Is it possible to increase the number of laps to more than 100 or 200 ?

Posted by abdelkader 
I'm planning to run a Le Mans race in the more or less distant future and I'd like to know whether it is possible to set the number of laps to more than 100. I've tried to do it with Pit&Lap Editor but it didn't work out. I also tried to increase the length of the session to 500% in GPxPatch - also with no result. I also tried to mess with the track's dat file which looked promising as in the pre-race screen I was told that there were 144 laps to cover but at the start of the race...I got an information that the race was over as soon as all the drivers crossed start/finish line...we didn't even manage to reach the first corner.

Any constructive solutions to this problem? :) It'd be great if you could help me out.

abdelkader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm planning to run a Le Mans race in the more or
> less distant future and I'd like to know whether
> it is possible to set the number of laps to more
> than 100. I've tried to do it with Pit&Lap Editor
> but it didn't work out. I also tried to increase
> the length of the session to 500% in GPxPatch -
> also with no result. I also tried to mess with the
> track's dat file which looked promising as in the
> pre-race screen I was told that there were 144
> laps to cover but at the start of the race...I got
> an information that the race was over as soon as
> all the drivers crossed start/finish line...we
> didn't even manage to reach the first corner.
>
> Any constructive solutions to this problem? :)
> It'd be great if you could help me out.

Yes, would be great if the dat file could be modyfied to cover more laps. I know of a Denver track that was increased to about 90 laps and perhaps the Le Mans track also could be extended...
Looking forward to hearing from the kind experts... :) :)
Reaching 90 laps is not a problem at all. Each of the utilities I mentioned is able to do it. The problem is 100 lap barrier which, when crossed, makes GP3 go wild ;)

abdelkader Wrote:
> Reaching 90 laps is not a problem at all. Each of
> the utilities I mentioned is able to do it. The
> problem is 100 lap barrier which, when crossed,
> makes GP3 go wild ;)

Okay, perhaps M Cervini could give promissoin to adjust the dat file to at least 99 laps (better than nothing I think, right??)
Hope that it could be done... :) Would be great with a race longer than 40 laps on Le Mans 24h track.
I've done this already :)

You can change the number of laps of a race in Cmagic (where it says edit GP3 info) program or even in track editor where it says track+track name (GP3 Info). This is what I do to adjust the number of laps of a race according to a 305-310km distance (100%). So, if a track comes with a default number of laps of 40 and the number of laps needed to complete that distance is 80, I adjust the number of laps either in cmagic or even in the track editor.

Regarding 100+ laps, I've already done 100+ races both on GP3 1.13 and GP 2k and never got any problems. The only thing that happens is on the lap counter on the steering wheel LCD that when you reach lap 101 (for example) the counter shows 1 instead of 101 but apart from this I've already done a 114 laps race at Diepholz and a 108 laps race at Orschesleben (Short layout) and didn't have any problems.

Sorry that I can't give a better explanation on why your race ended right after starting, but try to do as I said above, it works for me, maybe can work for you too.

Cheers, and let me know if it worked.
The maximimum number of laps is 126, can be edited in the .dat file
using the track editor
Actually it's 128. I've raced at Milwaukee many times over this distance, didn't bother to race at The Ring though ;-)
Mr. Lee Wrote:
> Actually it's 128. I've raced at Milwaukee many
> times over this distance, didn't bother to race at
> The Ring though ;-)

If someone could be so kind to adjust the Le Mans 24h track to its maximum laps (without crashing or similar) and please send it to me :) shlund@stofanet.dk ...

That would be much appreciated (and if needed, a short user guide..)

Thanks in advance :)
actually i noticed the maximum should be 127 (which is 128 included 0). but at these high values the game always ended in a loophole so the race does not ends on the flags but finishes when everyone finish the fuel.
after 99 don't open the race graph at the end or the game crashes. also after 99 i think, if you exit and re-join the cockpit the sky becomes black

-------------------------------
R_Scandura Wrote:
> actually i noticed the maximum should be 127
> (which is 128 included 0). but at these high
> values the game always ended in a loophole so the
> race does not ends on the flags but finishes when
> everyone finish the fuel.
> after 99 don't open the race graph at the end or
> the game crashes. also after 99 i think, if you
> exit and re-join the cockpit the sky becomes black

Maybe a fine solution would be to increase the number of labs to 98 and have the 99th lap for 'running off'.....
In case of Le Mans 24h track that would be more than a 100pct increase, would be nice.... :)
Sky turns black while getting back to the cockpit? That sounds like accidental simulation of weather conditions at endurance races :D

I'll try CMagic and hope it works.

<<EDIT>> I have just managed to set the number of laps to 126 and it worked fine. However, I'm still interested in reaching 200 or more laps. Pity that the game makes it impossible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2009 09:17PM by abdelkader.
Max laps is 127, higher makes the race start and finish as soon as the first cc passes the start-finish line.

@Roberto: never noticed the "loophole" at the end of the race, but i'll test immidiatly as i'm starting my second Cart season and set the short-oval races on 127 laps.
Bye.
savinaclaudio Wrote:
> Max laps is 127, higher makes the race start and
> finish as soon as the first cc passes the
> start-finish line.

That' what happened to me. Actually, that's what I call a real SPRINT race :) :)

savinaclaudio Wrote:
> Max laps is 127, higher makes the race start and
> finish as soon as the first cc passes the
> start-finish line.
>
> @Roberto: never noticed the "loophole" at the end
> of the race, but i'll test immidiatly as i'm
> starting my second Cart season and set the
> short-oval races on 127 laps.
> Bye.

it happened to me several times. drivers keep running as there was no flag untill everyone finish the fuel. dunno why

-------------------------------
seem to remember 99 is the max laps without ai starting to do weird stuff, 127 probably max laps.
as ever with gp3 everything is hard wired in the exe and probably cross referenced dozens of times
which makes finding this stuff difficult.

should be more info on this in the old TE forum

[www.waa63.ch]

Tried on Chicago ovals, 125 laps and no problem.
I keep on testing.
Bye.
savinaclaudio Wrote:
> Tried on Chicago ovals, 125 laps and no problem.
> I keep on testing.
> Bye.

After testing it would be nice to have a short description what to do in order to increase number of laps... :) Thanks in advance for all your help and assistance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy