Time to give something back to the community

Posted by ivocalha 
Re: Time to give something back to the community
Date: March 12, 2009 05:24PM
Posted by: ivocalha
Ok guys, i'm enjoying this, so here is the next one...Renault. I know it will be difficult to beat TOYOTA's painting, but here goes for your appraisal anyway:

In this one i was in doubt of having gray or white flanks. I took the first choice to try and make it more up-to-date. With this i think a managed to find a mix of current days style with Arnoux's old fashion F1 Renault's. What do you think?

I don't know why, some of the previous paintings thumbnails disappeared from the forum. I edited all the posts again, so i hope there will not be any visualization problem any longer.

Next one will be HONDA! I will try to mix F1 Hondas with Senna's/Prost's/Berger's Mc Laren Hondas, choosing Lucky Strike as tobacco sponsor.

Take care
DAMN...this is a really awesome job you did...,I wish I had your skills.
Looking forward to the rest ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Hi ivocalha, me again...I think that jyce and colleagues have a real rival in you...for making beautifull car's.:-o

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
Date: March 12, 2009 06:35PM
Hi Brett,

nannn...i'm no where near those guys...still learning my trade! ;)
Date: March 12, 2009 07:55PM
Posted by: Jacques26
WOW.

Just WOW.

Great looking cars. Thank you.
ivocalha schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Brett,
>
> nannn...i'm no where near those guys...still
> learning my trade! ;)

Well...you are doing a damn good job and we on GPG are glad to have you ! (H)

Date: March 13, 2009 12:00AM
People, i present you my Honda:

I tried to include some Mc Laren Honda details without including any Marlboro logos and also wanted to create a different Lucky Strike Honda/BAR. To be honest, i think i achieved it! I'm really pleased with this one...but taste is too much subjective.

Anyway, with this 6 cars i've finished the current official car-makers in F1 (except Honda ;) ).

To continue my first carset, i'll do what in my opinion are the top 5 motorsport carmakers in the world not in F1. They are:

Peugeot, Ford, Nissan, Audi and Chevrolet.

After that i'll take care of this car-maker formula's "second division", where i'll include brands like Citroen, Opel, Seat, VW, Mitsubishi, Porsche, etc, etc, etc...

Feel free to suggest what in your opinion are brands which should be in this second lote. I'm not sure if Lotus will be on this or on "third division" ;)

Tell me your thoughts...and thanks for your help!
Date: March 13, 2009 07:39AM
Posted by: Jacques26
Well, if you look at F1, there are a few manufacturers that spring to mind:
Peugeot (obviously), Ford/Jaguar, Yamaha, Porsche, Subaru, Alfa Romeo....

Adding Le Mans type racing would give you Audi, Bentley, Aston Martin, Spyker, Lamborghini etc.
Date: March 13, 2009 08:41AM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
*Jumps up and down and shouts "LOTUS" at the top of his voice*

;)

And I would humbly suggest both Maserati and Alfa Romeo are more important in GP racing at least that almost any other manufacturers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: March 13, 2009 09:09AM
Good morning to all!

First of all, i would like to thank all the suggestions so far...but i want more!!!! ;)

The philosophy around this formula is a mix between motor racing and car making. Even though the used template is a F1, i'm looking forward for painting any car maker which was involved at least having a "semi-official" team in any automobile motorsport, i.e, F1, LeMans, Rallying, WTCC/DTM, Dakar, NASCAR, other formulas...

To backup the presence of non-F1 car makers in this formula i can say they weren't there yet because of a money matter or they simply didn't want....but all of them would have enough expertise to do it.

So, bring it on!!!
Hi again,

what about BRM,BRABHAM,COOPER,HESKETH,EMBASSY RACING,SHADOW,LOTUS,OSELLA,TYRELL,LIGIER,ARROWS,JORDAN,...

TOLEMAN GROUP MOTORSPORT 1st car of A.SENNA - Car/Engine 1.5 t/c Toleman TG1838-Hart 4
JOHN PLAYER SPECIAL TEAM LOTUS 2nd car of AYRTON SENNA - Car/Engine 1.5 t/c Lotus 97T-Renault V6
OWEN RACING ORGANISATION 1st car of Sir JACKIE STEWART - Car/Engine 1.5 BRM P261 V8
MATRA INTERNATIONAL 2 nd car of Sir JACKIE STEWART - Car/Engine 3.0 MatraMS9-Cosworth V8
TYRRELL RACING ORGANIZATION 1st car OF JEAN ALESI - Car/Engine 3.5 Tyrrell O18-Cosworth V8
HESKETH RACING 1st car of JAMES HUNT - Car/Engine 3.0 March 731-Cosworth V8
TEAM LOTUS 1st car of GRAHAM HILL - Car/Engine 2.0 Lotus 12-Climax 4
EMBASSY RACING OF GRAHAM HILL - Car/Engine 3.0 Lola T370-Cosworth V8
YARDLEY BRM 1st car of HOWDEN GANLEY - Car/Engine 3.0 BRM P153 V12
WEST ZAKSPEED RACING 1st car of CHRISTIAN DANNER - Car/Engine 1.5 t/c Zakspeed 841 4
ALFA ROMEO Spa 1st car of JUAN MANUEL FANGIO - Car/Engine 1.5 s/c Alfa Romeo 158/50 8
ELF TEAM TYRRELL 1st car of PATRICK DEPAILLER - Car/Engine 3.0 Tyrrell 004-Cosworth V8
STP MARCH RACING TEAM 1st car of NIKKI LAUDA - Car/Engine 3.0 March 711-Cosworth V8
SAMSON SHADOW RACING TEAM 1st car of JAN LAMMERS - Car/Engine 3.0 Shadow DN9-Cosworth V8
LIGIER GITANES 2nd car of JACQUES LAFFITE - Car/Engine 3.0 Ligier JS-Matra V12

There are a lot of TEAMS who were crucial for F1 who were the stone layers in a matter of speaking, that's why I gave you some of them above...hope you can use it.
If you need some more,just give me the name of the former F1 Pilot and I give you all the cars he drove until the year 1995.

Thx to "The Grand Prix Who's Who 2nd Edit from STEVE SMALL by Guinness Publishing"

Date: March 13, 2009 10:39AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
muahhhhhhhh i can't see the mercedes ;(

but nice cars :)

-------------------------------
R_Scandura schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> muahhhhhhhh i can't see the mercedes ;(
>
> but nice cars :)

Sorry Roberto...here you go,

DAIMLER BENZ AG - World Champion Car 1954-1955 of JUAN MANUEL FANGIO - Car/Engine Mercedes-Benz W196 8 str

and a one time special car Belgian Sponsoring/Team

MONEYTRON ONYX driven by STEFAN JOHANSSON 1989/90 - Car/Engine 3.5 Onyx ORE 1-Cosworth V8

Date: March 13, 2009 11:02AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
yeeeeee great lists there :)

-------------------------------
Date: March 13, 2009 04:45PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
SEAT - WTCC
Lada - WTCC
Alfa Romeo - WTCC
Volvo - WTCC
MG - BTCC
Proton - IRC
Skoda - WRC
Mitsubishi - WRC
Subaru - WRC
Holden - AUSV8
Saleen - FIAGT
Aston Martin - FIAGT
Maserati - FIAGT
Lamborghini - FIAGT
Gillett - FIAGT
Pontiac - NASCAR
Dodge - NASCAR
Opel - DTM
Volkswagen - Stock Car Brazil
Mazda - SUPERGT
Panoz - ALMS
Acura - ALMS

and several others i couldn't remember of...

-------------------------------------------
Date: March 13, 2009 05:39PM
Posted by: davidm
These are all great ideas. Would you also though consider some of the possibilities in the future for cars - eg Virgin, Prodrive, a Bwin sponsored Brawn and so on? That I think would be great.
Haven't planned of making a Ford like the rally one? It would be nice! And a Volkswagen from Dakar!
Date: March 13, 2009 06:14PM
Hi guys here is my Peugeot...in fact two versions of it:

I did the first one but i was not happy, so i had another go and i think the second version is better and cleaner!

Next will be Ford, inspired on WRC (leaving Martini sponsor to Lancia) and maybe some Nascar. In your opinion what can be other inspiration sources for it?

thanks in advance
Date: March 14, 2009 12:57AM
Posted by: Racer#73
Hi again.

Once again wonderful job on those cars.

The Renault has a very 80's look, which makes the car look cool.

The Honda is also nice. I only think is that the stripe on the nose of the car with the Lucky Strike colors should be red, in order to look more like the Honda of its very early years on F1, by late 60's.

And the Peugeots are another piece of art, though I like the car on the right better. The Gauloises sponsor on the other IMO it doesn't match with the rest of the car. Anyway, great mix of the present official Le Mans with the Peugeot cars from the late 80's.

Cheers, and don't stop creating those awesome cars.
Yes the Peugeot on the right is extremely nice :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy