jumping cars

Posted by whyf1? 
jumping cars
Date: April 27, 2002 07:17AM
Posted by: whyf1?
i was just wondering if there are any tracks out there where the cars can jump off the top af a slope or something like that.

i think it would be a good idea and lots of fun if somebody made a track like that. if one already doesn't exist
Re: jumping cars
Date: April 27, 2002 04:37PM
Posted by: Zcott
That'd be great, until you land.
Date: April 27, 2002 05:02PM
Posted by: LS.
geoff crammond made a game called stuntcar racer, which basically was a car driving around a rollercoaster layout of a track, it was tremendous fun!!

if he was to do a sequal i'm sure it would go down a treat ( like ulrika johnson)

it featured jumps and ski slope type straights, some of them made you feel queezy when launching off of them.

that was back inm hte heady day of the amiga, and the forefront of 3d race games, if you were to see it now you'd probably laugh at it

but back then it was like virtual reality

c'mon geoff make a sequal!!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: April 28, 2002 01:36AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all...

I have a game called "whiplash" that hasn't been touched off my shelf for the past 2 odd years.... I only remember it now cos of the fact it's a game with loops and stuff in the tracks, and huge jumps...tremendous fun!

Date: April 28, 2002 01:46AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
G'day all..

Also, my only experience of the track editor resulted in me making an enormous several hundred metre drop in Spain. This was a fair while back, but it was very very very funny when you put it in director's mode and the camera was at the base of the cliff, giving you an underside view of 22 cars flying off at ridiculous speeds.

Date: April 28, 2002 01:46AM
Posted by: Covfan
well Matti created a track that was a ski jump, You can get it from BUT I think it was a gp2 version.
Date: April 28, 2002 04:55AM
Posted by: jordangp2001
i have a game called powerslide you are on a bobsleigh track and then at the very end you come on to a ski jump and try to get the furthest jump. its a good game graphics wise but the handling is pretty awful.....

cheers

Date: April 28, 2002 05:15AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
There is one for GPL very very very funny

Date: April 29, 2002 05:02AM
Posted by: PAT
There`s a part at the Soume Yemick track(halfway through it) where you can jump a bit if you get a slipstream. Not too much, because if you do, it goes straight into the fences.
Switch on the "undestructible car"-aid when you drive over the highest point of the Reims track. Maybe then you can continue driving after vaulting backwards. Take a slipstream or drop your front wing first....
Date: April 29, 2002 05:16AM
Posted by: Gusto
The desert rally track for gp2 had a jump ;-)

the artist formerly known as
Date: May 02, 2002 01:24PM
Posted by: Habi
PAT: you're right, you can actually FLY there.. only if you don't have the front wings :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy