Time to give something back to the community

Posted by ivocalha 
Re: Time to give something back to the community
Date: March 15, 2009 02:15PM
Posted by: Jacques26
There is something wrong with your Ford car IMO. The colours and sponsors just don't "work".

BP and Ford seem to be the main sponsors as they provide the livery colours but they have little actual signage. Meanwhile Castrol and Abu Dhabi seem to have pride of place. And DeWalt in yellow clashes with everything.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I love what you are doing and these cars will certainly grace my grids. But as a suggestion I would reduce the Castrol branding (yes, I know its owned by BP) and push up the BP angle. Put BP on the sidepods and smaller castrol on the hood or something. And change DeWalt to Castrol or just the colour of the barge board into BP green or something already strongly seen in the livery. Since they are a secondary sponsor, they normally wouldn't get to use their own colours. And get rid of Abu Dhabi or have them rewritten in matching colours.

As to Bentley, just could go with VW branding.....Or either Harrods or Breitling seems an obvious choice. Something upmarket. Bentley wouldn't want to go with a company like Halfords.

When doing a Mercedes, how about a Kouros Mercedes? They were the first sponsors of the Sauber Mercedes sportscars and it was a lovely livery. Just google it for inspiration.
Date: March 15, 2009 02:25PM
Posted by: ivocalha
Here is my AUDI:

I know i said before i was going to try and increase Audi Quattro role in the painting but after some thought i could not do nothing else, because i wanted to include DTM and Lemans bits.

Next will Nissan, inspired on Lemans, Dakar and Jap Touring.
Date: March 15, 2009 02:30PM
Jacques26 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please don't take this the wrong way, I love what
> you are doing and these cars will certainly grace
> my grids. But as a suggestion I would reduce the
> Castrol branding (yes, I know its owned by BP) and
> push up the BP angle. Put BP on the sidepods and
> smaller castrol on the hood or something. And
> change DeWalt to Castrol or just the colour of the
> barge board into BP green or something already
> strongly seen in the livery. Since they are a
> secondary sponsor, they normally wouldn't get to
> use their own colours. And get rid of Abu Dhabi or
> have them rewritten in matching colours.

Thanks for the analysis. All you said sounds logical and correct. But i'll not loose anymore time on this livery. And no, i don't take your advise the wrong way. As a matter of fact i appreciate it a lot, because only with opinions like those it's possible to keep improving.

> As to Bentley, just could go with VW
> branding.....Or either Harrods or Breitling seems
> an obvious choice. Something upmarket. Bentley
> wouldn't want to go with a company like Halfords.

Ok.

> When doing a Mercedes, how about a Kouros
> Mercedes? They were the first sponsors of the
> Sauber Mercedes sportscars and it was a lovely
> livery. Just google it for inspiration.

Mercedes is also done and dusted.
Date: March 15, 2009 04:57PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Your cars really are fantastic, I don't play GP3 anymore, but I have to comment when seeing these wonderful liveries! Excellent job! :) :)
Date: March 15, 2009 05:04PM
The Lopper Wrote:
> Your cars really are fantastic, I don't play GP3
> anymore, but I have to comment when seeing these
> wonderful liveries! Excellent job! :) :)

Thanks! It's good to know that...and if they will make you come back to gp3, even better ;)
Date: March 15, 2009 10:43PM
Here is my Nissan:

I invented a bit and i'm wondering if it wouldn't be prettier if i hadn't include the blue part.

Last livery will be Chevrolet. Based on WTCC and Nascar.
Date: March 16, 2009 01:13AM
Posted by: Racer#73
I must admit I was expecting a bit more from the Audi, yet it's a good combination of the modern days DTM with the Le Mans cars. Maybe the DTM bits should go back more to the 80's early 90's. A bit like this one: [www.zandbak.net]. It would be more a mix of early day with current days. I'm a bit crazy about the 80's regarding motorsport ;)

As for the Nissan, it's another cool looking car. And the blue is fine, since the Le Mans cars from the group C era had as main colors blue, red and white.

As for the Chevrolet IMO you also should base it a little in the ALMS Corvette, 'cause the Corvette is the manufacturer's most popular car.

Cheers, I'm looking forward to see will your chevy look like.

PS: @Brett Sinclair: I hate to tell you this mate, but Steve McQueen's Gulf sponsored car in the Le Mans movie was the good old Porsche 917 ;)
Racer#73 schreef:
> PS: @Brett Sinclair: I hate to tell you this mate,
> but Steve McQueen's Gulf sponsored car in the Le
> Mans movie was the good old Porsche 917 ;)

My fault...wrong example,well oké let's take an other... I'm not a chauvinist,so take the Good old Gulf sponsored car of my country man Jacky Ickx the GT40 were he did win the 24h of Le Mans with teammate Jackie Oliver in 1969 who run against the brand new Porsche 917 (John Woolfe) and Porsche 908 from team (Hermann/Larousse) to win his first of Six Le Mans races,on the last strate line.
After that he drove with Porsche 917 to other victories in Le Mans.
BTW Jacky Ickx was the first driver who dared to step into the new Porsche 917 no one else did.;)

[nl.wikipedia.org]

PS: I do like the colours of the Ford's and Porsche's doh!

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: March 16, 2009 08:18PM
Guys, with this right piece of s#it i finished my first ever 100% owned carset. It's Chevrolet!

I used Racer#73 inspiration tip, mixed with a bit of current WTCC and sponsors of some of the best chevys currently in Nascar, which made me loose my mind cause it's impossible to mix it right creating this chaotic livery.

Now i feel a little bit drained so, i will only get back to painting "second division" in a week or so. Car-makers which will be part of this are:

1 - Citroen, based on WRC and Dakar
2 - VW, based on Dakar
3 - Seat, based on WTCC
4 - Mazda, based on Lemans (?!) and Jap Touring
5 - Opel, based on DTM
6 - Dodge, based on Nascar
7 - Mitsubishi, based on Dakar and WRC
8 - Porsche, based on Lemans
9 - Jaguar, based on F1 and Lemans
10 - Alfa Romeu, based on F1, DTM and ITC
11 - Lotus, based on F1

Feel free to suggest any other inspiration sources for this 11 cars. From what i could read, some of you guys are motorsport living encyclopedias!

thanks!
You can inspirate in rally for Seat because there aren't much sources.
Ivocalha,

Thx for your great first devision of 100% carset...TAKE A GOOD REST to POWER UP YOUR BATTERIES...because YOU REALLY DESERVE IT !!!

I think and I hope that I have permission to speak for everyone on this community that we are looking forward to your SECOND DEVISION ;)

You are a real asset to GPG... GP3 lives on because of you and other wizzards of this community.

Take care and we see you back soon...:)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: March 16, 2009 09:10PM
Posted by: drafi5
@ ivocalha:
great work, I would like to compile a carset with your cars, cockpits,
artwork, helmets, jackmen.
Would you please give me your permission to use your cars and your email
to send you the carset, thanks in advance.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: March 16, 2009 09:12PM
drafi5 Wrote:
> @ ivocalha:
> great work, I would like to compile a carset with
> your cars, cockpits,
> artwork, helmets, jackmen.
> Would you please give me your permission to use
> your cars and your email
> to send you the carset, thanks in advance.
>
>

Yes drafi5, of course....as i said before it's an honour.

email: ivocalha@yahoo.co.uk

cheers
Ivocalha,

very nice cars, many thanks.

I'd like to advise you the Mercedes car image is corrupted and link an incorrect picture. Please check it.

Best Regards,
Sergio.
Date: March 16, 2009 09:13PM
Posted by: drafi5
Thank you very much.

Happy racing from Germany !!!

Date: March 16, 2009 09:35PM
sergio_poletti Wrote:

> I'd like to advise you the Mercedes car image is
> corrupted and link an incorrect picture. Please
> check it.
>

Hi Sergio, i've edited the original post. Can you see it now?
Ivocalha,

sorry, bu I still cannot download the Mercedes file.

Best Regards,
Sergio.
Date: March 16, 2009 11:33PM
Posted by: Jacques26
Again my thanks for a yet another car. I look forward to your second group. And do take all the time you need. I'd rather wait than see a talented artist suffer GP3 burnout.

1 - Citroen, based on WRC and Dakar: Hmm, a red car with Total livery? Or perhaps blue Gauloises branding?
2 - VW, based on Dakar: Guess that would be Red Bull blue and silver?
3 - Seat, based on WTCC: More Red Bull or Repsol? Or perhaps even the orange and black of Tom Coronel's 2007 car. That was a very nice livery.
4 - Mazda, based on Lemans (?!) and Jap Touring: That has to be the Renown green and orange livery, right?
5 - Opel, based on DTM: You could go with any of their sponsors but a real Opel should be a combination of yellow, white and black.
6 - Dodge, based on Nascar: Texaco? Valvoline? I really like Valvoline because of its clean, sharp colours.
7 - Mitsubishi, based on Dakar and WRC: Marlboro or Repsol?
8 - Porsche, based on Lemans: Martini, Mobil and obviously Rothmans spring to mind but perhaps Jagermeister or the yellow/white/black Newman of Joest Porsche might be an interesting choice.
9 - Jaguar, based on F1 and Lemans: Silk Cut please. The predominantly white one of 1985-1990.
10 - Alfa Romeo, based on F1, DTM and ITC: Got to be a Martini livery, either in red or white. Although I loved the F1 Benetton greens as well.
11 - Lotus, based on F1: Could it be anything else than John Player Special black & gold? There are other options (Martini green, Gold Leaf, Essex) but JPS is the way to go IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 12:01AM by Jacques26.
Date: March 17, 2009 12:18AM
I CAN ONLY BE INSANE!

I just had written "...i'm drained...", "...need to rest...", "...see you in one week...", blá, blá, blá...not more than 5 minutes after and BANG, Citroen starts to shape up in my mind, i do a quick research and:

Second division - number one car livery, can be written off the list!

Next one...yes Jacques26...right on the target...Blue and Silver Red Bull VW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2009 03:50PM by ivocalha.
Date: March 17, 2009 05:07AM
Posted by: Racer#73
ivocalha Wrote:
> I CAN ONLY BE INSANE!
>
> I just had written "...i'm drained...", "...need
> to rest...", "...see you in one week...", blá,
> blá, blá...not more than 5 minutes after and
> BANG, Citroen starts to shape up in my mind, i do
> a quick research and:

When you're on a roll, sometimes it's hard to stop. I'm also like that. Well, I used to be...;)

The Chevy is kind of cool, I guess with darker yellow would be better (as in Pennzoil cars yellow). That one looks a bit too bright, but it can also be from my computer. And maybe replace the Compuware sponsor for Goodwrench (a legendary chevy sponsor). Anyway, the car is good, and from the beginning it would be a hard task to mix it all 'cause there dozens of legendary NASCAR chevy's.

The Citroen is also very nice. Very simple livery. I like it. Congrats on that too.

Regarding your second division cars, if I may, i'm just going to make my suggestions based on Jacques26 (I hope you don't mind Jacques26).

2 - VW, based on Dakar: I agree.
3 - Seat, based on WTCC: Definitely Repsol as it is more associated with the factory racing cars.
4 - Mazda, based on Lemans (?!) and Jap Touring: Don't forget WRC too from late 80's/early 90's. How about something like 1991 Le Mans winner pattern with the WRC colors???
5 - Opel, based on DTM: I agree.
6 - Dodge, based on Nascar: How about something based on the Dodge Dealers mixed with the STP sponsor as Richard Petty's team cars are Dodges? (is going to another tough job this one ivocalha, many cool Dodges on NASCAR for you to base on)
7 - Mitsubishi, based on Dakar and WRC: How about a Ralli Art based colors sponsored by Marlboro and Repsol?
8 - Porsche, based on Lemans: 1998 Le Mans based with Rothmans as main sponsor and Martini as secondary.
9 - Jaguar, based on F1 and Lemans: That's gonna a hard one, the Le Mans and F1 colors are so hard to combine. Anyway, main sponsor Silk Cut and secondary HSBC
10 - Alfa Romeo, based on F1, DTM and ITC: And WTCC. Anyway, main color red. I thought you should leave the Martini sponsor to a Lancia car but it isn't a bad idea, actually. You could combine the Martini sponsor with the red, remembering a bit of 1977 Brabham which was also powered by Alfa Romeo
11 - Lotus, based on F1: Don't quite have an opinion on this one. I kind of agree with Jacques26, but It would be cool to see something different too.

Well, these are my suggestions. I'm looking forward to see your new cars, no matter our suggestions are. You've been presenting this community with an awesome pack of cars, so I agree with Brett Sinclair when he says you're a real asset to GPG and GP3. Thank you for the cars.

Cheers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy