Time to give something back to the community

Posted by ivocalha 
Time to give something back to the community
Date: March 09, 2009 02:20PM
Posted by: ivocalha
Hi everyone,

i've been one of those who have silently consumed what this GP3 community had to offer, but now i've decided it's time to give at least something back and start contributing also.

So i'll paint some dozens of cars, each one of them associated to a car maker, and i'll start with my favourite F1 car maker...

It was inspired on various F1 Ferraris, since Niki Lauda

I know the shadowing is not up to date, so could you please suggest some layer?

Next one will be Mercedes!

Hope you enjoy it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2009 05:08PM by ivocalha.
Re: Time to give something back to the community
Date: March 09, 2009 05:28PM
Posted by: Racer#73
Congratulations, nice work. Beautiful car indeed, thought the template used for it it's not one of my favorites. Nevertheless, god job.

Can I suggest for the Mercedes, do something remembering the good old Silver Arrow from the 50's, or the Group C Mercedes from Le Mans?

Cheers, and keep up with the good work.
Date: March 09, 2009 07:13PM
Thanks,

Yeah, that's what i was thinking about...inspiration will be a mix of Silver Arrow, Lemans, F1 since Hakkinen was champ and a bit of DTM.

Let's see what i can come with!
Date: March 10, 2009 06:53PM
Here comes Mercedes:

By ivocalha at 2009-03-11

Next one: BMW
Inspiration: BMW f1, Formula BMW, BMW Lemans, BMW M1, BMW DTM

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2009 09:33PM by ivocalha.
Date: March 10, 2009 07:23PM
Posted by: Jacques26
Thank you for the cars and the sentiment. I look forward to your creations.

Just as a suggestion, you might want to take it easy on the sponsor side. The McLaren seems a bit too "busy" with so many sponsors: Vodafone D2, Warsteiner, Mobil 1, West, Emirates, Siemens, Mercedes Benz, SAP etc.

Most F1 teams place just a few (large) sponsors on their cars to prevent sponsor confusion.
Date: March 10, 2009 07:39PM
Ok Jacques26, thanks for the advise which definetaly i agree with.
I vote for Lotus revival...

GPGSL-3: Fox race driver and team manager - 2011-2012 Constructor Champion - 2012 Driver Champion

Season 9 - #18 Erick Von Draxeler - #35 Marcus Bongardt
These two cars are fabulous looking, wan't to see more of your work.
Suggestion after Lotus revival... Ligier revival with a mix of Vaillant F1 both French teams.

Very nice job...well done, looking forward to the rest ;)

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: March 11, 2009 04:07AM
Nice job again. Beautiful car. That D2 sponsor reminds me of the good old days of the 1997/1998 FIA GT seasons.

However, I also agree with Jacques26, there are too many sponsors on that Mercedes, especially when the official Mercedes cars never had many sponsors on them, well expect for the 1997/1998 CLK cars, 1986 C9 cars, and the modern DTM era cars, but at most of the time the presence of sponsors on an official Mercedes car has been more discreet.

My suggestion on reducing a bit the sponsor overload on the cars is to leave a space to a car number on the rear wings and on the nose of the car. But this is just my opinion, these two cars you did are amazing. I'm looking forward to see the next one. BTW, can you reveal what's your next project?

Cheers, and keep up the amazing work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2009 04:12AM by Racer#73.
Date: March 11, 2009 10:38AM
Hi Racer#73, thanks for the words of advise!

My next project as i also wrote before is going to be a BMW which most probably will published still today.

And after that will be doing a quick revision to sponsor load on the first two cars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2009 12:18PM by ivocalha.
Date: March 11, 2009 11:57AM
Posted by: The Lopper
Very nice cars! I don't mind having so many sponsors, it reminds me of Le Mans/DTM!!
Date: March 11, 2009 04:19PM
Here is my BMW:

I had some doubts about keeping or erasing the 3 stripes on each side of the cockpit, leaving only the ones on the sides and flanks, but because i was refraining myself from bombarding the car with sponsors, i decided to keep them to add more colour. Anyway, a version without that strips top part can also be shared if you wish.

Next i'll do some quick revisions to first two cars, and after that i'll paint my TOYOTA. It will be based on F1, Lemans and WRC official Toyotas.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2009 05:11PM by ivocalha.
Very nice! I like a lot the BMW, who reminds me to a model car I had a time ago.
Excellent!!
That's a very good looking BMW,nice paint job... well done.
I'm really a fan of your work :)

Looking out to the TOYOTA.

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
Date: March 12, 2009 12:18AM
Here it goes then:

The previous 3 cars have suffered minor changes and all of them were updated in their original posts.

Next painting: Renault! Inspiration coming from: early F1, Lemans and Rally Renaults, mainly in the good old fashion Yellow+Black+White.
Date: March 12, 2009 02:03AM
Another two awesome cars. Congrats.

The BMW looks practically how I imagined it would be like, with the stripes and the M Power logo on it.

I'm surprised with the Toyota, especially because of the Castrol sponsor. When you said the Toyota would be also based on the WRC cars, I thought it would be the cars from the 1990/1991 seasons, so I was expecting the usual white and red Toyota, but I was very glad to see another color on it.

So, another amazing job you did. I looking forward to another surprise and see how the Renault is going to look.

Cheers, and keep up the great work you are making.
Date: March 12, 2009 09:31AM
Thanks guys...it's always good to know someone's work is appreciated!
Date: March 12, 2009 10:59AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
really nice job, excellent cars!
i love the toyota. reminds me the good old Celica i used in older Rally games :)

It seems i can't see the new mercedes on screen but from the previous version i'd suggest to make the SAP logo smaller and rotate it by 90° ;-)

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2009 11:06AM by R_Scandura.
Date: March 12, 2009 12:35PM
Posted by: jyceZZ9
Very nice job !
I like the Toyota, too. And the BMW is great.

Thank you for these cars
NO WORDS for the TOYOTA... just (H)

THX

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy