Grand Prix 3 or 4

Posted by miketmbt 
Re: Grand Prix 3 or 4
Date: October 20, 2005 03:39AM
Posted by: abulafia
1:53:449 at the ring! :D :D :D

But that was done one year I go, I think now I can easily go into 1:52:xxx :)

[gp3hotlaps.freefronthost.com]
Date: October 20, 2005 12:42PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
AClarke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i hate the ring!
>
>

Is that cos you can't do it without crashing? ;)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: October 20, 2005 02:21PM
Posted by: Priddo
I thought we did 52's at the ring, Abu?

Btw, Shanghai works, as does Turkey, I believe Germany 2005 also works, but i haven't tried it yet.
Date: October 20, 2005 06:37PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
So does Magny Cours.... maybe someone already mentioned that?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: October 20, 2005 07:40PM
Posted by: abulafia
Priddo Wrote:
> I thought we did 52's at the ring, Abu?
>

Nah, low 53s. But I am sure that this would be much different now.. ;)

[gp3hotlaps.freefronthost.com]
Date: October 21, 2005 09:55AM
Posted by: Marco1
Hands DOWN!

GP2 is the best simulation for formula One ever!

But nonetheless, I only use Gp3, the graphics arent too bad, you can edit everything in the game, and the game is absolutly enjoyable.

Gp4 I found as a massive headache to do things with, I couldnt stand the fact that there were no tracks, and you couldnt really make things the way you wanted.

IMO Gp3 is the way to go, if you want variety, speed, and fun. Not to mention, the driving is far better in GP3 than Gp4, plus the AI is easy in GP4 whereas in Gp3 its a little more challenging, but Gp2 offers you an AI that is a complete mess and will ram you!
Date: October 21, 2005 11:43AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Briere Wrote:
> use a wheel and you'll love it
>
>
>

got a wheel.... don't like it
Date: October 21, 2005 11:44AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
-qwerty- Wrote:
> AClarke Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > i hate the ring!
> >
> >
>
>
> Is that cos you can't do it without crashing?
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
>

no.... it's because I just don't like it! :@

Date: October 21, 2005 02:13PM
Posted by: rocker
The AI at GP2 is not challenging. I rememver that I used to overtake CC cars everywhere at Hungaroring.

GP3 and GP4 AI is pretty the "same", ok at GP4 he is a little smart, letting you just the worst part of the track so you get bad acceleration at the exit of the corner. But it's OK in both games.

The great thing of GP2 is that you had 2 different carshapes, so you can addapt it in the season you are going to play. I think GP3 could have at least two different carshapes. I don't like playing present days season at GP3 (imagine the McLaren without that thing in the engine cover!!!).

But F1GP, GP2, GP3 and GP4 are all great games, made for the current tecnology of the time they were released.

Finally, I remember now that GP2 didn't have wet races!!!

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: October 21, 2005 04:00PM
Posted by: saturdaynight
Just to note, I've seen an add on for GP2 that adds rain.

Anyway, I 've played them all and have memories from each and every one. Many of those moments at the Monza circuit.

GP1 had so many memories I can't even figure out where to begin, but it was the first time I could race agianst my idol, Ayrton Senna!

GP2 coming down the back staight just before Curva Del Vialone, I tapped my front tyre on the back of another car, and launched into the air, almost hitting the banner, hanging over the track and when I came down, every piece of the car broke apart. Before that, I'de never seen a game where the entire car could fall apart like that. All that was left, was the cockpit when that car came to a halt in the gravel pit.

GP3, the start of yet another Italian GP. I was in a red Williams Mechachrome and lightly touch another cars tyres but instead of flying up into the air, the nose of the car came up just enough that the car became airborne only a few feet, nose up, flying down the front straight and miraculously coming back down on all fours without any damage. Then, the colision at the first chicane! ;)

A 2004 GP4 quickrace at the Italian circuit, I imported a Ducati F1 car that I thought looked pretty cool. The first lap was some of the best racing I've ever done in expert mode. I'll let the images tell the story!

I'm on the far left:

I broke late inside of Coulthard but he then turned in and we tapped tires, sending him across the grass.

Schumacher took advantage of the collision and I fought hard to hold onto him around Curva Grande.

Some late breaking gave me the clear cut line through Variante della Roggia and the lead.

Schumacher then regained the lead at Curve di Lesmo and I fought hard to hold onto him down the straight...

...Where I was able to get into his slipstream make another late breaking meneuver to get the lead once again at Curva Del Vialone.

Down the back stretch I opend up my lead a little...

...And that's lap one at Monza!

The World Sim Racing Championship

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2005 04:02PM by saturdaynight.
Date: October 21, 2005 04:48PM
Nice!Are using a special tarmac texture? Looks good! If not, I'm just a muppet.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: October 22, 2005 04:14PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
It's bump mapping I'd say but...

And that add-on for GP2 just edits the grip until it's down to ridiculously low levels, then you crash at every corner.

So do the AI actually, which made it even more fun ;)

Date: October 24, 2005 08:34PM
Posted by: saturdaynight
-qwerty- Wrote:
> Nice!Are using a special tarmac texture? Looks
> good! If not, I'm just a muppet.

Not that I know of!

Yes, Zeppelin, the add on pack fo Gp2 did just that. It was fun to drive! gave a little more life to GP2! :)

The World Sim Racing Championship
Date: October 25, 2005 08:49AM
Posted by: Saih Pitu
Priddo Wrote:
> GP4 is easily better.
>
> Better graphics, better gameplay. All this tak of
> lack of editablity is a lie. There is also more
> then 1 new track for GP4. Plenty of mods for it
> really.

Can I install a 1985 carset and all the tracks they ran in F1 that season into GP4? When I can you might be correct but as it stands right now I think GP3 is still better. GP4 has the possiblity of being better but its not their yet.

Date: October 25, 2005 01:00PM
GP4 has just as much potential for editing now they've work out the track editing. Cars are even MORE eidtable, since you can do theeir shape to perfection, for each car, instead of one for all, and the shapes not evening having things like mirrors....

GP4 Physics are way better too, GP3's are poor in comparison IMO.
Date: October 25, 2005 02:56PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Read the last sentence Priddo!!!

"GP4 has the possiblity of being better but its not their yet."

Granted, GP4 is perhaps 'as' editable in a technical sense, but realistically, as things currently stand it is not as editable. This is down to nothing more than the fact that there aren't as many tracks, shapes, cars etc released yet.

Think about this - GP4 was released in 2002. In more than three years we now see something like five differnt tracks. GP3 is only two or three years older yet there are in excess of 200 different tracks available. To me that suggests that, in terms of tracks at least, GP3 is more editable.

Will GP4 ever catch up? I very much doubt it, not with tracks, cars or anything else.

Physics modelling is down to opinion for the masses anyway. You think GP4 physics are way better than GP3, I prefer GP3 2000. Indeed, there are plenty who prefer GP2. I prefer bananas, you prefer apples - it's all about taste.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: October 25, 2005 03:31PM
Hmmm, GP4 is more editable already. It doesn't have as many mods yet but it is more EDITABLE. GP3 is 4 years older to my understanding, also. GP3 will die as soon as they get a bunch of tracks out for GP4 and some people upgrade to decent computers. Its bound to happen in a year or 2.

Its just a shame we don't have a GP5 to throw into the arguement.
Date: October 25, 2005 04:05PM
Posted by: sté
Ok

i wonder which versions get compared here

if you get a out off the box gp3 to compare against gp 4 than sure gp4 is miles away from it

But get in the cocpit on let say shangai by belini and shangai for gp 4 and there insn't all that difference,both circuits are newly constructed
As far as modeling gp4 is far better but you can only see that on tv style

Some day maybe gp4 will be on the upperhand .

[www.facebook.com]
Date: October 25, 2005 04:57PM
priddo, the reason we still use gp3 isnt because our pcs are too shite to play gp4, we just dont want to :)

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: October 25, 2005 05:36PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
The only reason there are more tracks for GP3/GP2 is because they still use JAMS, GP4 uses proper textures, and check out any wad, and there will be over 440 textures in there, plus the file that holds all of the graphical information is over 7mb, so don't start raving on about how great GP3 is because it has more tracks. Crammond made sure it was harder for people to modify his game when he released GP4, fair credit to him, he's done a great job, and now there are the exceptional few (Lo2k, Maverick, Shutt1e) who've sought to make it just as easy to edit as earlier versions of the game.

It's not a case of "GP3 has more stuff, so it's better", it's a case of "GP4 is harder to edit and takes more skill".

Not meaning to sound harsh, just pointing out the facts :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy