Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: CCWS Sebastien Bourdais whining @ Mt. Tremblant
Date: November 17, 2007 03:26PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
if forsythe get some money PT could be strong

Date: November 17, 2007 06:27PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Gerry doesn't even go to the races anymore. Forsythe is a lost cause.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 18, 2007 04:05AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
I thought Paul Tracy said he is retiring after the 2007 season.
Date: November 18, 2007 05:25AM
there stuffed then.

i never heard anything about it, im sure the commentators for the only race i watched would have mentioned it about 10 billion times at surfers

Date: November 18, 2007 05:55AM
Gerry hasn't been to a race since mid-season, and said he won't return until his team improves...and he said it like it's not his fault and he was telling them to improve.

Gerrys leadership in recent times has gone down the drain. How can you expect to do decently well when your team boss doesn't even turn up? And remember he also owns 49.5% of CCWS, so its one of the main owners not turning up too! It's pretty pathetic.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I'd expect it to be a fight between Wilson, Almendinger. If it's still around. BTW, what's with the crap UK coverage for CCWS? Not even showing highlights on Five, like they used to! :(

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: November 18, 2007 07:34AM
I'd expect it to be a fight between Wilson, Almendinger.

Allmendinger left Champ Car during the 2006 season.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Then it'll be Wilson! I might place a bet on Legge being an outside champion.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

Date: November 18, 2007 01:55PM
want to lose money eh

Date: November 18, 2007 02:01PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
LoL legge ;) hahaha, i bet Doornbos/Power/Wilson, strongest bets ;-)

Date: November 18, 2007 02:44PM
Posted by: chet
if Power is still in it then he could do something.
when i watched him in ausf3 always reminded me of montoya lol.

if ccws does die, will irl go to more road circuits?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
IRL are so reluctant to go for road circuits, because they know the American crowds want oval racing. That's where the money is. I'm sure the drivers would prefer road courses for variety, though I'd ask questions about Road America until the Kink has tyres against the barrier.

Date: November 18, 2007 06:01PM
Legge? She might not even be in CCWS next year..she's just not good enough.

btw, IRL had 5 road course races (out of 17) in 2007, and the ovsls are all so different that they require different aero packages. IRL has just struck on the forumla which made CART so popular in the mid-90s. If it can get higher numbers, it'll be great.

I'm sure the drivers would prefer road courses for variety, though I'd ask questions about Road America until the Kink has tyres against the barrier.

Think you won't find thats the case with the drivers. Anyway, the IRL cars can cope fine with 230mph impacts on an oval. The 120-150mph impact they would take at the kink is nothing. The only safety issue with IRL nowdays is if anyone runs the Panoz chassis, and the CCWS Panoz chassis has the same safety issues.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 20, 2007 09:30PM
I hope Wilson and Power can escape soon!

And isnt it about time PT retired ? :p How old is he now? and how long as he been doing Cart/CCWS ?

Date: November 20, 2007 09:39PM
Age doesn't mean much in America. If you can still drive fast, they'll hire you. Actually in saying that, it doesn't mean much in Europe in GT Championships either. Age is only a factor in the European Single Seater market.

His first CART event was the 1991 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach btw

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 20, 2007 10:20PM
Europe is full of young talent...
America doesnt quite have the size given the size of its country, sure there are some great drivers... I dont really know american motorsport, but what young blood is there in IRL and or other series, thats talented.. ?
Like I said i dont fully know, but as far as I do ALMS top drives are full of experienced quite older heads...

Why hasnt he gone and done anything else? or has he?

Date: November 20, 2007 11:52PM
Who? Paul Tracy? He's raced IROC, NASCAR, CCWS, IRL, Grand Am DPs all in the last few years.

Americans count loads of young talent, especially if you look through series like the regional NASCAR series. They just won't drop somebody for being slightly older.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 21, 2007 08:57AM
Posted by: red 5
@chet, age means nothing in US, here are two extreme(for europe/f1 standards) examples:

Mario Andretti Feb.28.1940. Last race (CART): Laguna Seca 1994 (54 yrs.)

AJ Foyt born Jan.16. 1935, Last race (CART): Indianapolis 500 1994 (59 yrs.)

Date: November 21, 2007 09:22AM
Mario Andretti Feb.28.1940. Last race (CART): Laguna Seca 1994 (54 yrs.)

Last race in 1994, but of course Mario still tested cars for his son Michael in IRL and CART in the late 90s and early 00s as well. Legend.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 21, 2007 03:05PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Here is Mario Andretti testing an IRL car at Indy in 2003 - at the age of 63 - and having one of the biggest crashes in IRL history:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy