Time to give something back to the community

Posted by ivocalha 
Re: Time to give something back to the community
Date: March 23, 2009 01:31AM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Please, Hyundai and Volvo!!! ;)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: March 23, 2009 01:53AM
Posted by: Racer#73
My suggestion for the Lotus would be switching the John Player's Special on the engine cover with the Gold Leaf on the side pod. Just my opinion. Nevetherless, the car looks cool. BTW, I think that the Lotus logo by the exaust pipes on the original car looks better than the new one.

Regarding the Aston Martin, I really liked what you did by mixing the classic British Racing Green with the Gulf colors. Really nice job.

For the rest of Division III, my suggestions.

2 - Chrysler - Not much to say. Maybe do something looking more like Le Mans 1996/1997
3 - Maserati - IMO you should go easy on the Red Bull and Vitaphone sponsors. My suggestion would be something inspired on the 2005 colors. Blue all the way with Pirelli as main sponsor.
4 - Suzuki - based on Rallying, but change the yellow to blue (I'm not that crazy for blue) to give a bit of mix between car racing and bike racing.
5 - Lancia - Martini of course, I can't find a Lancia that isn't a Martini car except for the 1993 WRC Repsol Lancia, and a yellow and green Lancia LC2 from Le Mans 1984. Well, there was a good Portuguese rally driver (Carlos Bica) that drove a SG Gigante Lancia in the Portuguese rally champs in the early 90's.
6 - Subaru - Also nothing much to say. 555 tobacco sponsor. BTW Subaru also powered Coloni in F1 in 1990, with no results.
7 - Lamborghini - Black as base color. A maybe mix a bit of F1 teams that were once powere by Lamborghini: Larrousse, Lotus F1 1990, Ligier 1991, and Minardi 1992.
8 - Bentley - based on Lemans. Sponsored by Breitling
9 - Spyker - based on F1 and Lemans. No opinion on this one as I don't know much about this manufacturer history.
10 - Skoda - based on Rallying, I agree.
11 - Infiniti - based on Indycar. Also no opinion, for the same reason as Spyker.

Well, these are my suggestions.

BTW, Brett Sinclair, sorry for keeping correcting things, but Danica Patrick never drove an Indycar powered by Infiniti. Actually her first year in the Indycar Series was in 2005 and the last year Inifiniti powered a car for the ICS was in 2002. So, basically she only drove IndyCars powered by Honda.

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2009 04:01AM by Racer#73.
Racer#73 schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BTW, Brett Sinclair, sorry for keeping correcting
> things, but Danica Patrick never drove an Indycar
> powered by Infiniti. Actually her first year in
> the Indycar Series was in 2005 and the last year
> Inifiniti powered a car for the ICS was in 2002.
> So, basically she only drove IndyCars powered by
> Honda.

I did not say that she drove an Infinity powered car...I just wanted to say to use the colours to honor the first female driver in Indy car history to win a race (2008 Indy Japan 300) that's all, watch the link...

[en.wikipedia.org]

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: March 23, 2009 11:08AM
Posted by: Jacques26
As always you have made some very nice cars.
I was a bit disappointed with the Lotus, just not 'enough' black and gold to suit me. Still, 1 marginal disappointment vs. numerous outstanding cars => Yeah!

Anyway, for my recommendations:

2 - Chrysler - I'd go with Valvoline

3 - Maserati - Company colours are white and (dark) blue so I'd either go with their 2005 dark blue livery or a nice Parmalat livery based on the Brabhams of the mid 1980s.

4 - Suzuki - I'd go with the Rizla (bike) livery. A nice shade of light blue with yellow/gold letters.

5 - Lancia - Martini is of course the iconic sponsor for Lancia. However, they have had a few others too. Martini can be done in white (Martini Bianco) or red (Martini Rosso). Other options are Marlboro (the original sponsor of the Stratos), Alitalia or Totip.

6 - Subaru - This has to be 555, its as iconic for Subaru as JPS is for Lotus (sorry, couldn't resist that remark, my bad...)

7 - Lamborghini - Since Lambo doesn't have an iconic sponsor, I'd go with the Italian national colours. Alitalia, Totip or this one:
[forzamotorsport.net]

8 - Bentley - As previously said: Breitling or Harrods.

9 - Spyker - The Spyker squadron uses orange and silver as its colours (see Google). With some black added, it should make for a nice livery. No title sponsor but McGregor has been a major sponsor.

10 - Skoda - You could go with their rallying colours (ripped from the Italian flag ;)or go with Budweiser sponsoring....

11 - Infiniti - You could pick any (anonymous) livery from an Infiniti sponsored IRL team but I'd go for a Player's livery (as used by Greg Moore and Paul Tracy). Much more interesting....
Date: March 23, 2009 04:28PM
@Brett Sinclair

Sorry mate, my bad, I misunderstood it. I'm a bit of a fanatic for Indycar racing and the Indy 500, that I wanted to show off my knowledge;)

Cheers.
Date: March 23, 2009 08:12PM
Posted by: ivocalha
Guys, Chrysler...

i'm tired...
Date: March 24, 2009 04:18AM
Fantastic!!!

Date: March 24, 2009 08:58AM
Posted by: drafi5
The complete First and Second Division carsets are now available
at my homepage in the "F3 Euroseries" section, enjoy.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: March 24, 2009 04:40PM
Nice looking Chrysler but I think you should change the Playstation 2 sponsor by a Playstation 3 sponsor. PS2 is a bit out of date for the current times.

Cheers, looking forward for the next one.
Date: March 24, 2009 06:47PM
Racer#73 Wrote:
> Nice looking Chrysler but I think you should
> change the Playstation 2 sponsor by a Playstation
> 3 sponsor. PS2 is a bit out of date for the
> current times.

I've also thought about it, but PS3 logo doesn't have good proportions....it's too wide and too small....when resizing doesn't have enough resolution.
Date: March 24, 2009 07:41PM
Here is next one on the list...Maserati:

That's what I call a nice blue car...yeahhhhhhh!!! ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
Date: March 25, 2009 11:24AM
What about make a community championship using these cars and real drivers? ;)

Date: March 25, 2009 01:49PM
Rod_vs Wrote:
> What about make a community championship using
> these cars and real drivers? ;)

I think it's a good idea...that was already mentioned before....

Here is Suzuki,

Date: March 25, 2009 05:11PM
Posted by: jyceZZ9
Thank you for all these beautifull cars !
Very nice work.
Date: March 25, 2009 09:10PM
jyce Wrote:
> Thank you for all these beautifull cars !
> Very nice work.

Thanks Jyce....comparing with your work this is just a small contribution to the community.

Here is the next car...one that many people is waiting for.....hope it's up to the expectation

She is gorgeous...just lovely...WOW ;)

Date: March 26, 2009 01:44AM
ivocalha Wrote:

> Here is the next car...one that many people is
> waiting for.....hope it's up to the expectation
>

IMO It's better than the expected. The Suzuki and the Maserati too. Very nice mix of sponsors. I like it a lot.

Congrats.

Cheers.
Date: March 26, 2009 04:00AM
Ivocalha, if you have time, you can make races. Or another people, I can make the carset...

About cars, great! Fantastic!

Date: March 26, 2009 08:47AM
Rod_vs Wrote:
> Ivocalha, if you have time, you can make races. Or
> another people, I can make the carset...

Hi Rod_vs, i cannot do the races....i don't have Gp3-2000.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy