Posted by kaid 
Re: Audi's nightmare
Date: January 25, 2007 04:10PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i'm afraid i can't see past the fact it's a
> peugeot LOL :S:S:S:S

Exactly. Its a Peugeot, ergo, its going to be rubbish, despite the styling.

Date: January 25, 2007 05:43PM
Posted by: chet
Excuse me?

Are you aware of what they achieved while competing in the Prototype C series??

Basically F1cars with the tyres/suspension being allowed to be covered.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 25, 2007 06:08PM
Posted by: count.bazley
Infact, apart from the 307 WRC car, Peugeot have one of the best records when it comes to both race and rally cars.
Date: March 09, 2007 07:13PM
Just noticed that Peugeot have revaeled the livery, still looks damn good in my opinion!

Date: March 09, 2007 07:38PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Exactly. Its a Peugeot, ergo, its going to be rubbish, despite the styling.

Are you clueless?

PEUGEOT 905

Le Mans 1992 1st, 3rd
Le Mans 1993 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Suzuka 1991 - 1st
Magny Cours 1991 - 1st, 2nd
Mexico 1991 - 1st, 2nd
Silverstone 1992 -1st
Donington 1992 - 1st, 2nd
Suzuka 1992 - 1st
Magny Cours 1992 - 1st, 2nd

1992 Sportscar World Championship Champions

OTHER CARS

1913 Indianapolis 500 - 1st
1916 Indianapolis 500 - 1st
1919 Indianapolis 500 - 1st

WRC 2002, Drivers, Constructors Champions
WRC 2001, Constructors Champions
WRC 2000, Drivers, Constructors Champions
WRC 1986, Drivers, Constructors Champions
WRC 1985, Drivers, Constructors Champions
WRC 1973, Constructors Champions

Paris Dakar 1990 - Champions
Paris Dakar 1989 - Champions
Paris Dakar 1988 - Champions

German Touring Car Championship 1997 - Champions

French Touring Car Championship 1994 - Champions
French Touring Car Championship 2004 - Champions

Ari Vatanen holds the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb record in a Peugeot 405 T16

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 01:35AM by DaveEllis.
Date: March 09, 2007 11:50PM
Posted by: bestobritish
thats just shocking isnt it....

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 10, 2007 02:22PM
Posted by: Damas
Have to say I'm not a big fan of Peugeot. Having said that any competition to the Audi's should be good because I'm guessing, as Motorsport fans, you'll all agree that it's better to have a race between 2 marques than a procession or one make series at the front.
Bring on Le Mans, can't wait!
Date: March 11, 2007 04:53PM
Posted by: chet
That car is stunning ! Beats any F1 car by a mile !

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 12, 2007 01:27AM
Posted by: Fraplee
Thank you Dave Ellis - Encyclopedia with a beating heart!

And as a team Red Bull has done what? You really shouldn't write stupid meritless dribble if you don't know what your talking about; especially not when the sheriff is about.

I am the very proud owner of a 1988 505 v6 - the car has some balls in case you didn't know Red Bull. My 1987 505 4 banger has well over 250,000 miles on it and is just now starting to get tired.

Also The PRV(Peugeot, Renault, Volvo) engine powered the Venturi cars that competed in the BPR Series. Not a bad ride as I recall.

Unless you want to be referred to as Red Bulls**t you might want to thing before you spout.

FraPP!
Date: March 12, 2007 02:39PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
I consider Peugeots to be rubbish. Its a personal thing and I don't have to justify my comments, but my family have owned Peugeot cars in the past and they've been terrible. The 406 spent more than its fair share of time at the mechanics. I didn't say anything about their track record, which as DaveEllis has obviously taken some pains to describe, is quite good, although there are the less than stellar aspects such as their F1 involvement or their poor touring car record that he's failed to mention. He's used quantitative data to prove his point. I based my comments on a qualitative point of view which can't be justified by stats and numbers. Peugeots in my experience are unreliable, poorly made, poorly handling pieces of @#$%&.

Fraplee, I don't think my comments are 'stupid meritless dribble' and I do have some idea what I'm talking about as shown above. if you've had a good experience, then thats fine.
And as a team Red Bull has done nothing, but then I don't care because I'm not a fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2007 02:40PM by Red_Bull.
Date: March 12, 2007 04:32PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I didn't say anything about their track record

This is a racing car thread. Its about racing cars. When you rever to Peugeots being rubbish in a racing car thread, logic says, your refering to racing cars. So next time your talking about road car reliability in a thread about a racing cars performance thread, perhaps you could clarify this, rather than assuming we can read your mind?

is quite good, although there are the less than stellar aspects such as their F1 involvement or their poor touring car record that he's failed to mention. He's used quantitative data to prove his point.

Oh dear, I didnt mention the bad stuff. Im sorry but mentioning the bad stuff can make EVERY car maker in the world look terrible. The fact of the matter is, Peugeots Motorsport record is extremely good, especailly when it comes to high end sportscar racing, which is exactly what they are attempting here. As for the poor touring car record, if your referring to the "works" Peugeot teams which had a budget less than 1/4 of the size of the proper works teams, but still managed a couple of race wins, i dont see that as poor at all. So when trying to bring up data I left out, please dont leave out some yourself.

and I do have some idea what I'm talking about as shown above.

You seemed to be talking about a completly different topic from the rest of the thread. We were talking about racing cars. You were talknig about road cars. So whilst you might know what your talking about when it comes to the road cars, your general comment of Peugeots being rubbish in a racing car thread was poor, inaccurate, and tbh, just plain wrong.

If you were attempting to link the performance of the road cars to the racing cars somehow, then you should know thats just silly. If it was linked at all, modern Mercedes engines would never break down, as nor would the Honda. However as we all know, thats far from the case.

which as DaveEllis has obviously taken some pains to describe

Not at all. I knew most of that off the top of my head, and the research for the remaining parts took the best part of 5-10minutes. hardly painfull, or even slightly uncomfortable.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2007 04:35PM by DaveEllis.
Date: March 12, 2007 05:44PM
Not wanting to be critical here or ruffle any feathers but I just want to clarify something here and it's on the topic of "poor touring car record", "but still managed a couple of race wins". Can I just add in European Touring Circles and not in BTCC, as Peugeot have never won a BTCC race even when everybody pulled out they still failed. However, I do agree that their record in other category's is impressive.
As I said earlier bring on Le Mans, I really hope Peugeot can give the Audi's a real race.
Date: March 12, 2007 10:44PM
Peugeot pulled out in '98 didn't they, whereas most teams pulled out in '99?
Date: March 13, 2007 03:28PM
Posted by: **Taylor**
Actual car doesn't look as good as the car shown in the 1st pic on the thread.....

Date: March 14, 2007 11:50AM
count.bazley I'm talking about when they changed the BTCC rules; Peugeot thought they finally had a chance to get their monkey off their back, but didn't reckon on the Vauxhall Astra, which owned the championship royally. Even MG built a better car than them, although was it semi works (the Peugeot I mean) please feel free to clarify this for me.
Date: March 14, 2007 12:05PM
Ah yes I see, it seems they only stuck out one season (2001) as a works (it may have been semi-works but I can't remember) team. The problem is that Vauxhall won every race that year and then the year after there were definately no works Peugeot's. Really don't know whether Peugeot had a hand in building those touring cars though.
Date: March 14, 2007 01:31PM
the peugeot 406 was a factory effort for 2001 and then up until around 2003/2004 was a privateer (spelling) effort from Vick Lee Racing I believe. The later efforts proving alot better than the facory effort, but still no our right wins.

Date: March 21, 2007 08:42PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Interesting about Vic Lee Racing:

As Vic Lee Motorsport the team had considerable success in the early 1990s... However, the company was liquidated when Lee and others were convicted of importing drugs hidden in their race transporters, suspicions having been raised due to the number of times the team found in necessary to test at the Zandvoort circuit in Holland.

Vic Lee got convicted again in 2002 I think.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: March 21, 2007 08:54PM
lol I never knew about the "testing" in holland!

Date: April 16, 2007 01:47PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
lmao it won on it's debut

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy