convert GP2 tracks to GP3

Posted by Rod_vs 
convert GP2 tracks to GP3
Date: March 27, 2007 06:17AM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Hi, GP3 fans!
I'll try to convert GP2 fictional tracks to play into GP3. I talked with Rob Scandura, and he said me some things that I need to do in it.
But, at the moment, I donn't learn how to put jam files. I made some GP2 tracks, but in beta version. I want to put jam files: adverts, fences, grass, sand, horizons and others.
If someone know how to make it, please, explain me. Or, if someone wants, I'll send the track.
I'm waiting an answer.
Thanks!

Rodrigo
www.trupedaterra.com.br

(in Portuguese, there's a lot of people in Brazil who loves GP3)
Ola, fãs de GP3.
Estou tentando converter as pistas fictícias do GP2 para o GP3. Eu falei com o Roberto Scandura e ele me passou algumas dicas.
Mas, ate o momento, eu não aprendi a colocar os arquivos jam. Eu fiz algumas pistas do GP2, mas em versão beta. Eu quero colocar os arquivos jam: patrocinadores, cerca, grama, brita e outros.
Se alguem souber como se faz, por favor, me ensinem. Ou então, eu passo as pistas.
Aguardo resposta.
Grato.

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Re: convert GP2 tracks to GP3
Date: March 27, 2007 06:24PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
congrats for the very small signature Rod ;)

if you want to add jams in the new track:
- first of all create a folder inside Gp3jamsH
- open a Jam editor and search for the jams you want from other tracks
- be sure there are not two or more jams with the same id number.
- import them one by one in your track
- insert an 0xe9 command for every texture you want to add.

To learn about the texture placing follow carefully the chapter about the textures from the tutorial and post your troubles. Somewhere you have to start...
If you want to add objects like advert panels or other stuff, the matter is a bit more complicated as I said many times it is no more 'conversion' but advanced editing which requires to know many more things. Anyway in the conversion guide I explained how to duplicate easily adverts/objects/textures from a track to another, so once you choosen the correct base it should be more simple at least for a start. In this case you won't need anymore to create your jams but can use the ones present in that track.

Isto é justo como começar, para satisfazer diz-me se você tiver quaisquer problemas

your move now, good luck. :)

-------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2007 06:31PM by R_Scandura.
Date: March 28, 2007 06:17AM
congrats for the very small signature Rod
(I will change this... I promisse...)

if you want to add jams in the new track:
- first of all create a folder inside Gp3jamsH (I create St. Etienne folder, called "setienne";)
- open a Jam editor and search for the jams you want from other tracks (That's what I want! I'm trying to put new jam files...)
- be sure there are not two or more jams with the same id number. (Can I change the ID number?)
- import them one by one in your track (I will learn...)

Thanks for answer me, Rob!
Hold!

PS: I don't know you speak Portuguese...
Date: March 29, 2007 06:49AM
Ah!

insert an 0xe9 command for every texture you want to add (what's this?)
Can I put it on every section to the track?
And how I insert grass? Do I need to put in all sections?
I will read the tutorial, but... it's moe and less that I write?
Thanks again!
Date: March 29, 2007 06:12PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
the 0xe9 commands must be placed at the beginning of the mapped zone. in example if you want to place a row of tyres 25 units long in this command you put that the length of the mapping is 25.

About the jam id, at the beginning try to use the same ones from other authors to don't create mess as some of them are dedicated to other things

Importing jams on the track is explained on the tutorial with screeshots about what to click. I'd write here the same things so i leave you the reading ;)

all tracks have already a custom command to put grass, you only have to change the bmp texture of the grass inside the jam editor.

PS: ehi, estava brincando sobre a assinatura :)

-------------------------------

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2007 06:27PM by R_Scandura.
Date: March 30, 2007 09:37PM
Thanks for grass!

I'll try... after, I answer to you.
About the signature, I know if you're kidding, but I think it's too big... but do you like to my helmet picture?
Thanks very much! (Obrigado!)
Date: May 15, 2007 10:36PM
(Just to up the topic...)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy