Grand Prix 3 or 4

Posted by miketmbt 
Grand Prix 3 or 4
Date: October 18, 2005 09:37PM
Posted by: miketmbt
Why do some of you play GP3 Instad of GP4? I am fairly new to GP4 and would just like to know which one you all think is better.
Re: Grand Prix 3 or 4
Date: October 18, 2005 10:21PM
Posted by: Made in Brazil
gp3 is more editable.....i donpt like gp4 physics too.

Date: October 18, 2005 10:39PM
Posted by: Advong
I play GP3 because i have so many mods, cars, tracks, etc and its really easy to set up championships exactly as you want them to be
Date: October 18, 2005 10:46PM
Posted by: dada
GP4 is too "Plastic" ....

also look at the doanload section of each game and you will undertand the difference

=================================

Date: October 18, 2005 10:47PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
I wish I was prood too :)

H E L L O
Date: October 18, 2005 11:18PM
Posted by: JackiMatra
A half-dozen or so addon carsets for GP4 and all of one working addon track, compared to around ninety or so addon carsets and well over six hundred addon tracks for GP3.

I can play every single F1 season from 1982 through the present and every CART season from 1999 through 2004 with all of the correctly configured tracks from all of those years in GP3, while it's only possible to do the same for the 2000 and 2001 F1 seasons in GP4, and to date, GP4 still doesn't even have either the 2000 or the 2001 F1 circuits with anything faintly resembling the correct adverts and other graphics from those years.
Date: October 18, 2005 11:30PM
Posted by: miketmbt
Great. Thank you. Could you point me in the right direction to get 2005 cars and tracks for GP3? Is the one simple mod or do I need to install each one seperatly?
Date: October 19, 2005 02:40AM
Posted by: abulafia
The right direction would be the download section of the present website :)

In there you can find everything; and keep checking the forum, because many people post here their work and updates, regarding carsets and tracks...

As for GP4 or GP3... that's not really a contest. GP3 wins hands down.

GP4 ---> better graphics
GP3 ---> more editable, endless add-on features, ability to make your own cars, tracks, helmets, etc, and of course much better physics and gameplay. GP4 is too "floaty" - not at all realistic.

:)

[gp3hotlaps.freefronthost.com]
Date: October 19, 2005 07:10AM
Pretty much everything seperately is the usual for GP3.

You'll likely have to make do with "2004" F1 tracks mostly, but they're all the same configuration just the graphics aren't of 2005 appearance.

Be sure to have a look at CHolquin's (Calimbo's) different liveries for all races that are on his website, and check this forum for things like the new Istanbul or Shanghai tracks.

Most all of the rest you should be able to find in the GP3 downloads section of this website.
Date: October 19, 2005 12:56PM
Posted by: drafi5
I don´t like this alternative questions, my answer is: play GP3(2k) AND GP4.
Of course GP3 has much more possibilities (carsets, tracks, edit), but a lot
of things happen in GP4: track editing now is possible and there are new tracks
like Hockenheim 2004, Magny-Cours 2004, Shanghai 2004 and Istanbul 2005 !
So for me it is no problem to play GP3 AND GP4, because these racing simulations
are made by Geoff Crammond, simply the best !

Happy racing from Germany !!!
Date: October 19, 2005 01:15PM
Posted by: rocker
I prefer GP4.I like the carshape for each team.

But in my house here in São Paulo I play GP3 (GP4 works here, but somethimes it crashes and it's crap when it crashes in the lap 32 of the race... also some high detailed Mod's don't work).

In my parents house in São José dos Campos the computer is better and I play it OK, with all mod's and so...

There are some wonderfull Mod's out there, I want to try the GP2 mod that looks amazing!!!

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: October 19, 2005 03:04PM
Posted by: Priddo
GP4 is easily better.

Better graphics, better gameplay. All this tak of lack of editablity is a lie. There is also more then 1 new track for GP4. Plenty of mods for it really. The only thing i prefer GP3 for is loading times, and the fact im in a hotlap comp with it. Other then that GP4 has the upper hand for me :)
Date: October 19, 2005 06:57PM
"There is also more then 1 new track for GP4"

I said, that work in the game.
The Bahrain track, other than looking frightfull, also crashed before a single lap was completed with any AI.

Please be so kind as to let me know what other working tracks, besides Shanghai, are available for GP4 that actually have different configurations from the original game tracks and not just different graphics, and where they can be obtained.
Date: October 19, 2005 08:48PM
Posted by: purpleRacer
drafi5 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> because these racing simulations
> are made by Geoff Crammond, simply the best !
>
>

IMO, GP3 is great because has many utilities and programs to edit almost everything in the game, and no one of this utilites are work of Crammond. My thanks went to Paul Hoad, Steven Young, Addie Walti and all the ordinary people (like me :)) for the programs, utilties, artworks, tracks, cars, competitions, discussions, time, weekends, beers, girlfriends losted ;)....

GP3 basically is a COMUNITY RACING SIMULATOR .. we are racers!!! :)
Date: October 19, 2005 09:17PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
GP4 was made so that people couldn't edit it wasnt it?

I heard that Crammond doesn't actually appreciate people editing his game so much.
Date: October 19, 2005 09:35PM
Posted by: dada
purpleRacer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> time, weekends, beers,
> girlfriends losted ....

......... YOU ARE MY "LOST" BROTHER ..... Cheers

Date: October 19, 2005 09:37PM
Posted by: saturdaynight
I was a die hard GP3 player for many years. I've gotten most everything. I've even setup a 2005 game. But for me, realism is everything, and even though GP3 is very realistic, GP4 raised the bar much further! Once you can iron out it's bugs with the proper patches, it's a very fun simulation to play. But from time to time i still find myself taking a trip down memory lane running GP3. :)
Date: October 19, 2005 10:47PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
GP3 is better. Why?

2 tracks: The Ring, and Parklane :D

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: October 19, 2005 10:49PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
i hate the ring!
Date: October 20, 2005 12:33AM
Posted by: Briere
use a wheel and you'll love it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy