GP3 Graphics Questions

Posted by Spiritairman 
GP3 Graphics Questions
Date: May 02, 2002 12:18PM
Posted by: Spiritairman
Hello all,

I have just recently installed GP3 on my XP1900+/256/GeForce3Ti500

All the graphics options, including resolution, are maxed. I've installed all the patches, running 1.13 with GPxPatch and new carsets. My problem is as follows...

Everything looks the same compared to what I remember from my P3/900/Radeon7500, with the sole exception of the car textures, which look unbelievably blurry. FPS are fine, but the cars look horribly fuzzy up close - I remember them being much more crisp on my old rig. This happens regardless of Carset/skins that I put into the game...

Is there something that I'm forgetting to do? Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Spirit
Re: GP3 Graphics Questions
Date: May 02, 2002 12:21PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
ERm maybe if you deselect "Hardware mode textures (low quality) box" in the gfx advanced menu?

Otherwise i really dont know :S

Date: May 02, 2002 12:22PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I mean of course "reduced texture detail (hardware 3d)" box

Date: May 02, 2002 12:56PM
Posted by: Zcott
The blurriness sounds like an anti-aliasing thing, but I don't know how to turn it off. Someone, help this man!
Date: May 02, 2002 12:59PM
FSAA is disabled on my system - and the low res textures is not clicked, but I still have this problem... maybe I've got some memory lapse here, but I'm relatively certain that I was able to make out the "Benneton" on the side of the cars on my old computer... now its just a big blob...

I appreciate the responses, and hope that somebody can lend a hand :)

Spirit
Date: May 02, 2002 01:26PM
Posted by: maddog76
Maybe its got somethig to with distance of the cars that the program switches from sprites to polygons? have you played with these settings in GPXpatch. I know that funny thing things happen if I change them. I beleive they are called CRM?
Date: May 02, 2002 01:31PM
No, I haven't played around with them... under which tab are they, and what settings should they be at? I've got processor power to spare. Thanks...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy