Tyre wear and grip profiles for each tyre type (Excel sheet released) .

Here is the offset table, values are decimal.

The maximum wear that appears in the game is 256, assuming it is a only byte, this should be the maximum value available. Values lower that 24, the minimum wear appearing in the game will probably work alright.

Grip values go from 8192 to 16838. From my GP2 experience, I believe you can use higher values if you want. I'm not sure about values lower than 8192, you need to test.

These values affect both players and ccs, but you still need magic data to make their effect equal between players and ccs.

There are 12 values for each entry, each one is used depending on the amount of water in the track surface, from dry track to full wet track.

[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
i was spending some time checking this data. i located the positions and checked the values.
there are too many numbers to understand for a quick test but i seem to recognize the curve of wear and grip from full dry to full wet. I got this:

the compound 55 has a wear curve from 48 to 24 dry to wet and a grip from 16160 to 8192 (previous positions 1249164 says 16384. not sure what indicates)
the compound 54 has a wear curve from 64 to 24 dry to wet and a grip from 16384 to 8192
the compound 53 has a wear curve from 96 to 26 dry to wet and a grip from 16608 to 8192
the compound 52 has a wear curve from 192 to 60 dry to wet and a grip from 16832 to 8192

i can speculate that
55 is a hard tyre with low degradation
54 is a medium tyre with higher degradation
53 is a soft with more grip and high degradation
52 is a supersoft with big grip and extremely high degradation

did i say an immense idiocy? it ringed plenty of bells in my head but could use some debate on this to understand
the thing i immediately thought was about that lame value on the md "Help decide if a tyre needs change". if that involves these ranges could explain many things

i haven't tested the wet tyres. later i could try to make tool for an alltogether view of these entries and see what it can be done to mod them

-------------------------------

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2013 02:49PM by R_Scandura.
Yes, you are completely right about the tyre type behaviors.

I can't help about the "Help decide if a tyre needs change" md factor since there are several years since the last time I've messed with GP3 md. But I suppose it's related with wet/dry behavior, since dry compound is fixed for the race (and all ccs use the same compound, as far a I remember), or am I wrong?

Another food for thought for when you get into modding these values: When the race starts, the tyres are below their maximum grip (probably because of not being warm). Soon they reach maximum grip after the race starts and begin to lose grip after some laps. Higher wear not only means that the tyre will lose grip faster, but also that it will get into the maximum grip faster after the race starts (makes sense since tyres with higher wear are softer tryes).

GP2 seems also to account car weight for this, therefore I suppose GP3 also does. But its influence is not big enough as it should be (at least in GP2).
RRRReméééédiooo schrieb:

> GP2 seems also to account car weight for this,
> therefore I suppose GP3 also does. But its
> influence is not big enough as it should be (at
> least in GP2).

Do you mean fuel with "car weight"? If, the CC Shuffler has big influence on this!! For GP3 2000 - if the value is to high, then you have grip problems...

@ R_Scandura
Is this for GP3 different? Because many of your tracks have a high CC Shuffler value - mostly 9000 - and i had to change this, because otherwise, its difficult to drive!
And, can it be, that you wrote a description for the GP3 MD file? Was it from you? Because for the CC Shuffler it is written: "It is the pace adjustment of the cc-cars (involving also the human car). Suggested values from 1000 to 9000. Higher is the value, faster the cars will be as they lose the fuel weight. Still best value needs to be tested."

But - i have tested it alot - "Lower" should be the right word! But i do not know, if GP3 ist different to GP3 2000! But, it is for GP3 2000 for sure "Lower"!

For me this value is great and as important, as some tyre wear values!
@ meanmc:
yes, i based it on personal tests but i added also to test for best values because other players found better results with lower values. in my cases with lower values drivers set the fastest laps on lap2 with fuel load rather than before the pitstop. reducing the tyre wear didnt changed much and was quite annoying so i went for that conclusion which seemed at least more realistic. I don't know about gp3 2k, i don't use it a lot.
Thanks for the info, i will edit the description to leave it more open to testing. Anyway don't take my md values as universal because every player has still to find his own fitting combination

About the compound profiles i've put together a first base tool. it imports/exports all those data from gp3.exe and allows to tweak them. It seems to work, the positions seem correct so far and my pc has not exploded yet because of it. Put it in the same folder as Gp3.exe. It's your turn now people to tell me what it that all about :)
you can find it here as COMPOUND EDITOR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 01:03AM by R_Scandura.
@ R_Scandura

Thanks alot for your great work and your answer, and of course, i have already my own solution... i am testing it for quite some time...

maybe an example (and just that you are informed):

Quatar, Losail - with the original settings tyre wear and cc shuffler (9000) i just could drive 7 laps, thereafter i was almost unable to stay on the track! No grip at all... the laptimes were increasing from 1:30 to 1:34 - within just 7 laps! And my fastest lap time was also in the 2nd lap! :-)

Then i thought - okay, lets give it a try and reduce the tyre wear, but i had to reduce it to 4000 (!) to have a almost "normal race"! That is NO solution!

But if i change the cc shuffler to 1500-3000 (and stay with the OLD tyre wear) "you got a race where you start with - for example - 1:30 min. and at the end of your stint you drive 1:29" (with 2 stops)! That sounds perfect for me.... If you choose a value around 4000 you got a race, where you probably will drive 1:30s all the time... if you have a value above around 4500, your lap times during one stint will "fall" quick (1:30 - 1:31 - 1:32... 1:34) - and you will reach often one point, where your car has almost no grip left!

That are my experiences with the cc shuffler...

Therefore i think, that for GP3 2000 it is better to have a lower cc shuffler value!

But, as you mentioned - it is up to everybody!

Just wanted to add this, as you guys are writting about tyres and it seems, that, if the cc shuffler value is "not proper", it is diffucult to judge the tyre performance during a race?!

And Rob, keep up your great work - i really appreciate it!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 01:44AM by meanmc.
Good point this about gp3 2000, haven't considered such drastic difference.
unfortunately the major problem we face is that we still don't know what some parameters do. we go by speculation.
in example, the working of the ccshuffler, at least from me, is pure speculation because i actually don't now what it really adjusts. i just tweak and relate the effect.
I found in the same way what i called "error chance". cars retires all in the same turn by running wide... i lowered a value just for fun... cars no longer run wide... here we go with the error chance... still don't know if i got it right

about the tyre wear on the magicdata, it is the same, we don't know exactly what it does apart being related to wear. Some people reported that with values like 14000 after 3 laps they fell 2 seconds off the pace while around 9000-10000 their race seemed quite fine. This made me think that the tyre wear value could be a percentage like the power factor or the grip factor, where 10000=100,00%. actually i don't know 100% of what but now with the info provided by Remedio about the compounds i can speculate that it is a sort of multiplier of these values. say you have a fixed degradation for each compound, the tyre wear in the md sets a multipler of this degradation. 10000 could mean that the degradation will follow the fixed values, while 14000 could mean that the degradation is 40% higher. If this is correct, that parameter could be considered a "Wear Factor".

this puts in circle then the ccshuffler which combined with these info has to be balanced. and then fix a bit the slispstream/air resistence factors to regulate the driveability.
well, 14 years of gp3 and still learning. and people thought this game was gone:)

meanmc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you mean fuel with "car weight"? If, the CC
> Shuffler has big influence on this!! For GP3 2000
> - if the value is to high, then you have grip
> problems...
>

Yes, with more fuel tyres wear faster. But one can't hardly notice without looking into the numbers.

Maybe I can help you with md "Tyre Wear" and "Error Chance" telling you about how they work in GP2.

In GP2, "Tyre Wear" is a balancing factor to make the tyre consumption correct between ccs and players. CC tyre wear is dictated by the tyre compound but the way the compound affects the cars changes depending on the track layout style. It's easier to understand in GP2 because GP2Lap logs the tyre grip value every time a car crosses the line and you can actually see the numbers (including for ccs). It's the last value one should tweak. After you got the correct fuel consumption and peformance, using the "Tyre Wear" to get the same grip values for players and ccs as you run several laps usually means the same decreases in lap times. I don't know how much off this is for GP3, since GP2 doesn't have a "CC Shuffler" value that I'm aware and by meanmc description it seems to affect tyre wear, but I remember, by the time I found those compound values in GP3, using the same approach and always getting the desired effect in GP3, even if I could not see the grip numbers like in GP2.

About "Error Chance" (I called it CC Mistake Rate in the Gp2 Magic data): every time a cc approaches a corner, GP2 decides if he will go wide or not. Like everything which have "random" behavior in GP2, it comes from a random seed. I don't know the algorithm, but it seems do be simple like that: GP2 picks a number, if it's lower than the "Error Chance" car goes wide. That's why if you put extremely high values for it, every cc will go wide in every corner.
I never edited Gp2 so i miss all this part, but if gp3 is 'son' of gp2 the experience of gp2 modders would be very helpful to know how these parameters work.

so if both games are coded at the same way the Tyre Wear in the md could be a balance "human wear vs AI wear" and not "human/AI wear vs track"?

About the error chance it sounds reasonable the seed method indeed. monaco and fast tracks have low values while tortuous tracks have higher values.
In gp3 I noticed this problem seems related to a single turn or at least 1 turn at time. This factor came out in the original buenos aires. all the cars run wide out of control all in the same turn (turn 3, the long left). It happened also in Brno where all cars used to go wide all in the same turn even with a low value in md. I had to change the ccline several times making it a little scruffy at the end to prevent this issue. What i discovered is that with the final ccline fix in that turn cars no longer run wide but then all cars run wide all in another corner. This made me think there is something related to ccline sectors because in all the cases the ccline sectors were similar (26 units and 160° in buenos aires, 29 units and 115°-130° in Brno). sometimes i noticed AI cars strangely accelerate in particular straight sectors and return in control after some time so i thought there was some kind of "controller" that decides which sectors are eligible to host driving errors.

At the time i figured it was managed by 2 values
48 ; some chance. same chance multiplied with race perc.
64 ; segment count, range 1 to 256
the first makes the dice roll while the second sets the condition/event. but the second is the same for all so i don't kown what meaning give to it

btw is there for gp2 a guide to the md values to have a comparison?

R_Scandura Wrote:
> I never edited Gp2 so i miss all this part, but if
> gp3 is 'son' of gp2 the experience of gp2 modders
> would be very helpful to know how these parameters
> work.
>
> so if both games are coded at the same way the
> Tyre Wear in the md could be a balance "human wear
> vs AI wear" and not "human/AI wear vs track"?
>

Yes, it doesn't affect the ccs at all, just the human player, by adjusting the drop in the tyre grip after each lap.

> About the error chance it sounds reasonable the
> seed method indeed. monaco and fast tracks have
> low values while tortuous tracks have higher
> values.
> In gp3 I noticed this problem seems related to a
> single turn or at least 1 turn at time. This
> factor came out in the original buenos aires. all
> the cars run wide out of control all in the same
> turn (turn 3, the long left). It happened also in
> Brno where all cars used to go wide all in the
> same turn even with a low value in md. I had to
> change the ccline several times making it a little
> scruffy at the end to prevent this issue. What i
> discovered is that with the final ccline fix in
> that turn cars no longer run wide but then all
> cars run wide all in another corner. This made me
> think there is something related to ccline sectors
> because in all the cases the ccline sectors were
> similar (26 units and 160° in buenos aires, 29
> units and 115°-130° in Brno). sometimes i
> noticed AI cars strangely accelerate in particular
> straight sectors and return in control after some
> time so i thought there was some kind of
> "controller" that decides which sectors are
> eligible to host driving errors.
>
> At the time i figured it was managed by 2 values
> 48 ; some chance. same chance multiplied
> with race perc.
> 64 ; segment count, range 1 to 256
> the first makes the dice roll while the second
> sets the condition/event. but the second is the
> same for all so i don't kown what meaning give to
> it
>

This is very interesting. Does this happen in every lap?

> btw is there for gp2 a guide to the md values to
> have a comparison?

[grandprix2.de]

GP2 MD is much simpler than GP3, but we don't know very much about most of the factors. Some other factors, which are part of the MD in GP3, are inside the track files

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 02:44PM by RRRReméééédiooo.
R_Scandura Wrote:
> the thing i immediately thought was about that
> lame value on the md "Help decide if a tyre needs
> change". if that involves these ranges could
> explain many things

Hello all!

After some test about magic data "Help decide if a tyre needs change" and the next "Same as above(dword)", I can tell it seems that in wet conditions with high value your team call you soon to change tyres with more suitable ones.
Instead if you put low value your team doesn't call you soon and with value zero it will never call you to change tyres.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 02:46PM by Vins.
BTW, nice work with the Compound Editor! It already deserves a version number higher than 0.0 :)

I told Vins that I would make an editor, but there's no need anymore. I'll find my info about these values for GP32K and GP4 soon, so maybe you can make the editor work for those games too (strangely, the tables are simpler for GP32k and GP4).
One more thing about the Compound Editor: I think you shouldn't limit the max grip to 17000, at least for testing purposes. Higher values will surely work, probably with a limit before having the effect of negative numbers.

And, of course, everyone should try a monsoon race with dry tyres, changing their monsoon grip to 17000. It was the the first idea I had when I found these values :)
Vins Wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> After some test about magic data "Help decide if a
> tyre needs change" and the next "Same as
> above(dword)", I can tell it seems that in wet
> conditions with high value your team call you soon
> to change tyres with more suitable ones.
> Instead if you put low value your team doesn't
> call you soon and with value zero it will never
> call you to change tyres.

good find, Vins. Which values did you used (high or low) that gave evidence of this behaviour so i can put them as reference in the guide. did you find a relation between the two parameters about when one acts and when the other acts as well?

RRRReméééédiooo Wrote:
> This is very interesting. Does this happen in
> every lap?
>

afaik in buenos aires it was almost every lap, 1 2 or 3 cars were out exiting turn 3. the same in brno, up to 3 cars spun in the same turn almost every lap so that at half race there was more than half grid out

> [grandprix2.de]
> GP2 MD is much simpler than GP3, but we don't know
> very much about most of the factors. Some other
> factors, which are part of the MD in GP3, are
> inside the track files

you did a great job with the tool and the guide. i'm not so good in doing extensive test, for most of them i just collected info here and there

RRRReméééédiooo Wrote:
> BTW, nice work with the Compound Editor! It
> already deserves a version number higher than 0.0
> :)
>
> I told Vins that I would make an editor, but
> there's no need anymore. I'll find my info about
> these values for GP32K and GP4 soon, so maybe you
> can make the editor work for those games too
> (strangely, the tables are simpler for GP32k and
> GP4).
>
> One more thing about the Compound Editor: I think
> you shouldn't limit the max grip to 17000, at
> least for testing purposes. Higher values will
> surely work, probably with a limit before having
> the effect of negative numbers.
>
> And, of course, everyone should try a monsoon race
> with dry tyres, changing their monsoon grip to
> 17000. It was the the first idea I had when I
> found these values :)

well, i was already surfing the hex editor for my own stuff and i remembered you proposed the tool for lack of time so i gave a try not knowing if you were still on it.
i can try to fit gp3 2000. but at the momnt i have not gp4 so installed so i should need a copy of the exe too for the tests.
i already added some settings to expand the tool and moved the ranges of the sliders to 10/256 for wear and 8000/20000 for grip just for a step by step testing.
we only need some proposed profile if anybody wants to try reproducing any. For sure one thing that surprised me is the almost linear grip drop from dry to wet. i expected a fall through conditions.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 05:31PM by R_Scandura.
R_Scandura schrieb:
> Good point this about gp3 2000, haven't considered
> such drastic difference.
> unfortunately the major problem we face is that we
> still don't know what some parameters do. we go by
> speculation.
> in example, the working of the ccshuffler, at
> least from me, is pure speculation because i
> actually don't now what it really adjusts. i just
> tweak and relate the effect.

-> Then, thank you for your speculations, because of them, i found a solution which gives me the chance to have perfect races!
Your speculations were right, except that it was exactly the other way (it is lower and not higher)!

I am testing the relation between "tyre wear" and "cc shuffler" for quite some time and - at least for GP3 2000 - it is like i wrote! As higher the value is, the more your lap times are "increasing" and as lesser "grip" you have, to be exact - you get slower!!

But you can fix that, if you reduce the tyre wear! But of course it makes more sence to get the "weight bonus" (cc shuffler) right! See what i wrote to Losail... same was for Brno, Acapulco etc. ...

I would say - with a cc shuffler value of 9000 you "always drive with a full tanked car" and just the tyre wear effects your laptimes - and, as the tyres get lesser grip every lap, you will reach a point, where is almost no grip left! Because your car is far too heavy and the tyres are "gone"!

With a value of "0" you get "faster and faster" all the time and can drive - if you drove a perfect quali lap - the same time during the race! I saw this at your India track - it was funny, but of course "wrong", because it makes no sence with a simulation!

Therefore, tyre wear and cc shuffler should be seen as a combination!

I can tell you, that you normally will have a "perfect" race if the values are - for example - 12000 (tyre wear) and 1800 (cc shuffler) or 11000 and 2000-something! Then - in my cases - you start with f.e. 1:30 and your laptimes get faster during the stint to 1:29 at the end!

If someone wants to drive every lap 1:30s - no problem... if someone wants it like the original formula one 2013, with a fast loss of tyre grip - just set the value of the cc shuffler higher... there is even no need to change the tyre wear itself!! Strange, but a cc shuffler is a great tool!!

So with the combination of both values, you can "decide how a stint should look like"!

I think the value of "tyre wear" is a little bit like "fuel" - more related to the track itself, and "cc shuffler" more like "fuel consumption 1 and 2"... it is not an exact comparison of course!

And, cc shuffler effects ALSO the CC cars! They also lose lot of time, if the value is too high! But, normally, they just lose 1 second, if a human driver loses 2 seconds (approx.) per lap!!

As i wrote for Losail - there was almost no grip left after 7 laps, but also for the cc dirvers - except of the 3 stopping! They had a big advantage and won the race by 1 minute! And why? Of course because the high cc shuffler value did not effect them as much, as the 1 and 2 stopping drivers... therefore they also lose time, but by far not as much as the others - and as they get much earlier fresh tyres and their "weight" (cc shuffler) was always less, they drove "circles" around their opponents ...

> I found in the same way what i called "error
> chance". cars retires all in the same turn by
> running wide... i lowered a value just for fun...
> cars no longer run wide... here we go with the
> error chance... still don't know if i got it
> right

-> yes, normally i do set both values to "1" to minimize the none finishers... and, if there is not a big other problem, for example the cc line, then i got almost no "none finishers" during a race! (with technical failures off, of course)
So you are also right with that!!

> about the tyre wear on the magicdata, it is the
> same, we don't know exactly what it does apart
> being related to wear. Some people reported that
> with values like 14000 after 3 laps they fell 2
> seconds off the pace while around 9000-10000 their
> race seemed quite fine. This made me think that
> the tyre wear value could be a percentage like the
> power factor or the grip factor, where
> 10000=100,00%. actually i don't know 100% of what
> but now with the info provided by Remedio about
> the compounds i can speculate that it is a sort of
> multiplier of these values. say you have a fixed
> degradation for each compound, the tyre wear in
> the md sets a multipler of this degradation. 10000
> could mean that the degradation will follow the
> fixed values, while 14000 could mean that the
> degradation is 40% higher. If this is correct,
> that parameter could be considered a "Wear
> Factor".

-> hmm, i can not tell you what the value exactly does, but i can tell you, that you will lose much time fast if either the tyre wear or the cc shuffler ist to high! For me - you know, that means GP3 2000 - it is pretty obvious that the tyre wear should be around 12000 and the cc shuffler between 1800-2700 (values of 3000-3500 are also okay, that are the approx. numbers, if you like to drive every lap the same time) ... but this also depends, "how your stint should look like" ... see above!!

I never got a big problem with a tyre wear value of 14000, or 15000, but you will lose normally more grip during your stint as with 12000! And if you have a very high cc shuffler value, you will have big grip problems at a certain point during the stint!

> this puts in circle then the ccshuffler which
> combined with these info has to be balanced. and
> then fix a bit the slispstream/air resistence
> factors to regulate the driveability.
> well, 14 years of gp3 and still learning. and
> people thought this game was gone:)

-> I would like to read something detailed about "slipstream/air resistence" if you do not mind!

And, maybe you can explain, why, at the original track Suzuka the value „added to car.field_108. related to cc grip factor“ is "0"!? Normally the value should be around „64768“ - that is really strange!!

R_Scandura schrieb:
> I never edited Gp2 so i miss all this part, but if
> gp3 is 'son' of gp2 the experience of gp2 modders
> would be very helpful to know how these parameters
> work.
>
> so if both games are coded at the same way the
> Tyre Wear in the md could be a balance "human wear
> vs AI wear" and not "human/AI wear vs track"?

-> as i know the tyre wear also effects the cc drivers - but that is more like...

- if the tyre wear is at the value of 4000 (cc shuffler also 4000), their tyres last longer! That means for example in Losail - they drive with 23 laps of fuel constant laptimes of 1:30,8 till lap 17, then they lose 2 laps 0,4 seconds per lap (before their stop)!

- if the tyre wear is at the value of 20000 (cc shuffler again 4000), they drive with 23 laps of fuel 1:30,8, then they lose quickly 0,2 seconds per lap and the last few laps before the stop they lose another 0,4 seconds (in total 0,6 seconds)!

That means - with a lesser tyre wear value, the cc drivers lose almost no grip and they drive constant laptimes... with a higher tyre wear value they lose quickly some time, but not much - AGAIN depending on the value of the cc shuffler!!!

As the cc shuffler value was at 4000 - a value where you can drive constant laptimes during a stint - the tyre wear effect was not big - tyre wear 4000 - no loss, tyre wear 20000 loss of 0,2 seconds per lap after a few laps...

But with both tyre wear values (4000/20000) you/they lose time right before the stop - that means, that - on the other side - the cc shuffler value is a little bit to high!!! If you would now change the cc shuffler to - maybe - 3500, then they would drive the complete stint with tyre wear 4000 around 1:38,0 and with tyre wear 20000 a few laps 1:38,0, and after that all laps 1:38,2!!!

It is pretty easy...

Just for the tyre wear - it seems, that there is no real big effect, if the value is at 4000 or at 20000 - in that example it is just 0,2 seconds per lap... (of course, as long as the cc shuffler is at a good value! i choose one, where the laptimes are almost constant...if not, there might be some changes)

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2013 06:47AM by meanmc.
see above :-)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2013 06:34AM by meanmc.
i usually measure the tyre wear from the gpxpatch tab at the bottom of the screen, in example with a wear of 20000 each wheel consumes 0.10 while a wear of 10000 consumes 0.05
no idea of how to intend it, works only for the human car. would be great to compare with the wear of the AI cars at the same way. is there any meter to rely on other than testing the laptimes?

-> I would like to read something detailed about "slipstream/air resistence" if you do not mind!
And, maybe you can explain, why, at the original track Suzuka the value „added to car.field_108. related to cc grip factor“ is "0"!? Normally the value should be around „64768“ - that is really strange!!

no idea about it all. all i know that could be related to slipstream was taken from what Belini posted, so i put it as is in the guide. There are a bunch of values there marked a related to grip the which origin is unknown. could be multiplier or factors, no idea

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2013 03:37PM by R_Scandura.
So it's very different from GP2 after all...I wish we could look at the grip data like we can in GP2. Does anybody have a link for GP3Video? As far as I remember, it saves uncompressed data, so it would be possible to find the grip data inside saved race files.
R_Scandura schrieb:
> i usually measure the tyre wear from the gpxpatch
> tab at the bottom of the screen, in example with a
> wear of 20000 each wheel consumes 0.10 while a
> wear of 10000 consumes 0.05
> no idea of how to intend it, works only for the
> human car. would be great to compare with the wear
> of the AI cars at the same way. is there any meter
> to rely on other than testing the laptimes?
>

> no idea about it all. all i know that could be
> related to slipstream was taken from what Belini
> posted, so i put it as is in the guide. There are
> a bunch of values there marked a related to grip
> the which origin is unknown. could be multiplier
> or factors, no idea

-> unfortunately i am just pragmatic, if it is for GP3 2000! And i can tell you just from my experiences - if i drive a track, i am analysing many paramaters before/thereafter i drive, and also my performance and the performance of the AI... to fix some problems and to prepare the track to have the best competitive race possible "the next time"!

for me it works perfect... i found my parameter to judge and know what will be the effect if i change them...

but, as i am a racer in the first place, my primary work target is to have "very close but flexible races", "perfect stints (for me and the AI)" and "no none finishers"!

but it is of course not what you asked for! Sorry! but i will learn more and more and try to help, if i can... and you see, with the cc shuffler value, you can rely on my experiences! the reason why i mentioned it is, you are right with looking after the "gpxpatch tab at the bottom of the screen" - but i think you can have "all the numbers", but as long as the cc shuffler value is "not proper", you will always be misled!

i am testing from time to time "unknown values" - if, i will let you know what i found out!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2013 04:45AM by meanmc.
R_Scandura Wrote:
> And, maybe you can explain, why, at the original
> track Suzuka the value „added to car.field_108.
> related to cc grip factor“ is "0"!? Normally the
> value should be around „64768“ - that is
> really strange!!

There is in fact, a lot of values like that in GPx. Some numbers are stored in the range -32786..32768. In these cases, if you read them the way they are stored they will appear as 0..65535, but every value above 32768 is in fact, a negative! (in computational terms they are called 16-bit signed words). So that 64768 probably is, in fact, a -768 (64768-65536...it will appear in the hex editor as 00 FD). In the Magic Data these numbers usually appear as a multiple of 256, so this would be -3*256 where the Suzuka value is 0*256. If that's the case, the difference is not that big, as it is in fact -3 against a 0, not 64768 against 0.

Of course this is only a guess, but there's a high probability that this number is negative, specially since the description says this number is added to another number. Someone with debugging skills would be able to confirm that, I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2013 04:51PM by RRRReméééédiooo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy