Re: CCWS Sebastien Bourdais whining @ Mt. Tremblant
Date: July 05, 2007 05:13PM
Posted by: chet
Chet used to be with Button

Used to be ?

I still am :p!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Ianz is right. ;)

Las Vegas 05, Bourdais runs into the back of tracy, takes tracy out. Whinges for the next week how tracy shouldnt be driving infront of him.

Newman Hass even got on the whinging bandwagon for that.

I spose newman hass and Bourdais go hand in hand, i seen in the 2003 race at surfers, bourdais hit tracy in t1 spun him and pt got going again, then later in the race Junquera (tracys rival for the title) crashed, and tracy's team mate was behind him. Newman hass instantly blamed PT's team mate, but when the footage came up, it showed Carpantier was like 50 metres behind him. haha

Date: July 06, 2007 08:09PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Presuming that Vettel doesnt go there, could these two be teammates at STR next year?

Interesting if so...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Champ Car yesterday promoted Tony Cotman, the man in charge of Race Control of the CCWS events.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this? Cotman is one of the most useless faggots in the history of motorsport, who every week shows hes completly unable to make unbiast and realistic decisions, and often ignores the rule book completly. After champ Car decided to draw a line down the track at Toronto to stop people blocking, Cotman did not once enforce the no blocking rule, leading to several drivers questioning what the point in a rule book is if he only enforces it when he wants. Going back to St Jovite we had Bourdais jumping the start and passing cars under safety car, before that we've had paul tracy blocking massivly illegaly, and nothing was done, and Doornbos not blocking at all and getting penalised for it.

Champ Car claimed the reason Bourdais wasnt penalised for the jump start is because the rule book didnt define a penalty. It said jump starts were illegal, but did not specify a punishment. That to me shows what a mess Champ Car has become. They are fine giving out random penalites, fine not giving them out when they are deserved, the rule book is completly unfinished, and they are promoting people who are crap at there jobs.

Cotman deserves to be sacked for being useless at the job hes meant to do. Now hes executive vice president of Champ Car AND incharge of Race Control! My, how Champ Car has fallen...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Champ Car claimed the reason Bourdais wasnt penalised for the jump start is because the rule book didnt define a penalty. It said jump starts were illegal, but did not specify a punishment.

How the f*** did they get away with that? More to the point, why hasn't Bourdais been fined for it yet?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

&mode=related&search=">
&mode=related&search=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

ROFL! Will Power's reaction was priceless! ;)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: September 02, 2007 07:10PM
Woo, Wilson moves into 2nd in the championship! I hope seb somehow has poor races these last two and wilson takes the champ lol.

Date: September 06, 2007 02:59PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
isnt he like nearly the total amount of avalible points behind?

Date: September 06, 2007 11:57PM
near enough!
but i dont want seb to win this one.
well with him out the way, next years ccws should be quite abit better :).

i quite like will power, and i like justin wilson alot :)

will power reminded me of JPM, that was when he was in Aus f3 though, a very good racer, and imo f1 potential ;-)

Date: September 07, 2007 03:54PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
im thinking ccws wont be around next year. im a way im hoping it wont be

Date: September 07, 2007 04:19PM
Posted by: gary42
If CCWS folds, do you think we'll see Newman-Haas and Forsythe joining IRL?

I agree with Neil, if CCWS does end, it'll be for the better, as we'll return to a single championship and hopefully the best teams, drivers and circuits will move from CCWS to IRL - strengthening the field, and proividing some more opposition to the big three in IRL

Date: September 07, 2007 07:31PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Newman-Haas has already bought into Robert Yates Racing in NASCAR. Preparing for the future? I doubt you'd see Forsythe go over.

IRL has had such a good year compared with the failure of CCWS. I've lost all hope for CCWS.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 07, 2007 08:31PM
NeilPearson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> im thinking ccws wont be around next year. im a
> way im hoping it wont be

:o Is it in that bad of a state ?

Date: September 07, 2007 08:59PM
The management has no clue what they are doing, half the grid of drivers suck, the car is terrible, some of the tracks its going to are rubbish, the racing is bad, the rules are a joke, they keep cancelling races...

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 08, 2007 04:54PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Sounds like the IRL of old in a way...

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: September 08, 2007 05:30PM
That's whats going to help the death of CCWS. Whilst it's at an all time low, IRL is an all time high.

IRL has had a fantastic year. It's had exciting with lot's of action, the cars are safe now that Panoz chassis aren't being used, the mix of tracks is excellent, the driving talent at the front of the field puts CCWS to shame. The car is ugly, but it almost looks good compared to the DP01. Some of the rules (weight regulations and penalties) are sketchy as hell and the points system is strange, but these downsides are passed over when looking at how bad CCWS has become.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 10, 2007 01:25AM
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The management has no clue what they are doing,
> half the grid of drivers suck, the car is
> terrible, some of the tracks its going to are
> rubbish, the racing is bad, the rules are a joke,
> they keep cancelling races...

Lol@canceling races, I know one race was it not long ago was postponded ??

Half the drivers maybe shite, but there are still those select few who are pretty decent, hope they can find something!!

Date: November 17, 2007 02:34PM
Without Sebastian who do you think will take the honours for 2008? Are they using the same car?
I hope Wilson finally does it! 3rd in 2005, and 2nd in 2006 and 2007 :D

still think he could be useful in F1.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy