Car shapes for GP3 2000

Posted by elio 
Car shapes for GP3 2000
Date: January 03, 2011 01:00AM
Posted by: elio
Hi

Is there a big difference to car shapes for GP3 and GP3 2000? I have found that when in import some into GP3 2000 they work fine and with other the game CTU right away (corrupt exe or gpxdata exe?). Can anyone tell me what I need to look out for? Would any carshape in theory work on both versions of the game?

Many thanks!

Any altenrative versions of the of a 2009 carshape (other than the F60) most welcome!

proethenbaugh@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Car shapes for GP3 2000
Date: January 03, 2011 05:58PM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
Theory: GP3 2000 uses one more onboard camera than 1.13 does...

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Date: January 03, 2011 06:24PM
Posted by: wvdriel
You can use every carshape in Gp3-2000. You just need to convert them. Open de careditor and load the shape. Extract the ctf -file. Now load a gp3-2000 shape and import the ctf and safe the shape. Now its Gp3-2000 ready.
Date: January 03, 2011 07:41PM
thanks for this really helpful advice both of you!
Date: January 26, 2011 08:18PM
Still having trouble here ...

Following Erick's instructions:

1. Open the careditor and load the shape. - OK
2. Extract the ctf -file. Cant see a command for Extract, but I can see one for 'Export', so I export the ctf file and give it a name
3. Now load a gp3-2000 shape - OK I loaded an the Ferrari F60 shape with outbboard mirrors which I have been using in GP2 2k quite happliy
4. and import the ctf - when I do this the shape changes from the Indycar shape I am converting into the shape of the Ferrari I took the ctf from
5. and safe the shape. Now its Gp3-2000 ready. - when I reopen it, having saved it, it still looks like the F1 car not the Indycar, and it corrupts the Gp3 2000.exe if I try to export the shape to the game.

Sorry, but am I missing something? I'd be really grateful for help so I can use all the range of carshapes in GP3-2k as well as the orginal game.

Many thanks!

Elio
Date: January 26, 2011 08:41PM
Posted by: quickslick
open car editor, click at the top left on 'Edit' butten to specify your gp3 location. After this, click on edit again and specify your gp3 patch level. If you want to use your carshape for gp3 2k, mark gp3 2000, otherwise use gp3 113.

Then click on 'File' button at the top left corner and there on 'load car' or you can dircectly import the carshape from gp3\gp3 2k exe (depends on which gp3 version you want to use it).

If your carshape is loaded or imported, click on 'File' once again and then export the ctf to a place on your hd as you did before. there's no need to rename the ctf file. Close car editor and open it once again, now you can load a generic carshape, after loading the shape, click on 'File' import ctf and open your saved new ctf file. The new ctf file will be imported into the shape and you can see now the new carshape. At least you only have to save the new carshape with a name and that's all.

the only thing you always have to do, if you want to use car editor for gp3 AND gp3 2k is, to specify your gp3 locations and the patch level for the correct game before you start to edit carshapes. Otherwise car editor won't work correct and you'll get ctd's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2011 08:52PM by quickslick.
Date: January 27, 2011 01:10AM
That sounds straight forward.

Thanks very much indeed - I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know.

Ta!!

Elio
Date: January 27, 2011 11:18PM
Fantastic! Thank you quickslick. Followed those instuctions successfully.

Icing on the cake would be to be able to export the cockpit shape and unusual camera angles that I set for these carshape when using 1.3. These dont transfer over in this menthod. I could type the cameral commands in manually but the cocpit shape and steering wheel shape (should I need it) are a step further.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Elio
Date: January 28, 2011 12:03AM
Posted by: quickslick
which version of car editor are you using? v 3.7? if so, you should be able to import and export everything. Try the following : start car editor, then click on file - import from exe. After the car is imported, click on the button export to exe. Now there appears a small window that asks if you want to make advanced exporting. Click on yes and load the cameras, the cockpit shape and the steering wheel shape one after another. Then export everything and test if it works. If it still won't works, send the files over to me and i'll give it a try :)
Date: January 28, 2011 11:10PM
OK thanks very much, I'll try this later tomorrow and let you know.

Elio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy