GP3 World Hotlap Series

Posted by Xeltron245 
GP3 World Hotlap Series
Date: March 18, 2007 08:35PM
Posted by: Xeltron245
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS POST

Run in the same way as the GP4 World Series for all of you who prefer playing GP3 or just want to run in the tournament anyway.
RULES

Engines:

You may choose to run any engines. This can be any car company or ex/current F1 engine.

Tyres:

You may run any existing tyre company in the world but you will have to find or make them so they will appear on your car.

Colour Scheme:

You may make your own colour scheme for your team or use an old one that is on a mod or downloadable (make sure you get permission).

Sessions:
Race sessions will be listed in the calendars and test sessions by teams. Race sessuions will be on Saturdays and you have from 12:00am to 12:00am GMT to show screenshots for your laps. The long amount of time gives everyone around the world a chance to enter. Laps must be done in the time set. 12:00am - 12:00am GMT on whatever the date is in question.

Drivers:
Each team may have 2 main drivers for the race sessions and 2 test drivers who may appear alongside the main drivers in test sessions

Series:
Other series may be added as number of entries grows. Should an F3 Series appear it will also be a 2 up 2 down format.

Calendar:
The calendar will appear as soon as I have another entries for the F1 Series

FORMULA ONE SERIES:
Xeltron Sports GPRM
Engines: Mazda
Tyres: Michelin
Colour Scheme: Green And Orange
Driver 1: TBA
Driver 2: TBA
Test Driver 1:
Test Driver 2:

Ferret F1
Engines: Renault
Tyres: Bridgestone
Colour Scheme: Yet to be decided
Driver 1: EGW(GBR)
Test Driver 1:
Test Driver 2:

Team name: FAtSPANNER F1
Engines: Astars PORSCHE
tyres: Bridgestones
Colour Scheme: See below
Driver 1: Bazza Ward (bazza_racer)
Driver 2:
Test Driver 1:
Test Driver 2:

Dunelm GP
Engines: Morgan
Colour Scheme: Orange/Purple
Driver 1: Gary42 (GB)
Test Driver 1: TBA
Test Driver 2: TBA

We are under NO circumstances going to increase the amount of time given to set hotlaps. The reasons for this are numerous.

Firstly, I do not intend for the series to turn into a competition where you can set times at any point during a year or week to earn points as this would heavily decrese variety of results. Not having this variety would kill the series as people have already left due to the results arent varied enough and it was too spread apart. I wish to work on ways to bring the time difference DOWN and not to INCREASE it.

Secondly, It defeats the whole object of the series and renders the calendar useless.

Finally, I understand that some may have other things they have to do and have fully taken this into account but although it would help these people it would also cause newcomers to find the series extremely boring as they may behind all the time, especially if they have just bought the game and are new to it.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2007 12:19PM by Xeltron245.
Re: GP3 World Hotlap Series
Date: March 19, 2007 12:28AM
Posted by: egw
Hi Xeltron,

I'd like to enter for this championship, and here's my entry.

HSBC William Racing Team
Engines: Renault
Colour Scheme: Yet to be decided
Driver 1: EGW(GBR)
Driver 2: TBA - If anyone's interested, then let me know :)
Test Driver 1:
Test Driver 2:

I hope to get a livery set up sooner or later, and once done, I'll put it up on the screen.

Here's to another good year of racing :)

EGW

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2007 12:09AM by egw.
Date: March 19, 2007 01:57AM
Here's the temporary livery of the car.

Had a good run around silverstone, final livery to be launched in a week and a half :)

Date: March 21, 2007 02:20PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
Hi i'm keen to take part and enter a team, but it concerns me that i could change the performance of my car and give it say 1000bhp set a lap that is outragously fast, screenshot it and post it, so are you going to be able to put some sort of performance cap on the teams say max 800bhp??

Bazza

"Racing is LIFE. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen.
Date: March 21, 2007 02:39PM
I'm gonna enter anyway so here goes:

Team name: FAtSPANNER F1
Engines: Astars PORSCHE
tyres: Bridgestones
Colour Scheme: See below
Driver 1: Bazza Ward (bazza_racer)
Driver 2: up for grabs pm me if interested
Test Driver 1:
Test Driver 2:

Interim pre-season test livery:

Bazza

Steve McQueen.
Date: March 21, 2007 04:48PM
Posted by: luizarthurrocha
I want to join this championship, but I can't build a team now. =/
If somebody wish me in your team, send me a e-mail (luizarthurrocha@gmail.com) or add me in msn messenger (luizarthurrocha@hotmail.com). =]

Sorry for the english.
Date: March 23, 2007 05:53PM
Ok current team applications accepted
Date: March 24, 2007 11:14AM
The first season of this will start in late April with the 2nd season of GP4 World Series. These races will be run on Saturdays where as GP4WS will be Sundays.
Date: March 24, 2007 08:57PM
Posted by: Gusgus
@bazza_racer : how did you put this panel on the top left-hand corner of you pic ? Could you send it to me by PM, please ? Or is it an edited pic ? Thanks for any reply.

My workthread here
Date: March 24, 2007 10:26PM
@ Gusgus. sorry dude it's just an edit i did for a mate of mine. It'd be cool if there was one like this just like the tv overlays but don't think it exists.

sorry for any confusion.

bazza

Steve McQueen.
Date: March 25, 2007 12:14AM
NEWS RELEASE - W.R.T Car breaks cover at Silverstone Shakedown.

The new HSBC W.R.T Renault broke cover earlier today for a shakedown test at a sunny Silverstone. Until now, an interim livery was used, however the final livery was revealed today at Silverston.

Driver EGW was on duty for the british team, as he set about getting to know the car.

The team's main focus was to ensure that the car responded positively to set-up changes, as well as testing the new Bridgestone tyres. EGW was positive about the car's potential. "It's a good package, obviously I won't know until I push it to the limit, which I hope to do tomorrow." The team will stay on at Silverstone for the remainder of the week.

No times were published.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2007 12:15AM by egw.
Date: March 26, 2007 02:18AM
Posted by: gary42
Hey Xeltron, I'd like to enter...

Dunelm GP
Engines: Morgan
Colour Scheme: Orange/Purple
Driver 1: Gary42 (GB)
Test Driver 1: TBA
Test Driver 2: TBA

Anyone who wants to drive, drop me a PM...

Date: April 03, 2007 12:55AM
***** THE NEW FAtSPANNER F1 CAR BREAKS COVER AT SUNNY SILVERSTONE *****

The new 07 challenger from FAtSPANNER F1 broke cover today at Silverstone, with Barry Ward conducting the initial shakedown of the car with new comer bambi racer, taking over the duties tomorrow.

This is what bazza_racer had to say about the new car:
"the car feels good, obviously with a brand new car there were a few teething problems but we hope to have them sorted out for tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to upcoming test in Spain to start puting the car through it's paces properly."

FAtSPANNER plan to progress testing at the the circuit de Cataluna early next week, where both drivers shall be conducting an extensive test program, before the official launch at an as yet undisclosed location.

Steve McQueen.
Date: April 09, 2007 09:24PM
Any news on the championship or what?

egw :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy