Another video card issue...

Posted by ErickVonDraxeler 
Another video card issue...
Date: April 03, 2009 11:58PM
Posted by: ErickVonDraxeler
Hi there...

After spending a month wondering about a new PC, I got it... Finally... It's a brand new Athlon 64 x2 +6000 with a 512MB GeForce 7200GS and 2GB RAM... It runs nice... That is... Not SO nice... The tyres aren't displaying correctly... It's not only the pink line issue, the contact patch is not matching the contact patch area (it advances a bit to sides...)

Screens following soon...

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
Re: Another video card issue...
Date: April 04, 2009 09:38PM
My bug's screens...

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Date: April 05, 2009 04:00AM
Posted by: Briere
Open the tread jams and paint the pink areas black (1,1,1 will do the trick I guess)
Date: April 05, 2009 04:50AM
Nope... I placed the wet tyres to make easy to look that there are something wrong there..

Date: April 05, 2009 06:55AM
Then I don't know ;)
Date: April 05, 2009 01:11PM
I mean, if there are another way to kill this bug... To paint the pink sections black is a way, but...?

Date: April 05, 2009 01:11PM
I mean, if there are another way to kill this bug... To paint the pink sections black is a way, but...?

Date: April 05, 2009 01:22PM
Actually, that is the only solution I ever heard of
Date: April 07, 2009 07:37PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
For what i know there is another kind of problem.
Of course, if you have a pink line on the tyre in the bmp file, you'll see the pink line (it's obvious, sorry...).
But the problem for me was: i saw a pink line, but there was no pink line in the bmp, so, testing, i discovered this: my graphic card was not able to manage a very light silver colour of the wheel. I solved painting the very light silver to a dark grey, and the pink line disappeared.
Hope this can help you.
Bye.
Date: April 07, 2009 08:51PM
You mean to paint the RIMS with a darker color?

Well, how I can explain what's my problem... OK, look this... Consider these height values where the game use the tyre textures:

000-080 = reversed tyre side + rims
103-153 = tyre contact patch
157-188 = tyre side

If you're switching to a wet tyre, one of 4 "types" will be allocated to the "contact patch" area... BUT!! The game (possibly the video card) is considering a earlier value for second and third areas (eg: 90-140 instead 103-153 and so on...)

If I reallocate textures to the positions where it can be correctly displayed, it would be OK... If I wouldn't switch to wet tyres... That's why I think that's another video card issue, like topic suggests... ;)

Belini had considered mismatching DPI resolution... By the way, it only adds another topic to my theory: GRAND PRIX 3 - Random bugs on random computers...

Date: April 08, 2009 12:00PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Yes, i had understood the issue: i had just reported another problem i had and solved. As i sayd in my previuos post, i didn't know if it could be useful to you: and yes, i meant i painted the rims with a darker silver.
Therefore, i always had my problem in external view, never from in-car view, so, looking at the images you posted, this is not your problem.
And yes, it seems that Gp3 has different behavior on different PC, OS, graphic card... (maybe related to all the modding we did...).
Sorry i can't help you.
Bye
Date: April 08, 2009 02:53PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
the graphics in your screenshots are outstanding! my gp3 graphics are no were near is this due to your new video card? thanks
Date: April 08, 2009 03:31PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
change the pink line to green!

also, what are the coords for the T-cam view?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 03:32PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: April 09, 2009 10:04PM
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> change the pink line to green!
>
> also, what are the coords for the T-cam view?

Green, you mean, CYAN? Or GREEN 0-255-0?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy