2006 Dunlop British Touring Car Championship

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Re: 2006 Dunlop British Touring Car Championship
Date: June 04, 2006 10:58PM
Posted by: DrDougal
I just had a FANTASTIC day at Thurxton. Enjoyed every second of it. 10 really entertaining races including three entertaining touring car races and even the formula Renault race was good.
Beautiful weather also, I can't wait till next year to go again!!!
Date: June 05, 2006 03:06PM
Posted by: Peat
where abouts did you watch from?

I started off at the club chicane. All the action seemed to be happening the the Campbell/Cobb/Seagrave complex so we moved there at at for the 2nd BTCC race. Then all the excitment seemed to be happening back at club!! ARRGGHH!!

Anyway, good day out, managed to avoid the sunburn thanks to factor 25 sun-cream!!

Date: June 07, 2006 01:09AM
Posted by: Graham
im sorry but for the past 3-4 years the btcc has been rubbish, i cant think of 1 good thing about it anymore.

i agree the supertourers were the best, it seems so long ago when the btcc was said to be "the best touring series in the world".

everytime i watch my 1991-96 season reviews i just think where did it all go wrong.

Vader Trophy - the ultimate GPL league"
Date: June 07, 2006 01:47AM
Posted by: LS.
Graham Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> im sorry but for the past 3-4 years the btcc has
> been rubbish, i cant think of 1 good thing about
> it anymore.
>

I disagree, the hotdogs are quite nice, especially with that cheap mustard they put out for you that stains your clothes to the point you have to burn them to get rid of the yellow marks ;)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Graham Wrote:
> everytime i watch my 1991-96 season reviews i just
> think where did it all go wrong.
>

They stopped using proper touring cars for starters, a hatchback is not a tourer, a fat assed saloon is much better ;)
Date: June 07, 2006 02:25AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
LS. Wrote:
> Graham Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > im sorry but for the past 3-4 years the btcc
> has
> > been rubbish, i cant think of 1 good thing
> about
> > it anymore.
> >
>
>
> I disagree, the hotdogs are quite nice, especially
> with that cheap mustard they put out for you that
> stains your clothes to the point you have to burn
> them to get rid of the yellow marks

doughnuts! There was a donught van at most BTCC events that Sim LIVED from :P

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 07, 2006 09:43AM
Posted by: Graham
zeppelin you have a point, who remembers the volvo estate:D what a car.

ok i may have overlooked the hotdog and doughnut stands:P

Vader Trophy - the ultimate GPL league"
Date: July 18, 2006 11:54PM
Posted by: Lemming
Ordered my tickets for Donnington today. :)

Where's the best place to watch from? I went to Croft last year, got crazily close to the track, wouldn't have been able to get that close for the F1!

Date: July 19, 2006 09:34AM
you might want to check the ticket for the correct spelling of Donington then ;)

best place for overall viewing is from the top of starkeys bridge as you get to see the cars coming down through hollywood, then the craner curves, the old hair pin, under starkeys bridge, then if you turn around you can watch them disappear up to coppice.

For a photography viewpoint then standing at the old hairpin is a good place as you get really good pics of the contours of the craner curves and you can see the body compression as they brake and turn for the old hairpin.

LS's Tip of the week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2006 09:39AM by LS..
Date: July 22, 2006 11:11PM
Posted by: eddief1
hi guys does any 1 know if there is been any btcc testing at donnington park??? cos just over an hour ago i seen a black 4x4 with a trailer with a alfa romeo touring car it didnt really have any sponcers on it like mark smiths btcc car. it had no front bumper/ grill/ head lights
that would have neen Murrays (spelling?) Alfa 156, he joined the series at the last round and did very well considering he was carrying full weight. There is testing but its very restricted in the btcc to reduce costs, plus teams very rarely announce when n where they are testing :(

Also talkiong about the saloons V hatch back argument, vauxhall have said they will either use a vectra or a .................. CORSA next year! please, please, please let it be the vectra!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: July 23, 2006 04:50PM
Posted by: Glyn
Corsa!?! Isn't the Vectra too big though for modern BTCC?

Date: July 23, 2006 06:59PM
Corsa would really top off the BTCC grid as one of the most stupid looking series in the world :-\

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
a corsa would take the piss. I dont think the vectra will be too big as the BTCC goes WTCC spec next year n its not much bigger than the beemer or alfa + there is talk of the Accord being brought in.

End of the day the Vectra cant be much worse than the Sports Hatch, how can a car not be able to use its tyres for the whole of a 15 - 20 lap race!?

Date: July 27, 2006 07:01PM
Posted by: jonahm
must admit btcc has gone down hill over the years. i go to oulton park every year and each year there are less cars or at least less action with fiona leggett or whatever her name is, in a car fuelled with cat pee! we need more cars, lets get bmw's back and get it back like the good old days. remember cleland,rydell,menu,cox,thompson( part timer),warwick,burt,harvey and co. they were the days
i dunno bout that u must be mising the action, she took out the chicane at oulten twice this year :D

Date: July 27, 2006 08:06PM
Posted by: jonahm
yeah she is a waste of time and petrol. bloody women drivers
Date: July 27, 2006 09:15PM
Posted by: Lemming
I think the BTCC has often been more entertaining than the F1. I'm dragging my dad along to Donington (note the spelling, LS ;)) and he's not too fussed about motorsport, took him to F1 at Silverstone a couple of times too, but I think as a neutral, he'd prefer watching the BTCC because more things happen, wheel to wheel racing.

And three first laps too, that helps. And a lot of crap drivers that are all over the place!

Although thinking about it, I did prefer it a bit more when Thompson was going for the championship (I think it was 2001), think that was the first year I really got into the BTCC. If Plato wasn't in the BTCC it'd be a little less exciting, need more like him!

Date: July 28, 2006 01:10AM
If Plato wasnt in BTCC it would be a hell of alot safer.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 28, 2006 07:43PM
And a helluva lot more boring, bring back antony reid too!!

LS's Tip of the week
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy