats down to more factory support, which in the wake of Honda pulling the plug on their F1 money-pit, is going to be unlikely for future BTCC entrants.
Date: December 10, 2008 11:12AM
I dunno tbh, I mean F1 is a moneypit, but BTCC's budget for a team is far far smaller... Hell not next year, but 2010 may see Honda popping back into the BTCC Championship properly :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2008 02:31PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: January 26, 2009 08:38PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
ADx_Wales Wrote:
> I think BTCC 2009 is probably going to be the
> third season that a Daewoo Lacetti will be used in
> the btcc, im guessing it will be season four that
> they will get their first win, it took some time
> for a super-2000 spec BMW to get competitive in
> the BTCC while being run by (arguably)
> uncompetitive teams and then finally making the
> grade via West Surrey Racing and Mat Jackson's
> team last season, im gonna say give it until the
> end of the 2009 season for a Lacetti to get into
> the top 3, and they shouldnt bother trying if they
> dont get a win in 2010. However this still doesnt
> explain the performance of the Seat's in their
> first season (2004), but im guessing thats down to
> more factory support, which in the wake of Honda
> pulling the plug on their F1 money-pit, is going
> to be unlikely for future BTCC entrants.

Daewoo lacetti...... Chevrolet?!

Slightly different situation there. The BMWs in 06 were the older E46's driven by efectively a gentleman driver. the true potential of the beemers came in when WSR and Mat Jacksons family run team came in with newer E90 shape cars, (Jacksons was priaulx's world championship winning car) and they were on the pace relatively quickly.

I still think the Chevy's will take a while to win a race in britain. They should improve this year, like it's been said already as they have the factory assistance from RML who run the cars in the WTCC. Remember though it's not a works effort. Just a team who have bought some old WTCC machinery so they'll probably be happy with top 10's and points finishes..... and as far as honda goes there hasn't been a full blown works honda team for years, so wouldn't have expected anything different anyway.... NTechnology and team dynamics were both in-house run with no factory support from Honda.
Date: January 28, 2009 07:03PM
James Thompson's been testing the Tempus Chevrolet! Which is quite surprising as I expected him to be driving for Team Halfords next year :o

Date: January 30, 2009 03:43AM
Posted by: mart
[www.autosport.com]

More good news for the BTCC. :)
Date: February 02, 2009 05:52PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
great! plato... get signed ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: February 03, 2009 10:29PM
Posted by: Glyn
Good to see the credit munch isn't effecting everyone...

I wish they'd race the estate car again though just for the comical value we had in the 90s :D

Date: February 05, 2009 03:14PM
Just been reading in Autosport today that apparantly Volvo have approached Team Dynamics to run the C30's :-o

Date: February 09, 2009 01:09AM
Posted by: EC83
WOOOOHOO!! Volvo were always my favourite BTCC manufacturer - especially when they ran the 850s. Hope Rickard Rydell is involved with the project in some way. Him and Jason Plato would be my dream driver pairing! Bring it on!!

Date: February 12, 2009 02:54PM
Theres a lot of BTCC action today in autosport. feature about Ford's return with Mike Earle and Arena motorsport.

James Thompson continuing to drive half the btcc field, testing a motorbase bmw at brands today.

Looks like this is going to be a strong season :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 02:58PM by bazza_racer.
Date: February 13, 2009 06:05PM
Posted by: EC83
Wish ITV would switch their live coverage back to ITV1 - they have no reason not to, now F1's back on the BBC

Date: February 13, 2009 08:35PM
EC83 Wrote:
> Wish ITV would switch their live coverage back to
> ITV1 - they have no reason not to, now F1's back
> on the BBC

Agreed. There coverage on ITV4 dropped off towards the end of the year too and wasn't very good..
Date: February 15, 2009 12:38PM
Problem with ITV1 is, you get the live races (maybe) but you don't get all the support races and what not, which is why I prefer ITV4's coverage. Like been able to watch Porsche Carrera Cup GB :) But next year it should be better as they'll bring people like Louise Goodman and Steve Ryder, seen as they have nothing to do now ;) Just hope to GOD they don't bring James Allen too. Ben Edwards & Tim Harvey ftw :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2009 12:38PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: February 26, 2009 12:00PM

Arena's Ford Focus on track :) Dosn't look too bad actually! Even though I think their sponsor will be the AA this year, so expect a horrible dark yellow and black livery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2009 12:00PM by Ianwoollam.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy