2006 Dunlop British Touring Car Championship

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Re: 2006 Dunlop British Touring Car Championship
Date: July 28, 2006 07:46PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Platos a good thing...? Personally i think he needs banned from all forms of motorsport for a year for directly endangering drivers and marshalls lives constantly throughout 2005. BTCC doesnt need him.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Plato and Reid are dangerous psychopaths on track, and any championship is better off without them.
Date: July 30, 2006 04:43PM
Posted by: LS.
BTCC has always been good for incidents and that makes the spectacle even better, if you want to watch racing that has no contact and precise driving go watch F1.

2nd race at Donington just now was awesome entertainment :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 30, 2006 05:38PM
Fair enough, if you wana back the guys who delbrate cause accidents thats your loss. Plato is a prize prick. He could have killed marshalls at Knockhill and all he did was defend himself rather than apologise

Watched the Donington events on ITV since im bored. The 2nd and 3rd races were a farce. Only 1 pass in the 2nd race was made without major contact and cars going off. Thats not racing. Thats the WWF of motorsports.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 30, 2006 05:53PM
Posted by: LS.
Dont watch it then, simple.

Race was fantastic entertainment, top stuff :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 30, 2006 06:01PM
Posted by: gav
We stay away from Donny for one year, and that happens. Gits.

Was @#$%& racing, but was entertaining, yeah. Can't say I've seen racing worse than that in any event since I started watching motorsport.
Date: July 31, 2006 09:31PM
Posted by: Lemming
Yeah, a lot of really crap driving.... entertaining though, especially at the Old Hairpin (where I was!!)

Some (crap quality) pics...

The Formula Renault one was a right smash...split his car in half! :o He got out OK though.

Lowered resolution cos I couldn't be bothered to wait for em to upload. Got loads more and a few videos if anyone's interested in anything specific...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2006 09:32PM by Lemming.
Date: August 01, 2006 02:02AM
Posted by: DrDougal
great photos. I have always wanted to go to donnington, but it is a little far away for me.
Date: August 01, 2006 02:47AM
Posted by: six degrees
LS. Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Dont watch it then, simple.
>
>

see you say that, but this is supposedly the UK's "top" motorsport series. when the top series is quite frankly shite with appalling driving standards people have every right to complain about it tbh.

belgium has belcar, germany has dtm, australia have the v8s, the states have god only knows how much awesome stuff. we have... btcc. to be honest it's embarrassing.

the driving standards are worse than A1GP, and that's saying something.
Date: August 01, 2006 10:58AM
Posted by: Lemming
six degrees Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

>
> belgium has belcar, germany has dtm, australia have the v8s, the
> states have god only knows how much awesome stuff. we have... btcc. to
> be honest it's embarrassing.

I think the fact that driving isn't so good means it's more entertaining, and a lot of people welcome that (including me), gives a break from many other motorsports, which are just processional. I watch F1 most, then the BTCC, and lately I've been more interested in the BTCC because it genuinely is completely open as to who will win each race.

Also, the rules allow them to do this, for the most part. They rarely get punished for tapping someone off the road (obviously as long as it isn't blatant), which makes the racing closer still, as they're not afraid to go in there and go for the overtake. In many other sports, because they get drive-throughs for thinking about getting close, they just follow each other round unless someone makes a mistake. Give me BTCC any day than a procession.

Date: August 01, 2006 01:42PM
gives a break from many other motorsports, which are just processional.

Bit of an untrue myth there. You dont need the driving to be crap in order to have a good race.

You keep using the term entertainment. That is another problem. WWF is entertainment. Its also not a sport. BTCC borders on this at times. It encourages poor driving and manufactures the racing more than any other series ever.

Just look at the cars and drivers BTCC has compared to other national series. DTM has an ex-F1 world champion, and the biggest names in tin tops, sportscars in the world. V8s even has a few drivers from when BTCC was racing back in the 90s. Look at the cars" Belcar is running about in Corvettes and Porsches and stuff. DTM hasbig cars, big engines, big power. V8s have amazingly fast cars (170mph! in a tin top!), rear wheel drive, clutch pedals etc. BTCC has hatchbacks with body kits, and drivers who are not banned purely on entertainment value. Any other series in the world, Plato wouldnt be allowed to drive. BTCC encourages him. Whats that saying to the rest of the motorsport world?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 01, 2006 02:17PM
Posted by: keiran
Yup these days BTCC is just a bunch of second rate drivers out for some banger racing. Look at the rules in place, pulling balls out of a bag to decide how many rows are switched ... How many people go into BTCC and move onto better things ? Hardly any, there are more successful drivers come from the `support` races which quite frankly IMO are far better than the `big` race (BTCC). At this rate BTCC will never be known for helping UK drivers into better things, more like a show for kids who want to cars crashing.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: August 01, 2006 04:25PM
We always joked that we went to see the Formula BMW event at Donington, and BTCC was supporting.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 01, 2006 05:27PM
Posted by: chet
Yup, when I went to Rockinham the FRenault was all I went to see, ofc because of Lewis ;)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 15, 2006 04:28PM
Posted by: little_jpmuk
*bump*
from btcc.net
BTCC Statement: Mike Jordan

During today’s (Sunday) penultimate round of the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship at Silverstone there was an accident involving car number 77, a Honda Integra driven by Mike Jordan for the Team Eurotech Racing with John Guest team.

Mike has subsequently been airlifted by helicopter to the Neurological Department of Coventry Hospital in a serious condition, suffering from a significant head injury and a punctured lung.

Statement ends.

Issued: 14.45

the end result of a crash involing thompson jordan and one of the other seat drivers (you know who)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2006 04:34PM by little_jpmuk.
Date: October 15, 2006 06:24PM
Posted by: Peat
word is he is ok.

Date: October 16, 2006 12:20AM
Posted by: FRESCO
It just looked like a racing incident to me, hope he is ok.

Date: October 19, 2006 02:37PM
Posted by: gary42
Footage of the crash:

Does look like just a racing incident

Date: October 19, 2006 02:47PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Well it looks like everyone drove into everyone else

Can't say I'm surprised since Plato was there
Date: October 19, 2006 06:05PM
Posted by: bestobritish
Overall it was a decent day of racing, it was pretty clean compared to most of the season. Most of the contact was no worse than what ive recently watched on some of my old vids.

regarding the Jordan accident, it was just a racing accident. Plato had a drive shaft failure, lost drive and everyone scrambled to get around him and came together.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2006 09:57PM by bestobritish.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy