Posted by Masterboy 
Please please Help
Date: March 04, 2008 09:28AM
Posted by: Masterboy
Hello

Please Help

I have buy a new PC and my PO is over 160%
I just read the forum and found some tips
Now I have set the vertical sync to OFF and selected in the GP patch CPU 0 after a test I set CPU all, but its all the same.

Configuration:
Asus Motherboard
Intel Core2Duo E8200 Tray (2x2,7GHz)
2GB Ram 800MHz
Graphic Card: GF 8600GT 512MB

Install: WIN XP
DirectX 9.0
GP3 v1.13
GPxPatch v3.92

If an ATI card better then a GF for GP3?

I am very sad should not to GP3 any longer function.

Greeting from Austria
Re: Please please Help
Date: March 04, 2008 09:46AM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
Hi, Masterboy,
Some time ago, after trying to play GP3 on my friend's sophisticated laptop we had the same problems. We tried all the advices, which were given on this forum. Unfortunately, we were not succeeded. Hope you will. So, the only solution was to come back to old PC. All the best, anyway.
Date: March 04, 2008 12:23PM
Posted by: mortal
Try setting the exe to run in win98 compatibility mode, worth a try ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 04, 2008 12:50PM
Posted by: tim3003
When you go into the Graphics options, is your card listed - ie has the program found it? And if so what framerate does it say you will get with all options on?

If you are running with Graphics set to Auto it's worth switching to Manual. You may find even if the framerate shown is no higher, when you run the game it's far better...

Tim
Date: March 05, 2008 11:52AM
Hello

Thanks for your supports.

I have the Graphic Card: GF 8600GT exchanged with a ATI Radeon X1800XL
I know this is an older Card, but is a dream for GP3 my PO between 10%-30% with the original track and with belini track 50%, wet max. 60%

I am saved :)

Greeting from Austria
Date: March 05, 2008 03:53PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
If that's the case, I'd put the blame squarely on NVIDIA's drivers. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 06, 2008 01:38PM
I have install some drivers but no success. :(

I'm not sure I think the technology in the new card is another than in an older card, but older card better for older games.

Greeting from Austria
Date: March 06, 2008 08:05PM
Posted by: fubby
Hi, yep I had the same problem ,brand new computer with nvidia card and gp3 running like @#$%& compared to my old pc with ATI...
Date: March 07, 2008 02:57PM
Posted by: mcdo
An obvious suggestion, but make sure you turn every program that isn't mission critical or system essential, OFF! Slay them all in Task Manager. If my crappy SiS Mirage graphics thing can give me decent PO, surely yours can.
Date: April 16, 2010 10:13PM
Posted by: belini
for windows xp sp3
it's the graphics card, nvidia cards (directx 10) higher than 7000's series give a hi po
only fix is to change card to 7000's series, not sure about ati but I have an ati directx10
4850, po only slightly higher than a directx9 card.

pk

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy