indy trax

Posted by ipswich2007 
indy trax
Date: April 29, 2009 04:01PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
hi, partly because im lazy and also because i am bored with google. could any one tell me where to find the latest versions (e.g. newest track graphics) of all the 2009 irl tracks ? i know there are some in the old downloads section but am not sure whether there are better versions or not??
thanks
tracks are:
St. Petersburg
Long Beach
Kansas Speedway
Indianapolis
Milwaukee
Texas
Iowa
Richmond
Watkins Glen
Toronto
Edmonton
Kentucky
Mid-Ohio
Infineon
Chicagoland
Twin Ring Motegi
Homestead-Miami

Thanks in advance
Re: indy trax
Date: April 29, 2009 04:50PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
ehi, if you should get more lazy, give me a call, i'll pack some friends and will play the season for you ;-)

check the database on my site to start. tells where some of the existing tracks are located. For most of the tracks first version is also the latest version so won't be hard to guess. Most of them are stored here in gpg I think, need to wait the site update though.

-------------------------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2009 05:10PM by R_Scandura.
Date: April 29, 2009 05:27PM
i would but i dont have your number :P jokez...

okay will do thanks
Date: April 29, 2009 07:19PM
Posted by: Jackal
I did a full 2008 Indy Car season last year, but admittedly I used some tracks not on the list to replace those that haven't been made or don't work 100%. Also, it would have been a shame not to include the awesome Sutton Park oval in my season, so it served as a Richmond replacement.

I got most of the tracks from gpg.org though, wait til the site update has been done and you should find at least the following: St Pete, Homestead, Motegi, Indy, Texas, The Glen, Toronto, Chicago, Milwaukee, Mid Ohio and Sears Point/Infineon.

Some of them need a little magic data tweaking though because otherwise it's not a challenge, you'll need to experiment with the settings a little to get the AI competitive. If you have a particular track you need advice on I can tell you the values I used, but don't be to lazy again and ask me about all of them :p
Date: May 02, 2009 06:44PM
i make sure i ask you for future advice then:P:P
Date: May 04, 2009 07:52PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
About the MD of oval tracks, remember:
- increase the CC grip (even to 11000 and more)
- decrease tyre consumption (about 9300)
- on superspeedway set front wing to 1-3 and rear wing to 1; you need to change the gear ratio, to have quite long 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th and quite short 5th and 6th as in real life.
Note: i use the original physic file, Gp3 1.13.
In the download section you'll find almost every track, and a few updated by me (not only ovals).
If you need more info about ovals, let me know: after a lot of testing, i finally got good MD setup, and very challenging races on ovals.
If you want i can send you a couple of MD files as samples (maybe a short oval, a medium and a superspeedway).
At the moment we don't have Edmonton, Iowa and Richmond, but you can replace them with Nazareth oval, Phoenix oval, Rio oval, Vancouver, Chicago oval, Atlanta oval, Fonatana Oval, Michigan Oval, Houston, Elkhart Lake, Portland, Detroit...
I mean, they are not the nowadays races, but are very nice to drive.
BTW: Roberto Scandura has made beautiful Kansas, Chicagoland and maybe Kentucky, but for some reasons i am not able to set a good MD. The problem is that the CC start the race very very slow and it is too easy to overtake all them; then during the race all is ok. Any idea?
Bye.
Date: May 04, 2009 08:07PM
it could be the banked turn or the long gear ratio. gp3 is not done for ovals. the reason is the ccline. AI cars drive locked inside the ccline so will brake as they meet curved sectors (see motegi).

many ovals are clones of others. just change the name and the angle of banking and you have an additional track

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2009 08:09PM by R_Scandura.
Date: May 05, 2009 10:34AM
Yes Rob, but what i can't understand is why your beautiful Atlanta works perfectly, and why your beautiful Kansas not (only related to the slow start isuue). Therefore, i had the same problem with Fonatna oval, and solved in the same way of Atlanta: a higher CC power factor value, and increased front and rear wings: they start fast and have the right speed during the race, with right acceleration. But for Kansas this doesn't work. And had no problems with Motegi.
I know Gp3 was not designed for ovals, so we have to work a lot with MD to have them working: anyway, at the moment i have more then 10 ovals, and a lot of fun racing on them. I still think that racing on ovals is a great challenge!
Bye.
Date: May 05, 2009 01:45PM
well, if you point me on those examples (atlanta ok, kansas no) i think it's a matter of the ccline. In atlanta part of starting grid is straight so cars just follow the ccline direction as the radius of the ccline is reasonably straight. In kansas the s/f is in the tightest corner and the ccline is highly curved, so starting from the slot the find hard to accelerate and on the same time control the speed in a curved banked turn where ccline force them to slow down and move across the track to find their position on the racing line. I guess in all the ovals where the s/f is on a straight there is no problem.

it would be flawless if there could be a launched start so all cars will start from the ccline position aready at high speed. Try this experiment: in the md increase this value
1 ; a segment nr before which flag 0x80 in car.flags_ce is not cleared
to the length of the oval. if cars won't overtake you can simulate the launch lap ;) it's more of a joke but who knows...
but on a serious note try to increse that value in order to let the ai cars accelerate like in a rail line til the end of turn 2 where they meet the ccline in the inside. Probably if you prevent them to cross the track to meet the ccline they will accelerate more

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2009 01:48PM by R_Scandura.
Date: May 05, 2009 03:46PM
Man, you're right as always.
But you give me two very very very nice tips, expecially the "launch lap" one (i had never thought this way...).
I am happy like a child, i'm looking forward to be back home to test it!
Bye.
Date: May 05, 2009 05:34PM
good luck, but don't expect too much, cars will start to mess after few meters and will pass ;-)

Date: May 06, 2009 10:35AM
R_Scandura Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> good luck, but don't expect too much, cars will
> start to mess after few meters and will pass ;-)

Ahhhhhhhh! bad illusion...
I tried with Kansas, but i can't neither make the CC have a good speed...
I'll try again, maybe with Atlanta: but the idea to have the launch-lap is too exciting...
Bye
Date: May 06, 2009 01:51PM
eheh maybe i shouldn't have called it launch lap because wasn't not the same thing. it may work for the first turns, indeed i noticed the cars on the external slot stan on the top of the baking fro a while before to cross the track. but it could be also the lower gears too long. remember that in ovals they don't have a proper start so you could shorten the lower gears to give cars a quick jump and set the highest for the race speed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy